Sign in to follow this  
theJ

This ain't Bengals Talk

We had an eclipse a few years ago and in true British style it was incredibly cloudy. Definitely worth taking a few minutes out of work for seeing as it's so rare and one of those great coincidences that the sun and the moon appear the same size in our sky. 

I'm in an 85%ish eclipse area, and it just got a little darker.  If i didn't have those glasses, it would have been hard to tell it was even happening. 

In 7 years there will be a total eclipse over my area.  Looking forward to that.

Me too.  i took both of my science classes out, and we watched it the last two periods of school.  We are in the 90% range now, but will be at 100% in 2024.  i'm saving the glasses in a dark container so i won't have to drop $$ on another two class sets.

I will just be glad I can take these glasses off tomorrow.  It was really tough driving to and from work today.

14 hours ago, ochocinco4pres said:

watched the eclipse from the golf course today. Completely overrated. 

Most golf courses are overrated

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Most golf courses are overrated

not when work paid for it and it included free food and booze....on a country club course i cannot afford....totally worth it

3 hours ago, ochocinco4pres said:

not when work paid for it and it included free food and booze....on a country club course i cannot afford....totally worth it

Where was my invite?  I work too.

4 hours ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Sounds fun.

That was my way of saying that the eclipse wasn't overrated

41 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Sounds fun.

That was my way of saying that the eclipse wasn't overrated

It wasnt the worst thing in the world, but since we didnt get a 100% eclipse it wasnt that cool to me. 

2 hours ago, HangOnSloopy said:

Trying to line up the Honeymoon thing right now.  You guys have any recommendations?  

No, my honeymoon was lame.  My wife had resumes to schools all over the area, so we didn't want to travel too far for fear of being called in for a sudden interview (it was mid-August, so it moves fast at that time of year).  We stayed within a few hours.  

Still fun though.  Don't tell the wife i said it was lame.

We're planning a 10 year anniversary trip without the kids for next year though.  We're thinking Oregon to see some of the cool nature spots and the not-flat Ohio areas of the country. :D

3 hours ago, HangOnSloopy said:

Trying to line up the Honeymoon thing right now.  You guys have any recommendations?  

We did Atlantis in the Bahamas. Was awesome, but super expensive as I expect most honeymoons are