2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Dude you were saying he had better than 60 speed...

Tbh I think he does, but I'm trying to be modest.

If we lined every player in baseball up and they had to run in a straight line for 40 yards, Judge's leg length alone would give him a huge edge.  He could probably be a pro bowl NFL WR given his size and speed combo.  

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Well no, that's at least 50 speed, since the scale is a bell curve with a mean of 50.

If he's above the median, and we're assuming median roughly equates to average, then he's above average.

To me a five tool player is above average in all five tools.  Not necessarily a 60.  Although I'd give him a 60.

Just now, redsoxsuck05 said:

Mission knows how the bell curve works, at least he did 3 weeks ago talking about Ohtani's power.

Yes. I know how the bell curve works. 

Both Ohtani and Judge have a lot of above average tools.  The difference is Judge has two legitimately 80 tools, Ohtani only has one.

2 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Tbh I think he does, but I'm trying to be modest.

If we lined every player in baseball up and they had to run in a straight line for 40 yards, Judge's leg length alone would give him a huge edge.  He could probably be a pro bowl NFL WR given his size and speed combo.  

Lmao maybe that height difference would be an advantage against midgets, not 6 ft tall baseball players.

Just now, redsoxsuck05 said:

Lmao maybe that height difference would be an advantage against midgets, not 6 ft tall baseball players.

I disagree. 

His legs are like 20% longer than a 6 ft player.  Over 40 yards it matters. 

Part of the reason Randy Moss was so fast along with his natural hamstrings.

2 minutes ago, mission27 said:

I disagree. 

this actually does matter quite a bit. Theres only two ways to get faster, stride length or stride frequency, when you naturally have a longer stride length thats going to be tremendously helpful. Especially in short distances.

5 minutes ago, mission27 said:

I disagree. 

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/sprint_speed_leaderboard?year=2017&position=&team=NYY&min=10

slightly above average sprint speed per Statcast in 2017. 55 at best

Archived