Week one offense

Kiwibrown

Coleman        Landry        OL OL OL OL OL Njoku                 Gordon
                                                           Tyrod

Duke

If our offense looks like that week one, shouldn't we be more excited than we are currently? 

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Coleman        Landry        OL OL OL OL OL Njoku                 Gordon
                                                           Tyrod

Duke

If our offense looks like that week one, shouldn't we be more excited than we are currently? 

Tyrod should have a field day.

I want to see what Coleman can become with a healthy third season and having Gordon and Landry on the field with him. He's been a disappointment so far, but I really have no idea how much the broken hand has had an impact on his inconsistent ability to catch the football.

3 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I want to see what Coleman can become with a healthy third season and having Gordon and Landry on the field with him. He's been a disappointment so far, but I really have no idea how much the broken hand has had an impact on his inconsistent ability to catch the football.

He has flashed so let's see.

16 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I think he could do well with an accurate qb. I don’t think he is a jump ball guy. 

He made lots of diving catches which if were better throws may generated some yac. 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think he could do well with an accurate qb. I don’t think he is a jump ball guy. 

He made lots of diving catches which if were better throws may generated some yac. 

he made crazy plays in college attacking the ball and leaping. I really think he hasn't gotten to show much of that because of inconsistent QB play and injuries. 

12 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

And he generated yac on accurate throws.

Just a small sample.

There is tons of reason for optimism on not just offense, but defense as well.   Our secondary has been completely overhauled, while there are questions, I do not see how it could possibly have been downgraded.  Hopefully a healthy Garrett and Ogbah.  Our ST hopefully will be better with the WR we snagged from the Pats.  All of this before we select 5 players (maybe more) in a very loaded draft in the first 2 rounds.  8 and 8 should be within reach, even before the draft.  We also have Hyde in the backfield for the offense who I think will be better than Crowell.  Gordon hopefully back to himself and clean.  Taylor is exponentially better than any QB we have had in a long long time.

5 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

There is tons of reason for optimism on not just offense, but defense as well.   Our secondary has been completely overhauled, while there are questions, I do not see how it could possibly have been downgraded.  Hopefully a healthy Garrett and Ogbah.  Our ST hopefully will be better with the WR we snagged from the Pats.  All of this before we select 5 players (maybe more) in a very loaded draft in the first 2 rounds.  8 and 8 should be within reach, even before the draft.  We also have Hyde in the backfield for the offense who I think will be better than Crowell.  Gordon hopefully back to himself and clean.  Taylor is exponentially better than any QB we have had in a long long time.

We will win some games.

Unfortunately, that might mean that Hueball stays.

5 minutes ago, bruceb said:

We will win some games.

Unfortunately, that might mean that Hueball stays.

I don't care who the coach is if we are winning.  Yes, Hue has been terrible here, but he was set up for failure with the roster, and also partially by his own design without having an OC.  He was decent in Oakland as a head coach, he was good as an OC with cinci, and even as a secondary coach in his history.  I fully expect a huge turn around, and all of the petty hate for him here to vanish almost instantly.  There will be  couple of stubborn posters that hold on, but most will just be thrilled to be playing competitive football and winning, and will either have praise for Hue, or nothing at all to say about him.

1 minute ago, DizzyDean said:

I don't care who the coach is if we are winning.  Yes, Hue has been terrible here, but he was set up for failure with the roster, and also partially by his own design without having an OC.  He was decent in Oakland as a head coach, he was good as an OC with cinci, and even as a secondary coach in his history.  I fully expect a huge turn around, and all of the petty hate for him here to vanish almost instantly.  There will be  couple of stubborn posters that hold on, but most will just be thrilled to be playing competitive football and winning, and will either have praise for Hue, or nothing at all to say about him.

"A leopard can't change its spots. A person cannot change who they are (their character), no matter how hard they try. This idiom comes from the Old Testament (Jer. 13:23)."

This is the bible talking, man.

25 minutes ago, bruceb said:

"A leopard can't change its spots. A person cannot change who they are (their character), no matter how hard they try. This idiom comes from the Old Testament (Jer. 13:23)."

This is the bible talking, man.

Ah, but apparently this leopard has changed his spots, thus the dramatic difference in his results here, and his results spanning decades in other places.

Archived