Western Conference First Round Playoff Thread

11sanchez11

3 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Would you guys be doing this good with boogie? 

Depends on who you ask, I think so. People will point to numbers and say we're better without Boogie, but correlation =/= causation. Took us a while to figure AD/Boogie as a pairing out, and we were on a tear before he got injured so our numbers were going up. As long as we still got Mirotic to be a part of our big rotation, then yeah I think we would be doing as well. 

Maybe less so in this specific series because a large reason why we're doing so well is the defensive energy and Boogie doesn't really have that, maybe he would've brought it for the playoffs though. 

3 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Right before Boogie got hurt we had really hit our stride w/ him.

I think there's a different flow to the team without him- more ball movement, better decisions and switching on defense-  but our ceiling is much higher with him

1 minute ago, Spartica4Real said:

Depends on who you ask, I think so. People will point to numbers and say we're better without Boogie, but correlation =/= causation. Took us a while to figure AD/Boogie as a pairing out, and we were on a tear before he got injured so our numbers were going up. As long as we still got Mirotic to be a part of our big rotation, then yeah I think we would be doing as well. 

Maybe less so in this specific series because a large reason why we're doing so well is the defensive energy and Boogie doesn't really have that, maybe he would've brought it for the playoffs though. 

Also our early schedule with Boogie was pretty brutal. The win streak came during a really cushy stretch, so I don't think the correlation=causation argument applies.

6 minutes ago, El ramster said:

The offense looks like it's more dynamic with Mirotic. But of course you can't sell Boogie short. They just so happened to find a perfect fit to replace him.

37 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

IDC WE'RE BEATING THE WARRIORS I'M TOO PUMPED

Love the excitement broski, but watching this San Antonio game, I don't see anyway that's happening. Especially if Curry is back for that hypothetical series. 

With that said, how is Pop not the coach of the year watching this team? The talent disparity on this Spurs team is frightening. And yet he somehow STILL managed to lead them to 47 wins? That's absolutely ridiculous. They're showing a lot of heart tonight, but it's literally watching the old guys at the gym give it one last hurrah vs a bunch of 5 star prospects all in their 20s.

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Love the excitement broski, but watching this San Antonio game, I don't see anyway that's happening. Especially if Curry is back for that hypothetical series. 

With that said, how is Pop not the coach of the year watching this team? The talent disparity on this Spurs team is frightening. And yet he somehow STILL managed to lead them to 47 wins? That's absolutely ridiculous. They're showing a lot of heart tonight, but it's literally watching the old guys at the gym give it one last hurrah vs a bunch of 5 star prospects all in their 20s.

Yea, if Steph is healthy, the Pelicans are getting crushed.

Archived