Prospects Breakdown

Armsteeld2

15 minutes ago, Armsteeld2 said:

If Munchak can help develop a former WR/DE to an pro bowler then can you imagine what he could do with Brown?  Now there are limitations but I like his upside.  I wonder how he’d look as an OG?

We ask our guards to pull too much for Brown's ability.

11 hours ago, warfelg said:

What I’m taking away:

its there. Needs consistency. 2/3 round guy with 1-2 years of swing tackle. 

Which is what I have been saying since his combine.  He is Max Starks without the explosiveness.

I thought I'd throw this in here. Josey Jewell apparently had a decent pro day workout. 4.68 40 and kept his other numbers solid. The only thing he did poorly at the combine was his mid 4.8 40. I know you have to take pro days with a grain of salt but he showed decent agility numbers at both. I like him in the 3rd, if he's there.

6 minutes ago, jebrick said:

If the Steelers  do it will be an OG and late.  Someone like Taylor Hearn, Clemson, who has played multiple positions.

Another guy is Rod Taylor from Ole Mississippi. He’s stuck in a Guard’s body but is a Tackle.  

On 4/4/2018 at 5:40 PM, warfelg said:

We ask our guards to pull too much for Brown's ability.

Yeah he is perhaps the worst player I can recall seeing pulling in FCS/Div 1 football that I can think  of. He actually causes the play to breakdown in the backfield quite regularly by log jamming everything the few times he is asked to do it. 

9 minutes ago, Armsteeld2 said:

https://www.whatsondraftst.com/mark-s-2018-big-board courtesy of @WhatsOnDraft Mark Jarvis.

Check this out. Dude does some  amazing work, while I don’t agree with everything, it is some good reading/breakdowns.

An interesting read. I'd like to see some of the rationale as to why he gave specific grades to the player (I know that would be a lot of work). Some of those UDFAs are projected 2nd and 3rd Rd picks and others are way lower then projected. It would be nice to see what it is about that player's game that caused him to rank them much lower then the consensus projections. Not nitpicking. As noted, it is an interesting read and at the very least makes you wanna look and see what you may have missed when you graded a guy a 1st/2nd Rdr but he's got him in the 3rd or 4th. 

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

An interesting read. I'd like to see some of the rationale as to why he gave specific grades to the player (I know that would be a lot of work). Some of those UDFAs are projected 2nd and 3rd Rd picks and others are way lower then projected. It would be nice to see what it is about that player's game that caused him to rank them much lower then the consensus projections. Not nitpicking. As noted, it is an interesting read and at the very least makes you wanna look and see what you may have missed when you graded a guy a 1st/2nd Rdr but he's got him in the 3rd or 4th. 

Agreed.  I know some of it can be purchased but I haven’t done so.  He told me that Ronnie Harrison was his 12th ranked SS and he only did 13.

10 minutes ago, Armsteeld2 said:

Agreed.  I know some of it can be purchased but I haven’t done so.  He told me that Ronnie Harrison was his 12th ranked SS and he only did 13.

Wow! I didn't even notice he had him in the bottom of the 7th Rd. But that is exactly what I was getting at. What about Kyzir White's game makes him believe he will be a "Perennial Pro Bowler" and what about Harrison's play makes him believe he will be a "Potential Backup"? Talk about your Hot Takes. 

Archived