Tramon Williams returns to GB

Ketchup

9 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I can’t believe he’s still in the league. I know he was ok in Arizona but he was the worst DB I’ve ever seen in Cleveland. 

Exactly what I thought. I always liked him as a person and as a great locker room guy, but he was hilariously bad. Couldn't cover, couldn't tackle, couldn't make plays on the football. One of the worst signings the Browns made recently in a sea of bad ones.

21 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I can’t believe he’s still in the league. I know he was ok in Arizona but he was the worst DB I’ve ever seen in Cleveland. 

He wasn't just ok for us last year, he was incredibly good for us last year. Best CB we've had opposite PP since Antonio Cromartie

On 3/23/2018 at 7:59 AM, SteelKing728 said:

I haven't followed the draft that closely, but isn't there more edge depth this year than CB? Why not get a corner in round 1 and an edge rusher round 2?

I'm pretty sure the Packers have a lot of picks this year. Maybe they even move back up into round 1.

I wouldn't really say either one is particularly deeper than the other.  EDGE is probably a bit more top heavy than CB is this year.

22 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Far more CB depth than Edge. You don't pass on Landry, Edmunds or Davenport for any CB not names Ward. 

Pretty much.  Denzel Ward is the only CB prospect you consider in the 1st round IMO.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I wouldn't really say either one is particularly deeper than the other.  EDGE is probably a bit more top heavy than CB is this year.

Yeah that’s why you get an EDGE before the drop off.  The gap between that top tier is higher from the next tier.   As you said CB is pretty even other than Ward.  

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

That’s why you get an EDGE before the drop off.  The gap between that top tier is higher from the next tier.   As you said CB is pretty even other than Ward.  

I absolutely agree.  And given the positional value, I'd probably lean EDGE anyways.  Unfortunately, I feel there's a LOT of posters who feel that CB can't wait given the current state of our position.  Right now, I think there's going to be really good value in that late 1st, early 2nd round range for corners.  Jaire Alexander, Isaiah Oliver, Carlton Davis, maybe Mike Hughes.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I absolutely agree.  And given the positional value, I'd probably lean EDGE anyways.  Unfortunately, I feel there's a LOT of posters who feel that CB can't wait given the current state of our position.  Right now, I think there's going to be really good value in that late 1st, early 2nd round range for corners.  Jaire Alexander, Isaiah Oliver, Carlton Davis, maybe Mike Hughes.

Obviously you have a new GM but wasn’t TT really good about sticking to the Big Board Rd1?  

Going by most pressing need early is how you gradually deplete roster talent.   DEN has been doing it since 2014 and we are suffering for it now.   It’s only justifiable if you are an org that is literally one player away.  GB isn’t that case right now.   

10 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Obviously you have a new GM but wasn’t TT really good about sticking to the Big Board Rd1?  

Going by most pressing need early is how you gradually deplete roster talent.   DEM has been doing it since 2014 and we are suffering for it now.   It’s only justifiable if you are an org that is literally one player away.  GB isn’t that case right now.   

He's a TT-disciple, so I'd imagine most of the concepts and rules that were in place were likely to be kept in place.

Archived