Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, it'll depend on how many moves that we are looking to make. We really do have good trade pieces if we want to blow it up...I'm really curious to see where we go 

I put everyone on the block sans Nico, Mac and Jack. Considering we've sucked for the better part of a decade now, I'm okay going scorched earth if need be. If we get advantageous offers on guys like Bratt and Coleman, I'm pulling the trigger. You know we could get a really good return for Palms so he's obvious too. 

Just hard to imagine them doing so without a GM unless the plan is to see how Fitz does at the deadline and then removing the interim tag after? I dunno. This is a mess lol.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I put everyone on the block sans Nico, Mac and Jack. Considering we've sucked for the better part of a decade now, I'm okay going scorched earth if need be. If we get advantageous offers on guys like Bratt and Coleman, I'm pulling the trigger. You know we could get a really good return for Palms so he's obvious too. 

Just hard to imagine them doing so without a GM unless the plan is to see how Fitz does at the deadline and then removing the interim tag after? I dunno. This is a mess lol.

It would be weird to allow the interim to go scorched earth, but at the same time, that may make the team more appealing for some GM candidates. Complete rebuild, 2-4 first round picks or whatever that is, 2 former #1 OA on the roster, they may really like that. Plus, there can't be a ton of immediate pressure. And sometimes you just never know. The Texans let BOB make all those trades with no GM lol. The 49ers let Trent Baalke give Vance McDonald a ridiculous contract and then fired him like a week later lol

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

It would be weird to allow the interim to go scorched earth, but at the same time, that may make the team more appealing for some GM candidates. Complete rebuild, 2-4 first round picks or whatever that is, 2 former #1 OA on the roster, they may really like that. Plus, there can't be a ton of immediate pressure. And sometimes you just never know. The Texans let BOB make all those trades with no GM lol. The 49ers let Trent Baalke give Vance McDonald a ridiculous contract and then fired him like a week later lol

lol yeah, who the hell really knows? I'm 50% excited, 50% scared going into the deadline lol.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, beekay414 said:

lol yeah, who the hell really knows? I'm 50% excited, 50% scared going into the deadline lol.

Apparently, Fitz have even committed to trade vats as of yet. He's apparently gotten calls from 7-8 teams. Like WTH. How have you not committed to moving a rental? So far as I know, there's been 0 discussion about an extension

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's straight off the hf general trade board lol

You can never trust anything about a small market from ESPN. The projections always try to screw them any way possible. Always something stupid like that. They don't know anything about the Devils, I can guarantee you that.