Suh Watch

titans0021

Also I think he picks the Rams because of Personal stats. 

I can't think of a DL guy off top that got sacks in a Dean Pees defense. Maybe if I looked. But off top I can only think of edge guys.  

Wade Phillips gets guys like Donald and Watt double digit sacks from the interior position. 

29 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Also I think he picks the Rams because of Personal stats. 

I can't think of a DL guy off top that got sacks in a Dean Pees defense. Maybe if I looked. But off top I can only think of edge guys.  

Wade Phillips gets guys like Donald and Watt double digit sacks from the interior position. 

But we’re not running the same traditional 3-4 pees run Vrabel said players are more important than scheme 

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Ken Whisenhunt and Mike Mularkey also said a lot of things that didn't come to fruition.

Well Vrabel is neither Whisenhunt nor Mularkey.  Whiz and Mularkey were both too stubborn to evolve their schemes to fit the players.  The base might be the 3-4, but he said we'll be doing a lot of 4-man fronts as well.  We put Suh on the same line with Casey, it won't matter what we run, they're the type of players who can dominate.  I'm sure Suh is well aware of what we're expecting from him. 

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Ken Whisenhunt and Mike Mularkey also said a lot of things that didn't come to fruition.

Think about it pees ran a traditional 3-4 in Baltimore why would we run a traditional 3-4, all the sudden you now take cassey & morgan out of our defense. Cassey wont be effective or as dominant playing the 5tech on 1 side & morgan is not a LB capable of dropping into coverage a lot. Use your head. It makes no sense. 

11 minutes ago, Dionysus said:

Well Vrabel is neither Whisenhunt nor Mularkey.  Whiz and Mularkey were both too stubborn to evolve their schemes to fit the players. 

2 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Think about it pees ran a traditional 3-4 in Baltimore why would we run a traditional 3-4, all the sudden you now take cassey & morgan out of our defense. Cassey wont be effective or as dominant playing the 5tech on 1 side & morgan is not a LB capable of dropping into coverage a lot. Use your head. It makes no sense. 

Totally agree with both of ya'll. And I truly hope that we don't do stupid ish from our coaching staff. But based on recent history, we haven't had the best streak when it comes to how the coaches adapt.

So far Vrabel has talked the right stuff. Remains seen if he walks the walk. 

I agree... To an extent. We'll be fine without Suh. Casey, Johnson, and Jones still has a very good feel. 

But I honestly believe he puts us on SB this year. Casey would become the OLs secondary focus for the first time in his career. I can only imagine what Casey can do in that type of environment. Such is not at elite Painsworth status anymore, bit he's still one of the best 3-5 or so interior linemen in the NFL.

12 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I agree... To an extent. We'll be fine without Suh. Casey, Johnson, and Jones still has a very good feel. 

But I honestly believe he puts us on SB this year. Casey would become the OLs secondary focus for the first time in his career. I can only imagine what Casey can do in that type of environment. Such is not at elite Painsworth status anymore, bit he's still one of the best 3-5 or so interior linemen in the NFL.

Suh would make our defense fierce. So I'm not going to front like that.....

But I'm personally not going to be too high or too low with the decision he makes. Would love it....but won't be mad.

43 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I don't think Pees was as rigid in his defense as you're implying. Logan Ryan said on the radio that Pees ran as much nickle package as any DC in the league. People sweat base defenses way too much. Most teams spend the majority of snaps in some sort of sub package anyway. I think that's what they mean by front multiplicity.

I'd argue that Lebeau ran as traditional a 3-4 defense as you can have considering he's one of the architects of it. Casey and Morgan have played just fine within their roles. 

37 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

To be honest. I don't care...lol

It's not the Suh of Detroit.  That guy was worth an $100 Million contract.  This Suh is still good, but.....I guess it's hard to explain.
If he comes great. If not...whatevs...

Same guy 2 different schemes Suh in Detroit is Albert Haynesworth leaving TN to be a NT in a 3-4 at Washington. Facts when he played for Detroit he played next to another young dominant Defensive lineman Nick Fairley & played in a wide 9 Tampa 2 defense. Suh didn’t play a lot of Gap sound defense that he plays in Miami. Plus he didnt have to play heavy snaps as in Miami whole constantly being double team. He still in the top 5 far as interior pressures & disruptive plays. Ndamukong Suh is Richard Seymoure, he doesn’t have all the sack #s but he can dominate in any system  

6 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

I don't think Pees was as rigid in his defense as you're implying. Logan Ryan said on the radio that Pees ran as much nickle package as any DC in the league. People sweat base defenses way too much. Most teams spend the majority of snaps in some sort of sub package anyway. I think that's what they mean by front multiplicity.

I'd argue that Lebeau ran as traditional a 3-4 defense as you can have considering he's one of the architects of it. Casey and Morgan have played just fine within their roles. 

No, what he meant by front multiplicity is being able to play to whatever the matchup needs us to be, rather that’s playing a 4-3 or 3-4, because the reporter asked will the titans be going back to a 4-3.

4-3under.jpg

okay here’s the defense re ran last year since a lot of you guys keep saying we’re a 3-4 defense & that now we got pees we’re going to be a traditional 3-4 defense. Get it out your head we’re a hybrid defense now with Suh it give us more flexibility to play more 4-3. 

Archived