2018 Depth Chart...How do you see it?

Humble_Beast

30 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Notable cuts: D Washington, S Roberts, G Whalen, B Giacomini, K Wilber, D McDonald, L Hall, A Hamilton, E Harris

So after building him up all offseason, running him with the first unit at times and him being a core ST player, Gruden is going to cut Erik Harris?

After rewatching this game, I'll be upset if Calhoun doesn't make the team. It looks like he's turning the corner. He's stil under contract for 2 more years for cheap. He looks like a better/more effective edge guy than Cowser. I think he could do something this year.

We'll see on key, he's still coming off the ankle and needs time.

54 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

post week 2 updated Depth chart in my eyes

Offense:

QB: Carr, Manuel, Cook (3)

RB: Lynch, Martin, Richard, Warren (4)

FB: K Smith (1)

WR: Cooper, Bryant, Holton

WR: Nelson, Switzer,  (5)

TE: Cook, L Smith, Carrier (3)

T: Miller, Penn, Ware, Parker (4)

G: KO, Jackson, Sharpe, Kirkland (4)

C: Hudson, Felicianoc(2)

(26)

Defense:

DE: Irvin, Tank, Key, Calhoun 

DT: Ellis, Edwards, Hall, Hurst, Hester(9)

OLB: Whitehead, Lamur, Morrow, Cowser(4)

MLB: Lee, DJ (2)

CB: Melvin,  Conely, S Wright

CB: Worley, Nelson,  (5)

S: Joseph, Gilchrist, Nelson, Luani (4)

(24)

Special Teams: 

K/P/LS:  Eddy P, Townsend, Depaola (3)

IRorPUP/Holdout: Obi, Vanderdoes, Rubin, Mack

Practice squad: P Butler, A Victor, M Ateman, I Silberman, F Brown, J Butler, E Harris, J Simmons plus 2others to headline Practice team

Notable cuts: D Washington, S Roberts, G Whalen, B Giacomini, K Wilber, D McDonald, L Hall, A Hamilton, E Harris

I don't think it would be very wise to have 10 olineman on the roster. Nor do I think we will. Most likely 8 given that Feliciano will likely be the backup for all the interior spots. Parker has the draft pedigree this year so he  makes it. Then Sharpe is probably next in line. However, given that Parker has been injured periodically, it's possible they can find a way to get him on IR. Store him for a year and give him a redshirt year to work on technique and get in the weight room. After that, unfortunately, I'd say Silberman has an edge given that he can play almost every position on the line. Albeit not well. Will definitely look at the FA market after cuts.

26 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

After rewatching this game, I'll be upset if Calhoun doesn't make the team. It looks like he's turning the corner. He's stil under contract for 2 more years for cheap. He looks like a better/more effective edge guy than Cowser. I think he could do something this year.

We'll see on key, he's still coming off the ankle and needs time.

He looked like a man against boys against the Rams.. he will be picked up fast if cut. 

Final cuts are going to be interesting. Especially since its a cut down to 53 in one day now.. September 1st is a day to mark on your calender.

15 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

I don't think it would be very wise to have 10 olineman on the roster. Nor do I think we will. Most likely 8 given that Feliciano will likely be the backup for all the interior spots. Parker has the draft pedigree this year so he  makes it. Then Sharpe is probably next in line. However, given that Parker has been injured periodically, it's possible they can find a way to get him on IR. Store him for a year and give him a redshirt year to work on technique and get in the weight room. After that, unfortunately, I'd say Silberman has an edge given that he can play almost every position on the line. Albeit not well. Will definitely look at the FA market after cuts.

I haven't rewatched the games but our backup offensive line has been lights out. Big holes for Warren, and time for Manuel and Cook. I think we keep 10 due to Penn age and coming off major injury, and Kolton and Parker both raw rookies

1 minute ago, raiders4life said:

He looked like a man against boys against the Rams.. he will be picked up fast if cut. 

Final cuts are going to be interesting. Especially since its a cut down to 53 in one day now.. September 1st is a day to mark on your calender.

two strong games for Calhoun, and I wanted him gone before camp

46 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

So after building him up all offseason, running him with the first unit at times and him being a core ST player, Gruden is going to cut Erik Harris?

really has lit the world on fire.... could make it, but I prefer Luani... backup safety is a cut I wouldn't lose sleep over... Notice no mention of Harris once the games started to count

50 minutes ago, BABPITT said:

Chris Warren just got to make this team him and lynch gonna pound the rock

week 3 is usually a week to play the starters... I would rest Lynch(rest his legs because of age), and insert Warren and Martin with our starters. and see how they fare against another number 1 defense...

