Rashaan Evans vs Other Alabama LB Alums

Nex_Gen

Seems like every year in the draft, Alabama puts out a 1st round caliber LB who goes on to be a stud in the NFL. This year's case is Rashaan Evans. How does he stack up with these past LBs as a prospect from the Saban pool of players?

Reuben Foster

CJ Mosley

Dont'a Hightower

Rolando McClain

This is how I would have it with the guys coming out of college.  Sure did not turn out that way and some still have to be determined with their career, but McClain was a beast coming out of college with his length I thought and had a great final season at Bama, but sure now that has not been the case but just looking at them coming out of Alabama, guy was the 8th pick for a reason.

Rolando McClain

CJ Mosley

Dont'a Hightower

Reuben Foster

Rashaan Evans

Reggie Ragland

He is arguably better than Foster in terms of his ability to be a rush end but the injury concerns could be an issue but is a close call.  But then again Foster had a little bit of that as well.  Not to mention Foster had more off the field stuff where Evans does not appear, and now Foster is in huge trouble and could be in jail and or out of the NFL for a few years potentially, will see what happens with that.  I said last year I did not think Foster was that elite coming out of school compared to Mosley and McClain, Evans is not at that level either with high level production over a few seasons.  I would take Hightower over Evans as well because of his physical size and versatility.  But really if Evans falls late 1st round of the draft because of not running the 40 or whatever, CJ Mosley, McClain and Foster did not run at the combine either btw I believe.  Evans could be a fine pro though and is arguably just as athletic as Foster was and a again is a better rush end if asked and has better character as well.

Rolo McClain was a monster prospect. I think people will conflate the bust he was with the prospect he was. Hell, when Rolo actually cared in the NFL, he put together some great film. Problem was that once he got paid, he revealed himself as a guy who didn't have a real passion for football and was a troublemaker off the field. Pretty difficult to evaluate heart.

Yeah McClain was as good of an ILB prospect as you can hope to find in 99% of draft classes. 

I love Rashaan Evans. He's my top rated ILB actually. I love his versatility, speed, and violence. While Edmunds and Smith are also fast, they don't play with the same sense of urgency that Evans does. He's also an elite blitzing ILB. A heavy attacking 3-4 team would fall in love with his skill set for that defense.

On 4/14/2018 at 10:42 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah McClain was as good of an ILB prospect as you can hope to find in 99% of draft classes. 

I love Rashaan Evans. He's my top rated ILB actually. I love his versatility, speed, and violence. While Edmunds and Smith are also fast, they don't play with the same sense of urgency that Evans does. He's also an elite blitzing ILB. A heavy attacking 3-4 team would fall in love with his skill set for that defense.

I REALLY like his skillset for the Sam spot in a 43 Under, where he can come walk down on the edge, blitz a lot and play matched up vs TE's.  I think that's his best fit of anywhere.  I think he's a great prospect, but I don't have him higher than Edmunds.  I think were Evans separates himself from a lot of the other LBs in the draft, is that tackling power he has.  That matters and he knocks guys back on contact.  It showed time and time again in short yardage situations.

Archived