Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Triumph said: ↑
Again, just pure absolutes, no nuance at all. The majority of players in the NHL are depriciating assets. Somehow teams manage to win Stanley Cups with them signed to long-term contracts.
I'm not the one comparing a 21 year old to a 31 year old. If you can't see the difference in the value of the contracts, then that's your problem being ignorant. Not mine.

It's like comparing buying a new ferrari to buying a used Dodge Charger.

I got a flaming warning for this. That site is garbage.

Just now, Forge said:

People can seriously call each other names, drop curse words non stop, and that generates a warning for what? 

Because I said he was being ignorant lol. It's so stupid. How is that any different than telling someone "you don't understand peak age" which is basically a knock on someone's intelligence. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Because I said he was being ignorant lol. It's so stupid. How is that any different than telling someone "you don't understand peak age" which is basically a knock on someone's intelligence. 

Who gave you the warning? Does that place have a webmaster, because that is ridiculous? 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Who gave you the warning? Does that place have a webmaster, because that is ridiculous? 

It's an automated forum thing called Troll Stomper that sends messages and takes points from you. It's ******* weird. It's basically if someone reports something, it automatically sends a message or considers it flaming because it hit a word that's in the filter to be considered flaming. It's beyond dumb. I'm sure it was some mod that reported it and then deleted the post because they can't sack up and say anything to you. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

It's an automated forum thing called Troll Stomper that sends messages and takes points from you. It's ******* weird. It's basically if someone reports something, it automatically sends a message or considers it flaming because it hit a word that's in the filter to be considered flaming. It's beyond dumb. I'm sure it was some mod that reported it and then deleted the post because they can't sack up and say anything to you. 

Wow, that is insane. I've never gotten anything liket hat before (and I've flat out called multiple people, "little guy", which is about as condescending as it gets). 

I know that the deleted posts thing happens a lot over there. Thankfully, I never go back and check any of my old posts or even remember what I have posted, so I really never know if anything has been deleted lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Wow, that is insane. I've never gotten anything liket hat before (and I've flat out called multiple people, "little guy", which is about as condescending as it gets). 

I know that the deleted posts thing happens a lot over there. Thankfully, I never go back and check any of my old posts or even remember what I have posted, so I really never know if anything has been deleted lol

It just makes me laugh lol. It's like Big Brother from 1984 on that site. Either conform EXACTLY how we want you to or be punished/silenced.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

It just makes me laugh lol. It's like Big Brother from 1984 on that site. Either conform EXACTLY how we want you to or be punished/silenced.

This site should be thankful for the mods and rules it has in place lol (okay, that may be a little self adulation) 

• Like 1

This is the logic we have to deal with @beekay414. I don't know how to combat this...

Forge said: 
Yeah, I don't think half these teams should be buying. Carolina shouldn't. They aren't there yet. Edmonton either. Etc etc. But that's just good for us lol

JrFischer54 said: 
lol by that logic then they should just make the playoffs 8 teams not 16
I mean, that logic isnt remotely the same. But ok

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

@Forge Yeah, I read that lol. Lots of quality posters over there. xD

I think he thought he was finding a way to mock me because he was the dude I called "little guy" the other day because I said I wouldn't be crazy upset if we couldn't find someone to give us a damn 4th round pick for Simmonds  and he suggested that I had the worst rebuilding philosophy ever lol. 

Just now, Forge said:

I think he thought he was finding a way to mock me because he was the dude I called "little guy" the other day because I said I wouldn't be crazy upset if we couldn't find someone to give us a damn 4th round pick for Simmonds  and he suggested that I had the worst rebuilding philosophy ever lol. 

lol I'm not sure what he was thinking with that post.

• Like 1