Time Machine: Which draft picks did you have the strongest reaction to in the past?

DoleINGout

Negative: Brandon Meriweather, Jerod Mayo, Pat Chung, Nate Solder, Tavon Wilson, Jamie Collins, Aaron Dobson, Dominique Easley, and Jimmy G.

Positive: Matt Slater, Myron Pryor, 2010 (Gronk/McCourty/Hernandez/Spikes/Cunningham/Mesko/Zak Robinson), 2011 (Ras-I Dowling/Vereen/Ridley/Mallett), 2012 (Chandler Jones/Hightower/Dennard), Josh Boyce, Michael Buchanon, Sean Beauharnais, James White, and Malcolm Brown.

Surprised you didnt like the Collins pick, people were pretty ecstatic around these parts. I'd say the big ones where I should of had the opposite reaction in hindsight of recent years are:

Aaron Dobson - I love the pick here, thought he had all the tools and his catch percentage was eye opening. He simply didnt have the NFL temperament and couldnt put it together. 

Josh Boyce - I was arguably more excited for this pick than Dobson. I loved what he put on tape and thought he would prove people wrong but instead it was just me

Ryan Mallett - I remember texting my friend "The heir apparent was just drafted" I had had some drinks, but still.

I remember the Patriots sub forum being in celebration of the Collins selection. The Rochter scale mostly influenced that thought was my impression, but it turns out the Collins pick was solid for a while. I just didn't think he would hold up against the run and his pass rushing was overrated. I knew very little about Collins but I didn't really get a good feeling about it either way.

Jump for joy.

Andre Tippett, Fred Marion, Jimmy G, Ty warren,
Andy Katzenmoyer ,Curtis Martin,

And yes, Merriweather  !!!

Pissed out of my mine.

Rick Stanford ---  We had no DL and Freddie Smerlas was still on the board. From my home town. This one killed me. They said he ran a bad forty the next day in the paper. NT A f-ing 40!!!!!!!!

Dom Easley. -- I hate FLA Cators DL and WR.

Lawrence Maroney, --  Joesph Addie and Branden Williams still on the board.

Tebucky Jones ---  Who the F is TB !!!!

Absolutely hated the Nate Solder pick. I was frustrated by the fact that Robert Quinn was still on the board at 14 and we didn't trade up to draft him. I was also really annoyed that we picked Solder when we already had Matt Light and Seabass on the roster and we passed up on Cameron Jordan who went 24th to NO (at least I was right about that pick).

I was also really annoyed that we traded back and didn't select Robert Woods (we needed a WR as Dobson was selected later that round).

I was really pissed that we took Ras-I Dowling at 33 as well. That was a pick everyone was sure would be traded due to it being the first overnight break between the 1st and 2nd Rounds and the fact that QB's like Dalton were still available. 

Hated the Dominique Easley selection (but was ecstatic that Sly Williams was already taken)

I, like many on here, loved the Jamie Collins selection (good work Richter).

LOVED the selection of Ryan Mallett and Jimmy G. 

On 4/10/2018 at 10:01 AM, DoleINGout said:

Negative: Brandon Meriweather, Jerod Mayo, Pat Chung, Nate Solder, Tavon Wilson, Jamie Collins, Aaron Dobson, Dominique Easley, and Jimmy G.

Positive: Matt Slater, Myron Pryor, 2010 (Gronk/McCourty/Hernandez/Spikes/Cunningham/Mesko/Zak Robinson), 2011 (Ras-I Dowling/Vereen/Ridley/Mallett), 2012 (Chandler Jones/Hightower/Dennard), Josh Boyce, Michael Buchanon, Sean Beauharnais, James White, and Malcolm Brown.

Lol I hope you hate all our picks this year.  That’s a hell of a list.

Positive: Chad Jackson, Patrick Chung, Darius Butler, Myron Pryor, Aaron Hernandez, Zoltan Mesko, Brandon Spikes, Ras I Dowling, Marcus Cannon, Chandler Jones, Alfonzo Dennard, Jamie Collins, Duron Harmon, Michael Buchanan, Jemea Thomas(I really hated 2014 draft), Malcolm Mitchell, Derek Rivers, and Deatrich Wise

Negative: Jake Bequette, Tavon Wilson, Logan Ryan, Dominique Easley, Bryan Stork, Jon Halapio, Tre' Jackson, Jordan Richards

Though at some point early on I really soured on Edelman and White and ended up eating crow on them.

There's a few guys we signed as UDFA I've really liked(Jon Jones one of the more recent ones).  Most guys typically fall in the meh I'm indifferent about it or werent that into them predraft and some i got hyped on after watching more after we drafted them and started hyping them up.  There usually tends to be some players I really like get drafted by NE or signed as UDFAs each year.

The one that really stands out for me is Nate Solder. Not so much because I hated him as a prospect or questioned his fit once Light was gone, but it was because I thought for sure NE would end up with Ingram and/or Jordan. Well, we traded rhe pick to NO, and they got both. Wasn’t a happy camper, but it worked out. 

The opposite end was Aaron Dobson, I thought he was going to be a great big bodied receiver for us. Whoops.

1 hour ago, mission27 said:

I appreciate the honest tbh

I really, really liked Rob Gronkowski, Dont'a Hightower, Malcom Brown, James White, Chandler Jones, and Matt Slater in addition to liking Aaron Hernandez, Devin McCourty Brandon Spikes, and Stevan Ridley too though don't forget. ?

3 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I really, really liked Rob Gronkowski, Dont'a Hightower, Malcom Brown, James White, Chandler Jones, and Matt Slater in addition to liking Aaron Hernandez, Devin McCourty Brandon Spikes, and Stevan Ridley too though don't forget. ?

Aaron Hernandez was still a good pick tbh

Archived