Western Conference First Round Playoff Thread

11sanchez11

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Funny how the shot the league is going away from is where Durant makes his money from. I mean obviously he's a great three point shooter, but damn near most of his points this series have come from the mid range. 

He's been automatic today from that range today. It's insane.

Just now, jrry32 said:

He's been automatic today from that range today. It's insane.

Been automatic if there all series. Spurs always sag their big protecting the rim and give up the mid range. This is why they defend LeBron so well and contained Harden last year. But Durant? He loves that shot so he will take it all day. His three ball is the only thing that has been holding him back this series. 

30 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Love the excitement broski, but watching this San Antonio game, I don't see anyway that's happening. Especially if Curry is back for that hypothetical series. 

With that said, how is Pop not the coach of the year watching this team? The talent disparity on this Spurs team is frightening. And yet he somehow STILL managed to lead them to 47 wins? That's absolutely ridiculous. They're showing a lot of heart tonight, but it's literally watching the old guys at the gym give it one last hurrah vs a bunch of 5 star prospects all in their 20s.

I wasn't being serious lol

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

NBA doesn't re-seed. You guys are in the Warriors bracket. 

Thanks, I am only just starting to watch basketball hardcore again for the last few years. Been away since pretty much Hardaway leaving the Magic, and only really dabbled a bit more when the Hornets moved to NOLA.

4 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

Thanks, I am only just starting to watch basketball hardcore again for the last few years. Been away since pretty much Hardaway leaving the Magic, and only really dabbled a bit more when the Hornets moved to NOLA.

Great time to be a fan. NBA is great right now with so many young stars. Best product in sports. 

The Pelicans are hands down playing the best basketball of any team in the playoffs right now. It could be match up related, but they have a defensive intensity going on that is crazy. A fun fact, the warriors in their 4 years of dominance have not played a team coming off a 4-0 sweep, except the 2015 finals match up with the Cavs. Not that it really means much, but i found it interesting.

If Holiday can hound a returning Curry like he has Lillard, he will make life really difficult on a guy trying to get back into game shape. Kevin Durant will be the reason they can't beat the warriors. They simply dont have anyone remotely capable of guarding him. 

James Harden was amazing game 1, but how big of a hit will this be on his reputation if he under performs on this stage again? Or will it even be that big of a hit since his playoff reputation has been so bad? 

Regular season he averages:

23 PPG 5.1 RPG 6.1 APG 1.5 SPG 44/37/85 shooting splits

Playoff averages:

20.8 PPG 5.2 RPG 5.3 APG 1,6 SPG 42/34/87 shooting splits

He's had a large enough sample size where the criticism is valid. Forget the raw stats, dude has had some suspect moments at the worst times. 

A great run that ends with a title will erase a lot of this though. 

Archived