LoganF89

Ty Nsekhe

John Kling-future/reserve

Cameron Jefferson-future/reserve

Alex Balducci-future/reserve

Arie Kuandjio

Tyler Catalina

TJ Clemmings

My question is, Do we try to make one of these backups our starter at Left guard for 2018, Im interested in letting 3 guys learn and push for a competition, those are Orlando Franklin, Ty Nsekhe, and TJ Clemmings. Hear me out. I think Nsekhe can be a starting guard in this league if he is getting the reps in practice, Orlando Franklin has the most guard experience of the 3 and was a former 2nd round pick and has started in this league. TJ Clemmings played solid at Tackle when we called on him last year, hes the yongest of the three and i believe has a higher ceiling to learn the game more. He is one who if he can learn and play well at LG he could be around a while. Should we try these guys or do you think we absolutely need to sign a FA

If it was up to me I would do an in house competition and draft a 4th or 5th round guy to come in and compete. I know we all want a LG really badly but I cant justify spending one of our first two picks on a guard unless Nelson was to fall to us round 1 or we had Hernandez or price fall to us in round 2

20 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Ty Nsekhe

Arie Kuandjio

Tyler Catalina

TJ Clemmings

My question is, Do we try to make one of these backups our starter at Left guard for 2018, Im interested in letting 3 guys learn and push for a competition, those are Orlando Franklin, Ty Nsekhe, and TJ Clemmings. Hear me out. I think Nsekhe can be a starting guard in this league if he is getting the reps in practice, Orlando Franklin has the most guard experience of the 3 and was a former 2nd round pick and has started in this league. TJ Clemmings played solid at Tackle when we called on him last year, hes the yongest of the three and i believe has a higher ceiling to learn the game more. He is one who if he can learn and play well at LG he could be around a while. Should we try these guys or do you think we absolutely need to sign a FA

If it was up to me I would do an in house competition and draft a 4th or 5th round guy to come in and compete. I know we all want a LG really badly but I cant justify spending one of our first two picks on a guard unless Nelson was to fall to us round 1 or we had Hernandez or price fall to us in round 2

The only person that has a remote chance might be Kouandjio, but I could see Callahan trying to actually pull Clemmings into being a G. 

5 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

honestly we need nseke in that reserve role. when he steps in we dont see to much of a talent drop of so he is very valuable in that role. i think we need to draft another guard maybe in the 3rd.

We don’t have a 3rd anymore.

Balducci sounds like he was in the Sopranos so I’ll go with him! lol ? jk

I think it’s between Nsekhe and Kouandjio tbh w/o signing or drafting someone else worth starting.

Kalis and Catalina may make the team as reserves depending on who we draft/sign.

I’ve been pounding the table for Nsekhe to be put at LG since 2015 when Kory L & Lauvao were lost for the year but they went with Leribus at C and Long at LG.

I think Nsekhe can be a mauler and if Nsekhe he gets time to develop there he’ll be a good run blocker as a G. He’s already a good pass blocker at left tackle, put him in the phone booth at LG and I would think he’d be better but he’d have to work on leverage  to protect against DTs and their bull rushes.

2 hours ago, mike23md said:

The only person that has a remote chance might be Kouandjio, but I could see Callahan trying to actually pull Clemmings into being a G. 

I know he wasn’t very good at it, but didn’t Clemmings play G some in Minnesota two years ago when their OL had a boatload of injuries.

45 minutes ago, Marcus21 said:

This is the trash heap fellas.....I am concerned that we are going to reach for a guard in round one or possibly trade back if we can find a partner..  my dream of Vita Vea is slipping away!

Yeah, I’m scared of it too. I hope if we are going to take Wynn or Hernandez that we trade down because taking them at 13 is too high.

We need to strongly consider a left guard in round 2 or 3. Ty should have been starting there the last two years but he’s getting some age on him. I wouldn’t be upset if we went NT 1 and LG 2. If Chubb falls to our pick in 2, I’d take him and the guard at 3 that we pickup with the trade back. That monster from a Georgia is a perfect number 2 to go along with Vea or Payne in number 1. If Vea is gone which is a strong possibility, trade back to 17-18 and take Payne and pick up a 3 for a RB. 

Of course if they sign the big fella NT free agent just cut the deadwood like McGee and Hood and use your 1 in a trade back for the guard or RB. 

Rule 1 for this offseason- get a bonafide NT

Rule 2 fix the LG spot

PRine might be the answer at RB with a better line and a new committment in training camp to running the hall successfully 

what do I think they will do?

probably draft a S/CB 1 and a WR 2. Which would be awful 

On 3/24/2018 at 3:01 PM, LoganF89 said:

Ty Nsekhe

Arie Kuandjio

Tyler Catalina

TJ Clemmings

Realistically, only Orlando Franklin makes any sense at LG of the guys you listed.

That said, none of the guys listed in your entire post is signed beyond this season. What is the plan beyond this season?

Archived