Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I read that it's not as good as the NBA ones. Sadly, I feel like the nhl games have really struggled for a long time. There was a time in the 2000s that they were the highlight of sports games

So I've heard. I've always been a rosters/jerseys guy so I can't really complain. I'm the type of person who buys OOTP baseball every year even though it's the same thing except they add prospects to their actual teams and you don't have to force draft anymore in old versions. I'm a simple person when it comes to sports simulations/games.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

How's that for a passive aggressive response? Didn't address what's his face because I don't care to anymore but I did address the other dude that addressed me.

I liked that you responded to the other guy. I actually almost did on your behalf right when that other dude posted. He completely missed the point of what you were saying. 

Also, I liked the quoted big brother lol

Just now, Forge said:

I liked that you responded to the other guy. I actually almost did on your behalf right when that other dude posted. He completely missed the point of what you were saying. 

Also, I liked the quoted big brother lol

It seems several people are missing what I'm saying. 

And thank you lol. I thought it was a nice touch myself.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

So I've heard. I've always been a rosters/jerseys guy so I can't really complain. I'm the type of person who buys OOTP baseball every year even though it's the same thing except they add prospects to their actual teams and you don't have to force draft anymore in old versions. I'm a simple person when it comes to sports simulations/games.

Yeah, I'm a franchise and sim guy. Maybe play a game or two in there, but for all my sports games, I largely like creating a player, creating a team, and dimming it through. Wish more games had an expansion draft element though

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I'm a franchise and sim guy. Maybe play a game or two in there, but for all my sports games, I largely like creating a player, creating a team, and dimming it through. Wish more games had an expansion draft element though

I'm pretty similar. I don't play online like a lot of others do. 

Just now, Forge said:

That place does not always have the best and brightest. It wasn't that hard to decipher

Apparently it was lol. I thought it was pretty obvious but, so far, the reactions tell me it wasn't. But, that's what I get for expecting people to be able to read the context of what's written. They see me say "I'd rather they get Laffy than X prospect" and think I think X prospect is better than Laffy. It's the bane of my existence, that type of ****. Same thing when you give a player comparison and people think you think that's their upside lol. Like, I thought Tyler Harvey of Eastern Washington played like Steph Curry so people saw that and thought I thought Tyler Harvey was the next Steph Curry. It's enough to drive you nuts.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Apparently it was lol. I thought it was pretty obvious but, so far, the reactions tell me it wasn't. But, that's what I get for expecting people to be able to read the context of what's written. They see me say "I'd rather they get Laffy than X prospect" and think I think X prospect is better than Laffy. It's the bane of my existence, that type of ****. Same thing when you give a player comparison and people think you think that's their upside lol. Like, I thought Tyler Harvey of Eastern Washington played like Steph Curry so people saw that and thought I thought Tyler Harvey was the next Steph Curry. It's enough to drive you nuts.

Yep, and then they get hyperbolic about it. I didn't want to sign palms to a six year deal at age 30 to pay him at 36, and I became a guy who Suddenly was getting rid of everyone before they weren't 30 and didn't want any 30 year olds in the team lol. Someone will probably bring that up about you months from now

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yep, and then they get hyperbolic about it. I didn't want to sign palms to a six year deal at age 30 to pay him at 36, and I became a guy who Suddenly was getting rid of everyone before they weren't 30 and didn't want any 30 year olds in the team lol. Someone will probably bring that up about you months from now

And I'll ignore the living hell out of them lol. 

Now, I really want to get Lapierre so these guys that are defending that take have to root for him to be better than Laffy.

I dunno. It's the curse of typing stuff instead of being able to talk about it. It's much easier to explain your takes in person than it is on a forum. People just read what they want and it's enough to make you want to quit the internet.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

And I'll ignore the living hell out of them lol. 

Now, I really want to get Lapierre so these guys that are defending that take have to root for him to be better than Laffy.

I dunno. It's the curse of typing stuff instead of being able to talk about it. It's much easier to explain your takes in person than it is on a forum. People just read what they want and it's enough to make you want to quit the internet.

That's why I really did start basically grading posters. I've got a few on hf that I'm just fine with, won't acknowledge, even if they write quote me. Just done with it. 

I have the same thing here, but it's not needed nearly as much. This community >>>>>>> hf

Just now, Forge said:

That's why I really did start basically grading posters. I've got a few on hf that I'm just fine with, won't acknowledge, even if they write quote me. Just done with it. 

I have the same thing here, but it's not needed nearly as much. This community >>>>>>> hf

Yep. As much as it pains me to give FF credit, it's truly better than that cesspool. You have your typical internet posters but here we've got a crew that's been around a long time that keeps this place afloat. If some of the guys I converse with left, I'd probably be done here too. I've been here for almost 15 years myself.

Man, I'm caught up on how Will Butcher fits if we keep Smith on the right side. No matter what we do, we'll have to play him with Subban because you're not going to stick him with Smith either. Let's say we traded for Zadorov and then got Leddy as a cap dump, right? You're still putting Butcher with Subban on the top pair. I guess you could mix it up during the game depending on the situation but you're still looking at...

Butcher-Subban
Zadorov-Severson
Leddy-Smith

I guess you could go to Leddy-Subban with a lead and then mix and match the rest? I dunno. We really just need to trade Butcher.

39 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Man, I'm caught up on how Will Butcher fits if we keep Smith on the right side. No matter what we do, we'll have to play him with Subban because you're not going to stick him with Smith either. Let's say we traded for Zadorov and then got Leddy as a cap dump, right? You're still putting Butcher with Subban on the top pair. I guess you could mix it up during the game depending on the situation but you're still looking at...

Butcher-Subban
Zadorov-Severson
Leddy-Smith

I guess you could go to Leddy-Subban with a lead and then mix and match the rest? I dunno. We really just need to trade Butcher.

Yeah, he's a disaster in combination with the others. He's not a bad player... He's an okay third pairing with some QB ability on the PP because of his smarts. We can move him if we are looking to trade him. 

Trading for leddy on the cheap and moving butcher too wpg or Montreal makes a lot of sense. For us, we upgrade from butcher to leddy for a couple of years which is good. Helps in the immediacy even if not long term, and we were going to have butcher anyway

• Like 1