Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, Kuokkanen is a good prospect but he's another playmaker. We need goal scorers. I'm not sure how he fits with the core group. Do we plan on the C and LWs to be playmakers and the RW spots to score?

What's really funny is how much you see that teams have a prospect type when you're looking at the various farm systems. Like, to me, we clearly like our playmakers more so than our shooters, and seem to prefer floor to ceiling. Calgary clearly loves tiny dudes, and Boston clearly loves it's bigger dudes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

What's really funny is how much you see that teams have a prospect type when you're looking at the various farm systems. Like, to me, we clearly like our playmakers more so than our shooters, and seem to prefer floor to ceiling. Calgary clearly loves tiny dudes, and Boston clearly loves it's bigger dudes. 

I'm just hoping we keep drafting goal scoring RWs then. Someone's gotta do it lol. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

I'm just hoping we keep drafting goal scoring RWs then. Someone's gotta do it lol. 

We need to. We have a lot of guys who have some skill, good hands....we need guys who can rip it, especially since I don't want to be giving Palms the deal that Kreider just got. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I hadn't seen that one yet. 

HF just completely crapped out about an hour ago. Frustrating. 

Probably the most important day for that website outside of FA day (where it also craps out) and the two hours leading up to the deadline the site doesn't even work.  Every. Single. Year. 

• Like 2

Just now, beekay414 said:

Not that I can tell. He's a 27 year old LHD and my guess is he's staying in Bingo with us calling up Mermis and Melchiori. I'd rather just have the conditional 2nd. 

And he's a UFA after the year. I hate sacrificing draft slots for friggin bodies in the AHL. Just ******* sign some scrub and go.

Out:
C/RW Blake Coleman
G Louis Domingue
LHD Andy Greene
LW Taylor Hall
RW Wayne Simmonds
RHD Sami Vatanen
2021 7th Round Pick (Domingue trade)

In:
Two conditional 2020 1st round picks (could transfer to 2021 due to lottery/playoffs)
2021 2nd round pick
Conditional 2021 3rd round pick (would upgrade to 2021 2nd if Hall re-signs or ARI wins a playoff round; upgrades to a 2021 1st if both occur)
Conditional 2020 4th round pick (Vatanen plays 5 games, it's a 4th; if he plays 12 games or 70% of Carolina's playoff games, it becomes a 3rd)
Conditional 2021 5th round pick (becomes a 4th if Simmonds plays 10 games AND Buffalo makes the playoffs)
LHD Kevin Bahl
LHD Fredrik Claesson
LW Nolan Foote
LW Janne Kuokkanen
G Zane McIntyre
RW Nick Merkley
RHD David Quenneville
C Nate Schnarr

Not bad considering the only one we gave up with term was Coleman.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Out:
C/RW Blake Coleman
G Louis Domingue
LHD Andy Greene
LW Taylor Hall
RW Wayne Simmonds
RHD Sami Vatanen
2021 7th Round Pick (Domingue trade)

In:
Two conditional 2020 1st round picks (could transfer to 2021 due to lottery/playoffs)
2021 2nd round pick
Conditional 2021 3rd round pick (would upgrade to 2021 2nd if Hall re-signs or ARI wins a playoff round; upgrades to a 2021 1st if both occur)
Conditional 2020 4th round pick (Vatanen plays 5 games, it's a 4th; if he plays 12 games or 70% of Carolina's playoff games, it becomes a 3rd)
Conditional 2021 5th round pick (becomes a 4th if Simmonds plays 10 games AND Buffalo makes the playoffs)
LHD Kevin Bahl
LHD Fredrik Claesson
LW Nolan Foote
LW Janne Kuokkanen
G Zane McIntyre
RW Nick Merkley
RHD David Quenneville
C Nate Schnarr

Not bad considering the only one we gave up with term was Coleman.

Our farm system is so much better right now than it has been, and that's a big step in the right direction. We still lack elite talent (given that our big guys basically just came right in, which includes Bratt who somehow managed to never have to play an AHL game despite being a 6th round pick...) but man, this team in bingo is starting to look pretty good (with Senn really starting to put it together). 

22 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Just saw the Red Wings claimed Timashov. Really wonder if we put in a claim.

I hope we did, just because it would have made a ton of sense (especially since I did want to keep some of the younger guys in the minors to give Bing a shot at the playoffs) 

Just now, Forge said:

Our farm system is so much better right now than it has been, and that's a big step in the right direction. We still lack elite talent (given that our big guys basically just came right in, which includes Bratt who somehow managed to never have to play an AHL game despite being a 6th round pick...) but man, this team in bingo is starting to look pretty good (with Senn really starting to put it together). 

Yep. Things are looking up. Patience is necessary when you're starting from scratch like we did after Lou left. Sure, it's a slow, painful process, but it's expected. I think we're gonna be good in the future. Especially if we nail the 2020 draft. I really like what we did with our expirings. Hit a lot of needs and got a lot of talent/capital.