Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

I'm not dealing him to Miami without Herro coming back in the trade. I don't want Lowry+Dipo and some garbage picks. I'd also want them to include Jovic. This whole idea of getting cap space is great however it means nothing when nobody will sign here. So it should be Beal-Morris for Jovic-Herro-Lowry-Dipo and draft picks. Otherwise I'd just keep Beal and say forget it. Yes the Wizards, mainly Ted, created this stupid situation but at the end of the deal I'd rather let Bradley Beal rot away here than give him away for nothing but expiring contracts.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I'm not dealing him to Miami without Herro coming back in the trade. I don't want Lowry+Dipo and some garbage picks. I'd also want them to include Jovic. This whole idea of getting cap space is great however it means nothing when nobody will sign here. So it should be Beal-Morris for Jovic-Herro-Lowry-Dipo and draft picks. Otherwise I'd just keep Beal and say forget it. Yes the Wizards, mainly Ted, created this stupid situation but at the end of the deal I'd rather let Bradley Beal rot away here than give him away for nothing but expiring contracts.

I agree on Miami & only w/ Herro but if they don’t do that deal they can still move him out west to Dallas, Phx or Sacramento.

• Like 1

The Beal trade is going to leave much to be desired. The picks will be first round picks but low because these are contending teams. The players will be someone you HOPE you can flip again via trade.

What's not beyond discussed enough is (hopefully) KP and KK opting into one year deals and then being traded too. 

From there, you (hopefully) make a good pick at 7, you tank, and you build for the future. 

This is going to be a multi-year process. Lots of one year contracts that end up getting traded at the trade deadline. Lots of losing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

The Beal trade is going to leave much to be desired. The picks will be first round picks but low because these are contending teams. The players will be someone you HOPE you can flip again via trade.

What's not beyond discussed enough is (hopefully) KP and KK opting into one year deals and then being traded too. 

From there, you (hopefully) make a good pick at 7, you tank, and you build for the future. 

This is going to be a multi-year process. Lots of one year contracts that end up getting traded at the trade deadline. Lots of losing.

I hear they’re trying to get 1st round picks from teams in like 3-5 years from now in hopes that by then their starts/super star is retired & then we end up with a top 10 pick or 2.

Yep, I hope they can do this Beal trade to Mia, Dal, Mil or Phx & then trade KP, #8 & whoever else Portland wants & in return we get the #3 pick.

Kuz is opting out but he could do a sign and trade but I see no reason why he’d do that, it’s better for him to be a complete UFA than to sign with us & then have us trade him.

Edited by turtle28

8 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

It’s an awful trade, obviously, but Ted created this problem by choosing not to trade Beal when it was blatantly time to do so, which forced them to give him that terrible contract — which irretrievably tanked his trade value. 

Let the tanks roll in. Two years late.

• Like 1

This is a god awful trade. I would of taken the Miami deal over this 10 times and again on Sunday and that wasn’t even a good deal.

hopeful we can flip Paul but for what? Here’s to hoping we can flip him and porzingus somehow to the blazers for #3

4 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

This is a god awful trade. I would of taken the Miami deal over this 10 times and again on Sunday and that wasn’t even a good deal.

hopeful we can flip Paul but for what? Here’s to hoping we can flip him and porzingus somehow to the blazers for #3

Paul is 38 years old. Good luck I guess. 

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

It’s not, we’re tanking. We will have a top 5 pick next year & maybe in 2024 & 2025 also & then hopefully we can become a contender with those young guys we draft the next 3 years.

52 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They should just fold this franchise. 

They’re tanking. I thought you wanted to blow it up and tank?

We will end up with a top 5 pick next year to hopefully draft a franchise changing player. Then, hopefully in 2024 & 25 we also get top 5 picks & if they develop well we could be a contender in 5 years.