Rosen, Cleveland and Intellectuals

HH650

44 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This.

I’ve yet to see an example of how this team was better because of Hue.

Yeah and this scares me about Hue. Development of your draft picks is half the battle of being successful in the draft. 

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This isn’t your first post on the subject.

When’s he jumping in the lake?  Can we talk about that bit of bullsht or no?

Based on what? I’m not sure that was universal last season.  Crowell and McCourtey seemed less than enthusiastic at times. If you’re basing it off the fact they played hard, don’t.  Young kids play hard, they don’t know any better.  It’s the vets that mail it in as the season wears on and you’re winless.  The fact we had a young roster that competed doesn’t mean Hue was working miracles.

Dorsey has no reason to defend last year’s roster.  He took over for a team with 6ish proven Pro Bowl talents in KC and acts as if he built a competitive roster their, when in reality he found a QB, hired a good coach and did an Ok job drafting. Most of the core pieces were already there.  He took a great gig there (talent and the number one pick) and did so here as well. If he honestly though the roster was talentless, he’d have at least interviewed for the Giants job when they were interested.

Last year’s roster wasn’t great, no one is saying it was, but in the opinions of many here, it wasn’t 0-16 bad.  I agree with that.  Jason McCourtey did too if we need to add the name of someone associated with the team to try to add validity to our point. While many fans can be easily fooled in to believing their team is a little better than they are, not even the most pessimistic fans expected 0-16 last season.  Almost universally people thought the roster was upgraded across the board from the previous season.

I said the same thing.  Last April.

Sashi wasn’t trying to win, his goal was to make sure we were in a position to get a long term solution at QB and continue to build through the draft with a long term vision. That couldn’t be more obvious.  His biggest mistake was letting Hue have a say in the decision.  From all reports Hue didn’t like any of the rookie options enough to draft them, but then wanted to panic and trade a 2nd and 3rd for a QB who a couple months later signed a 2/10 deal on the open market. 

My biggest issues with Hue aren’t that he didn’t win with that roster because, as I said during the season, that roster wasn’t built to be a winner, by design. My issues with Hue are that he habitually panics, throws others under the bus and seemed unwilling to adjust his schemes or play calling to the talent provided.  He mailed in a year of coaching in protest of the roster he acted as if he had no part in building. Also, thus far, he’s flat out reneged on a promise to the fans, once again showing a lack of ownership with last year’s issues.  Let’s not forget the “I didn’t want to hire an OC because I didn’t want them to be blamed” nonsense.  He didn’t hire one because he wanted to call plays, plain and simple.  I get it, I would too if I were him, but don’t BS everyone when you fail, own it.

1. You're clinging onto the lake thing, I doubt your opinion of him is going to change whether or not he jumps into a lake.  If it does then I dunno what to tell you.  I don't care whether he does that or not, but he should for the lulz, but it doesn't really make a difference.

2. Playing hard is a symptom of not knowing any better?  Really?  The smart thing would have been to give up...that's just...wonderful.  Joe Thomas likes him, Pryor liked him, most players seemed enthusiastic to play for him, Haslem talked to the locker room and got that feel.  You did not talk to the locker room and only have select comments.  Your exception is Crowell (this really the guy you think knows how to be a pro...think about that for a second), McCourty...of course nobody thinks their team is 0-16 bad.  Funny how the fact that we were in a lot of a games but lost is irrefutable proof that the coaching sucks for you guys, not that the team was incredibly inexperienced.  It can be used either way.

3. Sashi's biggest mistake was trying not to win.  Really not to have the foresight that it would eventually cost his job is inexcusable.  Any other judgment of his "biggest mistake" is probably the most factually invalid judgment one could make about the mess last year.  You suck bad for 2 years in a row, with no resume proving you are actually capable, and you're probably going to get Ned Stark'd.  It doesn't matter what Haslem told him when when he was hired, when feet are held to the flames and your margins are drastically dropping changes are going to happen.

4. His complaints about the roster were legitimate, by your own admission, Sashi wasn't even trying to win.  Who do you think gets fired in a scenario where one person sets up another to inevitably fail?  How does this continue to be counted as a positive for Sashi and a negative against Hue that he was dealt garbage?  I don't think the roster was better than last year, it was just younger than last year.

you don't try to win>team loses>fans stop attending>you're the first person to go

It's pretty cut and dry.

5. He has an OC, he has a QB, he has a reliable weapon, his job has become easier in all the ways that it needed to be.  I am agnostic whether he'll be good or not, but I do know that now we can hold him more accountable for what happens.  I know that it'll be much better for the organization if we don't have to fire him.  So I'm praying he is excellent player's coach we thought we were hiring when we brought him in.  I mean it was still the first time in ages we hired a guy that other teams actually wanted.

6. In addressing this isn't the first time I've defended him, which should have been 1st point following your post in order: He comes under attack for stuff we have no idea is his fault.  We don't know exactly how roster decisions were made at QB.  We don't know if players are executing the plays as designed.  We don't know if Kizer was improperly coached or difficult to coach.  But we have at least as much evidence to believe that those things weren't Hue's fault as much as we have that they are.  Hue is still here, Sashi and Kizer are gone, so I'm going to hope (against some justifiable bias I have against Haslem) that our organization is doing the right thing by keeping him and making massive changes elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Mind Character said:

And they did it all after they won SBs right?? Wrong...

I could stop the list short but I could easily have brought up other names of non-SB winning coaches that are well respected for whom did the same.

Funny thing is if I did it would probably job your memory back to "Ah...yeah... I do remember that and that being a famous clip they played on Sportscenter back in the day)...