3 minutes ago, raiders4life said:

We've come a long way with Calhoun. I liked him coming out of MSU. It's good to see him finding his way. He's noticeably bigger and playing a true DE spot. Really hope he continues to excel and grow. Coaching staff has been a revelation compared to what we've seen. Finally seeing some growth with players. 

37 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

really has lit the world on fire.... could make it, but I prefer Luani... backup safety is a cut I wouldn't lose sleep over... Notice no mention of Harris once the games started to count

Umm started to count? It's preseason. Regardless of all the starter hype Harris got early on, I think he makes the team based on ST. He was one of our best return coverage guys last year. That utility is what is important for the back of the roster guys ie Cowser, Hamilton, Luani and Holton.

41 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I haven't rewatched the games but our backup offensive line has been lights out. Big holes for Warren, and time for Manuel and Cook. I think we keep 10 due to Penn age and coming off major injury, and Kolton and Parker both raw rookies

That's just a waste of roster spots IMO. I'm not sure how slightly less raw players like Ware and Sharpe make up for Miller and Parker's rawness.

6 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

Umm started to count? It's preseason. Regardless of all the starter hype Harris got early on, I think he makes the team based on ST. He was one of our best return coverage guys last year. That utility is what is important for the back of the roster guys ie Cowser, Hamilton, Luani and Holton.

That's just a waste of roster spots IMO. I'm not sure how slightly less raw players like Ware and Sharpe make up for Miller and Parker's rawness.

rather have bodies will can trust at OL. our OL depth is a strength, I wouldn't try to cut corners and only have 8 with such an important unit. Say Penn gets hurt for 3rd year in a row, we would be down to 7ol and desperate to sign guys off the street

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

You prefer Luani? Why do you say that? He's done nothing notable and it's a ST ace as Harris has shown to be. 

And the games don't start counting until September.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

You prefer Luani? Why do you say that? He's done nothing notable and it's a ST ace as Harris has shown to be. 

And the games don't start counting until September.

I think Luani could be just as good on special teams... I mean Erik Harris 5 tackles in 2017 makes him a roster lock. I wouldn't lose sleep either way. Luani had the hit of the week against LA. Came up and laid the wood on that back

For the heck of it, my guess:

QB: Carr, Manuel, Cook

RB: Lynch, Martin, Richard, Warren

FB: Smith

TE: Cook, Smith, Carrier

WR: Cooper, Nelson, Bryant, Whalen, Switzer, Ateman

OL: Penn, Miller, Parker, Sharpe, Osemele, Jackson, Feliciano, Hudson

DE: Irvin, Carradine, Key, Calhoun

DT: Edwards, Ellis, Hall, Hurst

LB: Whitehead, Lee, Johnson, Morrow, Lamur, Wilbur, Cowser*

CB: Melvin, Conley, Worley, Nelson, Hall, Hamilton

S: Joseph, Gilchrist, Nelson, Harris

K: Piniero,  P: Townsend, LS: DePaola

*Cowser would be my cut candidate when Mack returns

PS candidates: WR Blacknall, WR Whitney, TE Butler, OL Simmons, OT Ware, DE Brown, LB Victor, DB Mitchell, S Luani

IR: Melifonwu

19 hours ago, StocktonSav said:

For the heck of it, my guess:

QB: Carr, Manuel, Cook

RB: Lynch, Martin, Richard, Warren

FB: Smith

TE: Cook, Smith, Carrier

WR: Cooper, Nelson, Bryant, Whalen, Switzer, Ateman

OL: Penn, Miller, Parker, Sharpe, Osemele, Jackson, Feliciano, Hudson

DE: Irvin, Carradine, Key, Calhoun

DT: Edwards, Ellis, Hall, Hurst

LB: Whitehead, Lee, Johnson, Morrow, Lamur, Wilbur, Cowser*

CB: Melvin, Conley, Worley, Nelson, Hall, Hamilton

S: Joseph, Gilchrist, Nelson, Harris

K: Piniero,  P: Townsend, LS: DePaola

*Cowser would be my cut candidate when Mack returns

PS candidates: WR Blacknall, WR Whitney, TE Butler, OL Simmons, OT Ware, DE Brown, LB Victor, DB Mitchell, S Luani

IR: Melifonwu

Like this lineup and I’d have something similar tbh. Only change would be adding an OL Silberman (versatile) probably for Wilber/Cowser. Picking up OL off the street is really difficult and going with only 8 OL especially with 2 rookie OTs is too much of a risk.

Holton is good on STs so could make the team over Ateman. 

Archived