Sam Darnold Pro Day (3/21/18)

Mind Character

6 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

I have a feeling it’s going to be mayfield the way he talked about Tyrod Taylor. Believe it or not Taylor and Mayfield are very very similar with the athleticism leaning towards Taylor. Unfortunately I feel like we’re just going to take Mayfield when we could have just stuck with Taylor for 5 years and got the same outcome. Might as well take Barkey and Chubb and build around him. Open our window now instead of next year. Unless they truly believe Mayfields the next Wilson with a weaker arm. Idk what to think. It’s stressing me out though. 

Alex Smith and Pat Mahomes are total opposites

I don’t think that means anything 

Dude came from the Brett Favre team 

Take a deep breath everyone it’s Darnold 

36 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This told me he was nfl ready.

Something cool that isn’t in that clip, but they show on the live broadcast just after that video ends.

The first thing Darnold does after they score is look over to the sidelines to see if they are going for one to level it or two to win.

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Apparently Baker went ‘hee hee’ and everyone else replied hee hee. 

We need someone to got to California and teach Sam to hee hee. 

I vote @brownie man

Lol I’m actually flying to LA this weekend 

I’ll stop by USC and ask Darnold if hes picked out his jersey number yet 

9 hours ago, candyman93 said:

This told me he was nfl ready.

Every QB we should be considering (Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold) has a throw that clutch in a close game situation. One play doesn't tell you much about any player.

For instance, the two throws before that one both should've been intercepted (hit the DB in the back) but because he didn't turn his head he got called for "face guarding" PIs that got them in range for that throw.

I like Darnold. He's one of the guys I think should be in consideration at #1. But I think he's definitely the one of the three that would benefit the most from sitting out a year. Mainly to give him some time to get his new habits (snappier release, footwork, not holding the ball out wide) ingrained before he gets tossed into the fire and they revert to his old issues.

2 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

As much as I like reading that, there should be no trade offer that can change a thing. Just take your QB and let’s go.

no there is a trade offer. It just depends on Dorsey's value. It seems like if Dorsey is going to trade that pick, it is going to a crazy offer. prolly an offer he truly cant refuse or something way too sweet to turn down

2 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Just follow the game tape and it should be very straightforward.

its all about how they view game tape tho. You can watch the tape and see the great things he did in college but you have to view the film to see how things will translate to the NFL game. Like is he making NFLreads, is he making NFLthrows, does he have NFL placement, and etc. 

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

its all about how they view game tape tho. You can watch the tape and see the great things he did in college but you have to view the film to see how things will translate to the NFL game. Like is he making NFLreads, is he making NFLthrows, does he have NFL placement, and etc. 

And that is exactly why it’s straightforward to choose Darnold over Allen.

There is nothing Allen does better other than throw it harder and faster.

7 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

For instance, the two throws before that one both should've been intercepted (hit the DB in the back) but because he didn't turn his head he got called for "face guarding" PIs that got them in range for that throw.

He threw those two balls early and to that position for the reason that he saw the one on one coverage and knew the defender would not get turned around in time. I don’t see how they should’ve been intercepted when the DB didn’t even see the ball on either throw. All the DB did was flagrantly stop the receiver from making a play on the ball.

That sort of thing happens in the nfl a lot. A QB sees a one on one opportunity in the coverage and puts it out early enough for either the receiver to be the only one who can make a play on the ball or to get a PI because the defender will cause an obvious interference.

There were two other throws in the drive before that. The first one when he moved up in the pocket, then moved out and hit JuJu I think it was on the sideline whilst on the move. It was a beauty.

I agree that one throw doesn’t make a prospect, but it feels a bit disingenuous to pick out two PIs as should’ve been intercepted passes, and leave out the other completions, when discussing that final drive.

3 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

And that is exactly why it’s straightforward to choose Darnold over Allen.

There is nothing Allen does better other than throw it harder and faster.

I completely agree that Darnold is better but I do see things that Allen does that makes teams like him, specially so high in the draft. 

Could you image what this draft class would look like if TRub and Kizer would of went back for that extra year in college

Archived