Patriots host private workout with Oklahoma State QB Mason Rudolph

DoleINGout

On 4/7/2018 at 8:32 PM, dhunt2402 said:

No thanks on Rudolph, and for gods sake not in a trade up.

I just made this post in a different thread but it's probably better suited here:

Not sure if this has been said, but I really think all this "Patriots are getting ammo to trade up to draft a QB" is a smokescreen. Teams in our division are really positioning themselves to take a QB in the 1st (Jets, Bills) and this adds a little bit of pressure. Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen...those guys are all going top ten. I really don't think the Patriots package 23 and 31 + to be in play for one of those names. Maybe if someone starts to fall that they really like, but I doubt it. I think they have a someone they'll target in the 2nd.

Personally (and what I believe they'll do) is use at least 3/4 of their 1sts and 2nds. They pretty much punted on last years draft class. I believe they only had 4 selections. 2 of which got hurt (Rivers, Garcia), 1 was cut and 1 contributed. Factor in a weak draft class (thus far) and picks being stripped from deflategate; this team really needs an infusion of young talent. Adding 4 players in the 1st two rounds could do wonders, IMO.

I hope its a complete smoke screen by BB on  Mason Rudolph. I hope all the AFC east teams have to  trade up and waste their picks. Another QB taken while others slip down the board.

I would never trade up for MR or draft him in the 1st round. He runs the OKS crap offense. The same offense Brandon Weeden  ran and turned him into a 1st rd pick bust.

11 hours ago, m haynes said:

I hope its a complete smoke screen by BB on  Mason Rudolph. I hope all the AFC east teams have to  trade up and waste their picks. Another QB taken while others slip down the board.

I would never trade up for MR or draft him in the 1st round. He runs the OKS crap offense. The same offense Brandon Weeden  ran and turned him into a 1st rd pick bust.

Brandon Weeden was also turning 29 going into his sophomore NFL season.

The Patriots want Josh Rosen but there are other teams that will trade up higher to get him. The more realistic pick is Mason Rudolph who will need to be traded up for more than likely. The fartherest I see Rudolph falling is 22 to the Bills. I think Rashaan Evans is the other player the Pats really want at 23.

57 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Brandon Weeden was also turning 29 going into his sophomore NFL season.

The Patriots want Josh Rosen but there are other teams that will trade up higher to get him. The more realistic pick is Mason Rudolph who will need to be traded up for more than likely. The fartherest I see Rudolph falling is 22 to the Bills. I think Rashaan Evans is the other player the Pats really want at 23.

I still think you are overrating Mason, especially on where he will end up getting picked. However, I too dont find the Wheedon comparison viable. The system isnt exactly the same and QB's have had success coming from similar offenses IE Jimmy G

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

I still think you are overrating Mason, especially on where he will end up getting picked. However, I too dont find the Wheedon comparison viable. The system isnt exactly the same and QB's have had success coming from similar offenses IE Jimmy G

Weeden was the twenty-second overall pick. ?

15 hours ago, m haynes said:

Not even sure it warrants being called a smokescreen at this point - it’s just a visit. It makes total sense that Bill & Co. are just doing their due diligence with a player that A) will likely be available for a number of their picks, and B) fits a need. I wouldn’t read into it, tbh. 

5 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Tbh, mark my words as someone with a long track record of getting QB predictions right, Mason Rudolph will be a Hall of Famer.

1 hour ago, mission27 said:

Good memory.  Mallet was a good pick.  Still think the guy will have some success 

He had all the tools I just dont think he understands the game at the pro level. His decision making is too slow and his arm strength covered it up during his collegiate run. 

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

He had all the tools I just dont think he understands the game at the pro level. His decision making is too slow and his arm strength covered it up during his collegiate run. 

He probably didn’t get enough sleep

Archived