Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, he's a disaster in combination with the others. He's not a bad player... He's an okay third pairing with some QB ability on the PP because of his smarts. We can move him if we are looking to trade him. 

Trading for leddy on the cheap and moving butcher too wpg or Montreal makes a lot of sense. For us, we upgrade from butcher to leddy for a couple of years which is good. Helps in the immediacy even if not long term, and we were going to have butcher anyway

Yeah, I don't see how Butcher fits with what we have at this point unless we keep Smith on the left side and sign someone like Gudas or a defensive minded 3rd pairing dman. Still, placing Smith on the side he's rarely played and expecting top 4 minutes out of him is asking a bit too much IMO. I'd much rather move Butcher and keep Smith on the right side.

The entire conversation is hilarious btw...

Me: Eh, I don't much care. Three first round picks is still a ton of ammunition to work with regardless of where they fall (as long as it's not 28-31). If the worst we're looking at is 7, 18 and 21, I'm fine with it. Just gotta hope neither Arizona or Vancouver advance to the WCF.

SP: Honestly - are you a robot or do you specifically try hard to come off as impossibly neutral? Idrc either way im just curious, good for you if you truly feel this way

Idk what fans Ive ever met before who wouldnt be pissed that their top-10 pick is being tossed to the middle of the 1st in a draft thats currently best rated players are up to pick 10... all because a team that wasnt supposed to make it did and now will probably go on a run because their goalie is insane right now (which is all you need in hockey sometimes)

Me: I've already explained to you how I feel about this draft. I don't feel there's much separating pick #10 to pick #18. My stance on the depth of this draft explains my thought process on not caring where the pick(s) land. Would I like a higher pick? Absolutely. Is it the end of the world if it lands at 18? Absolutely not. I'm sorry I don't overreact to every single possible negative thing with emotional posting.

SP: Dont deflect - you literally said ‘i dont much care’

You think a scout who has 9-16 ranked similarly wont be pissed about going from the top of that group where he gets his choice to the bottom where he gets the scraps and may lose his best ranked guys?

Nobody said you have to ‘emotionally react negatively’, but holy **** to try and act like it isnt a big deal is just a lie lol

Me: lol you do you, homie. I'll do me. You overreact enough for the both of us. Apparently people aren't allowed to be level headed fans on HF, everything must be doom and gloom.

And, no, they are professionals. They'll do their job and draft according to how the board falls regardless of where they pick. FFS Cole Caufield fell to 15 last year but I'm supposed to be outrageously pissed because of something I have no control over otherwise I'm not a true fan and I'm lying to myself! Grow up.

SP: You know what, youre just the most emotionally stable person ive ever met

Ill finally add you to my ignore list because all you do is hate in your fellow fans for being FANATICS, which involves emotions

Sorry we arent robots like yourself - good riddance

Me: Thanks. You're doing me a favor tbqh lol.

SP: Imagine hating on other Devils fans for being upset their top-10 pick may drop past 16 and further during a game or two that decides it

Couldnt imagine watching sports with no emotion, must be a terribly boring time

Me: Remember who responded to who here. You responded to me yet I'm the one at fault here. I'm sorry that I try my best to see the positive outlook on things rather than thinking the world is ending over every little thing.

lmao

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

The entire conversation is hilarious btw...

lmao

I've been having computer issues so I've been in and out, unfortunately. 

I don't understand that forum's fascination and obsession with how other fans react and act? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I've been having computer issues so I've been in and out, unfortunately. 

I don't understand that forum's fascination and obsession with how other fans react and act? 

Apparently, if you are level headed, you aren't a true fan and are lying to yourself lol

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

YAY here comes the incessant whining for the next few months!

It's disappointing, but out of our control, and there are guys I love at the spot. They aren't going to make the conference finals...I mean, they were thoroughly outplayed in 3 of the 4 games and just won them. I hope they win round 1, but I'd be surprised if they do tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's disappointing, but out of our control, and there are guys I love at the spot. They aren't going to make the conference finals...I mean, they were thoroughly outplayed in 3 of the 4 games and just won them. I hope they win round 1, but I'd be surprised if they do tbh. 

Regardless of whether they play Vegas or Colorado, they are going to get boatraced unless Darcy Kuemper goes full Hasek. You just hope that the NHL does something about the conditions of the 2021 pick due to the convoluted mess that this format created. 

All in all, I don't care where the picks fall. We're still getting a bonafide stud at #7 and one or two free shots in the 1st at doing it again. I couldn't possibly understand being pissed off at draft pick conditions being hit. I know it would've been nice to have a top 9/10/11 pick outta that Hall trade but Bahl/Merkley/16-18/2021 2nd or 3rd is not a bad return for an expiring Hall.

Edited by beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

If Pittsburgh and Edmonton come back to win their series, we'd be picking 16 and 17 right? or is it 16 and 18?

16 and then wherever Vancouver's pick falls. I wouldn't expect them to make the conference finals, and if they don't, I think it's like 18. I could be wrong though. 

23 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

All in all, I don't care where the picks fall. We're still getting a bonafide stud at #7 and one or two free shots in the 1st at doing it again. I couldn't possibly understand being pissed off at draft pick conditions being hit. I know it would've been nice to have a top 9/10/11 pick outta that Hall trade but Bahl/Merkley/16-18/2021 2nd or 3rd is not a bad return for an expiring Hall.

See, for me though, this is where I'm probably out on Sanderson now. I think he's a quality defender, but I'd rather go forward at 7 (well, unless the plan would be to pick Lundell lol) and then Guhle / Schneider with the Vancouver pick (or Barron). One of them will be there. In between, Lapierre or Jarvis. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

See, for me though, this is where I'm probably out on Sanderson now. I think he's a quality defender, but I'd rather go forward at 7 (well, unless the plan would be to pick Lundell lol) and then Guhle / Schneider with the Vancouver pick (or Barron). One of them will be there. In between, Lapierre or Jarvis. 

I don't expect Sanderson to be there at 7 anyways tbqh. I'm all in on Sanderson at 7 regardless where the other two picks fall though. Would rather shoot the moon on the forwards at 16-18 and 18-21 (wherever they fall) than taking more of the same on the blue line. I don't think Guhle lasts to 16 as it is. Though, if we did go dman, I'd rather go ROR over either Schneider or Barron. Gimme the LHD.