Prospects Breakdown

Armsteeld2

LVE posted good combine numbers, but looked lost in coverage on tape.  

Again the box score scouts want to look at his stats and combine numbers . They want to say what he is and isn’t based on his numbers.  Maybe he has potential, but he is not worth a first rd pick. 

Evans has the foundation to be a great ILB.  He may not excel in coverage, but how many of the top ILB do?  

Shazier was fast, but even he wasn’t great in coverage.  People want to say he is good in coverage just bc he was fast.  

6 hours ago, Armsteeld2 said:

Interesting report on Da’Ron Payne.... https://mobile.twitter.com/sbnationnfl/status/979003311260041216

I’d love to have him. The middle of the defense was by far our weakest spot, even with Shazier. With Payne, Bostic, and Burnett that would be greatly improved.

I’d love to see some kind of 4 down front with Heyward - Payne - Hargrave - Tuitt. That’s a lot of beef up front and all 4 can rush too. Play Watt behind that and rotate Dupree, Bostic, and Bince in too. Our secondary has a lot of potential as well. That giant line defense could be the new wrinkle that takes the NFL by storm. 

Sorry for the rant, I have random tangents that I don’t think would make good topics on their own so I hijack other threads lol

49 minutes ago, Armsteeld2 said:

Another Rashaan Evans.  Honestly, this is the best one yet and it shows his flaws as well as his strengths.  There are some coverage plays as well.  I give this breakdown an A+.

I was surprised to see comments suggesting he had coverage issues. As mentioned , I've seen him flip his hips and stay with a Slot WR. His ability to get to the Flat is uncanny. I don't care what the Combine numbers say, LVE is not in his neighborhood of athleticism. 

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

I was surprised to see comments suggesting he had coverage issues. As mentioned , I've seen him flip his hips and stay with a Slot WR. His ability to get to the Flat is uncanny. I don't care what the Combine numbers say, LVE is not in his neighborhood of athleticism. 

Yup.  Like I said, the Alabama defense didn't ask him to do it much because of scheme.  And when he did he was good at it.  FWIW Evans looked smoother than LVE in drills even though LVE tests better.

9 hours ago, Armsteeld2 said:

Another Rashaan Evans.  Honestly, this is the best one yet and it shows his flaws as well as his strengths.  There are some coverage plays as well.  I give this breakdown an A+.

good video. He is not a perfect prospect by any means, but I love the  way he closes on the ball. fingers and toes crossed at this point

2 minutes ago, cjfollett said:

I know Alabama has a lot of big kids, but Evans looks like a Safety to me.

Agree but his Combine measurements were 6'3" 232. So tall and lean. He may need to add 5lbs or so but I personally like the idea of a quicker ILB. If you gotta sacrifice some weight for that, so be it. Especially given his ability to avoid blockers. 

13 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Agree but his Combine measurements were 6'3" 232. So tall and lean. He may need to add 5lbs or so but I personally like the idea of a quicker ILB. If you gotta sacrifice some weight for that, so be it. Especially given his ability to avoid blockers. 

Wow, 6'3"?! Just the way he looked on that video -- a bit like Polamalu without the hair :)

If he is going to be on the field for three downs, then he's a good pick at 1.28.

2 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Farrior played at 225.  By most accounts Shazier plays at 220 after coming into camp at 235.  We go through something like this every year.  Why does he need to add weight?

49 minutes ago, Blitzburgh said:

So apparently Evan did not run the 40 at his second pro day. This along with his poor vert and broad jump is supposedly pushing him down many teams boards.

Good to hear.  Is he completely healthy or just slow?  No way is he slow and seems like a 4.5-4.6 as far as speed.  If teams can’t see how he covers the field then that’s their loss.  

I saw Ronnie Harrison ran in the 4.56 range today.  Nice speed for a big Safety that’s considered a thumper.

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

Farrior played at 225.  By most accounts Shazier plays at 220 after coming into camp at 235.  We go through something like this every year.  Why does he need to add weight?

Ray Lewis was 6'1 and 235 at the 96 combine and I remember the comments then of he needs to add some weight. I am glad Evans has not run and hope it pushes him right to our pick.

Archived