Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Honestly, I just want to trade Palms. I don't want to extend him because I don't feel it makes any sense to do so in our current situation. If we're not going to retain him, why waste this chance to get a haul for him? I get waiting til after his charity thing on Saturday but you have to move him IMO. 

I want to as well. Interesting that TSN moved him way down on the trade bait board, but Pagnotta (blech) is stating that there are so many teams in on him. 

I Just don't know why you keep him in the current situation. 

Just now, Forge said:

I want to as well. Interesting that TSN moved him way down on the trade bait board, but Pagnotta (blech) is stating that there are so many teams in on him. 

I Just don't know why you keep him in the current situation. 

I get the value of having vets on the team but Kyle does more for the rebuild by being traded. If you really want him back, you signed him during free agency. We have a chance to get a crazy ROI on Palms and we need to do it.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Only one more year until Mike Cammalleri's buyout is over! Thanks Lou! 

(looks and sees 5 more years of Kovy's recapture penalty lol)

The kovy thing is hilarious. 

That being said, hot damn it could have been worse. So grateful he ditched us

• Like 1

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Could you imagine how many goals Graeme Clarke would've had this year playing on this 67's team? He had 7 goals in 9 games before the shoulder surgery. Safe to say he'd be right up there with Jack Quinn.

Mitchell Hoelscher is like 5th in the league in goals or something like that lol. And Clarke is the far superior shooter. I do worry about his shoulders now though. That's two years in a row, and his best trait as a player is that shot. 

Supposedly there is a guy on the Bruins board who is a little in the know. Obviously, I don't know him at all, but all the posters over there do treat him with a certain degree of reverence and credibility, so I'm assuming that he's at least somewhat legit and has given them good information before. He's basically saying that there are two offers on the table for Palms from the Bruins (this was before the Kase deal). 

Option 1 was: 

Player A (probably Heinlen would be my guess) / 1st round pick / Vaak. 

Option 2 was: 

Player B (roster player) / 2nd round pick / Vaak. The Boston guy said that boston fans would not like who Player B was lol. 

Yeah, who knows. We've got people saying we could've gotten Hanifin for Hall which I doubt too. 

That English Devil cat on HF isn't in the know is he? He said Palms is very likely to get moved while he hasn't heard anything on Wood. I'm assuming he's just mentioning stuff that's been floated out there as far as hearing rumblings, yes?

• Like 1

Also, your Francouz dream is dead. He extended with Colorado. 

I saw. Right about what I said to. He got 2m AAV for 2 years. I was going to give him 3 AAV for 2 years. Figure a bump for Free agency and actually having to sign with Jersey. 

That's okay. I'd take a one year deal on Halak or Lehner for sure. 

Yeah, who knows. We've got people saying we could've gotten Hanifin for Hall which I doubt too. 

That English Devil cat on HF isn't in the know is he? He said Palms is very likely to get moved while he hasn't heard anything on Wood. I'm assuming he's just mentioning stuff that's been floated out there as far as hearing rumblings, yes?

Yes, I think he's probably the type that just gets most of his information from random people / feelings of the posters on the board. 

• Like 1