But beyond those coaches, here's a look back at this past year and coaching controversies based on their respective teams' media/fans coverage....this includes things we know Hue has done and of course includes the dreaded "calling players and FO out" ("we're not equipped right now for that, the RBs need to inspire me to call a play...)

My god do you ever post anything under 3-5 sentences?

14 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

What snarky defense?  People are entrenched against him at this point and deservedly so, but I want to see how many wins it takes to flip that script.  It's silly season there hasn't been any new valid criticism launched against him in 3 months.  Just rehashing the same points over and over.

Well we're not currently playing any games right at this moment, soooo it's hard to come up with new ways he's sucked in the past 5 months when we haven't played a game.  I will say he's trying to suck by reportedly really liking Baker Mayfield as our franchise QB.  And every week that goes by without him jumping...and drowning in Lake Erie is another reason to dislike him.  So yes we will continue to rehash the same reasons why he sucks until he can screw things up next fall.  

2 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

1. You're clinging onto the lake thing, I doubt your opinion of him is going to change whether or not he jumps into a lake.  If it does then I dunno what to tell you.  I don't care whether he does that or not, but he should for the lulz, but it doesn't really make a difference.

My opinion of him as a coach? No.  As a man who does what he says? If jumps in while it’s still ball shrinkingly cold, then yes.

2. Playing hard is a symptom of not knowing any better?  Really?  The smart thing would have been to give up...that's just...wonderful.  Joe Thomas likes him, Pryor liked him, most players seemed enthusiastic to play for him, Haslem talked to the locker room and got that feel. 

I never said everyone hated him.  And Haslam doing anything doesn’t increase my confidence in anything.

You did not talk to the locker room and only have select comments.  Your exception is Crowell (this really the guy you think knows how to be a pro...think about that for a second), McCourty...of course nobody thinks their team is 0-16 bad.  Funny how the fact that we were in a lot of a games but lost is irrefutable proof that the coaching sucks for you guys, not that the team was incredibly inexperienced.  It can be used either way.

My only point is that he wasn’t some universally loved figure, he wasn’t.

3. Sashi's biggest mistake was trying not to win.  Really not to have the foresight that it would eventually cost his job is inexcusable.  Any other judgment of his "biggest mistake" is probably the most factually invalid judgment one could make about the mess last year.  You suck bad for 2 years in a row, with no resume proving you are actually capable, and you're probably going to get Ned Stark'd.  It doesn't matter what Haslem told him when when he was hired, when feet are held to the flames and your margins are drastically dropping changes are going to happen.

It does matter what Haslam told him when he was hired if he’s playing the long game and Haslam wants more immediate results.  How you can dismiss that is beyond me. If your boss wanted a specific job completed and asked you how you’d go about it and how long it may take, agrees to that and then fires you halfway through the process for not having it done, something tells me you won’t say it was your mistake.

4. His complaints about the roster were legitimate, by your own admission, Sashi wasn't even trying to win.  Who do you think gets fired in a scenario where one person sets up another to inevitably fail?  How does this continue to be counted as a positive for Sashi and a negative against Hue that he was dealt garbage?  I don't think the roster was better than last year, it was just younger than last year.

The roster was bad, but not that bad.  No one expected 8-8 or anything crazy.  4 wins and most fans say nothing.  My issues aren’t related to the record as much as his actions, or lack thereof.

you don't try to win>team loses>fans stop attending>you're the first person to go

It's pretty cut and dry.

This team hasn’t been winning and was mucking up drafts well before Sashi.  To act as if he was suppose to fix 18 years of ineptitude in 18 months is absurd.

5. He has an OC, he has a QB, he has a reliable weapon, his job has become easier in all the ways that it needed to be.  I am agnostic whether he'll be good or not, but I do know that now we can hold him more accountable for what happens. 

I would hope so, I’m not sure what you feel he is accountable for at this point.

I know that it'll be much better for the organization if we don't have to fire him.

Why?  “Continuity”?  Please, we just overhauled the whole front office and offensive staff a year after the whole defensive staff which was a year after a total nuclear overhaul.

So I'm praying he is excellent player's coach we thought we were hiring when we brought him in.  I mean it was still the first time in ages we hired a guy that other teams actually wanted.

No argument from me, I want him to succeed too.

6. In addressing this isn't the first time I've defended him, which should have been 1st point following your post in order: He comes under attack for stuff we have no idea is his fault. 

Such as?

We don't know exactly how roster decisions were made at QB. 

There have been multiple tweets, reports, etc., many from his buddy Mike Silver that give us plenty of info on the subject.

We don't know if players are executing the plays as designed.

Is that not partially coaching?

We don't know if Kizer was improperly coached or difficult to coach. 

If he is, that’s the first anyone, college or pro, has mentioned it.

But we have at least as much evidence to believe that those things weren't Hue's fault as much as we have that they are. 

Eh, not imo, but certainly enough to say it doesn’t ALL land on his shoulders.

Hue is still here, Sashi and Kizer are gone, so I'm going to hope (against some justifiable bias I have against Haslem) that our organization is doing the right thing by keeping him and making massive changes elsewhere.

Everywhere else.  Like literally everyone but Hue and a couple of his offensive coaches have been canned.  That means our idiot owner views them as having little to no fault for the last few seasons, which incomprehensible for a guy who is the HC and OC.

6 hours ago, Fofsadness said:

it's hard to come up with new ways he's sucked in the past 5 months

No it's not.

His street person ugly beard look is suck.

Some of the typically stupid and delphic things he has said in interviews/PCs are suck.

Hueball reeks of suck.

Archived