Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

lol ESPN knows nothing about hockey. They just showed the #1 pick odds for the 8 teams eliminated and then said the top prospect was Alex Laferriere. Yes, I know it's confusing that there are two dudes with similar names but, woof, what a whiff.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol ESPN knows nothing about hockey. They just showed the #1 pick odds for the 8 teams eliminated and then said the top prospect was Alex Laferriere. Yes, I know it's confusing that there are two dudes with similar names but, woof, what a whiff.

World wide leader in sports!

• Like 1

Just read a Die By the Blade post (Sabres), from July, that was about fixing the team in 3 easy steps. One of the trades was Ristolainen for Wood and Kuokkanen. He then places Wood on Eichel's wing on the first line lol. There are 212 comments on it and the ones on Wood are all enthusiastic. Boy, do I want to post in there that Wood flat out sucks and would drive them mad. 

I also posted in the Preds thread about Hynes but they're doing the "I'm willing to give him a chance to adjust" route. Welp, don't say I didn't tell you so, Preds fans!

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Just read a Die By the Blade post (Sabres), from July, that was about fixing the team in 3 easy steps. One of the trades was Ristolainen for Wood and Kuokkanen. He then places Wood on Eichel's wing on the first line lol. There are 212 comments on it and the ones on Wood are all enthusiastic. Boy, do I want to post in there that Wood flat out sucks and would drive them mad. 

I also posted in the Preds thread about Hynes but they're doing the "I'm willing to give him a chance to adjust" route. Welp, don't say I didn't tell you so, Preds fans!

The trash of others is always better than your own teams trash lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

What percentage would you put on the Devils actually making all three selections? 

100%

So maybe a hot take, but IMO the strength of this draft isn't the top end prospects (a bunch of whom I'm much less high on during the lockdown than before) but the depth of quality of prospects. By my viewing, you have guys who would go in the top 60 in any other year extending to the end of the 3rd/middle of the 4th round this year. If you have multiple picks in the top 60 (as the Devils do), even with the dodgy situation regarding junior league next year,  you make every pick. Especially if it's in the first round.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

What percentage would you put on the Devils actually making all three selections? 

I'd put it at 80%. I think we could find a way to get cap dumps and what not without using significant picks to do so. 

From a fan perspective, I want to make all three, obviously, but if we can get a top 4 dman or a top 6 winger, I'd be willing to move the lesser pick. I want to keep 2 of them tho. 

3 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

100%

So maybe a hot take, but IMO the strength of this draft isn't the top end prospects (a bunch of whom I'm much less high on during the lockdown than before) but the depth of quality of prospects. By my viewing, you have guys who would go in the top 60 in any other year extending to the end of the 3rd/middle of the 4th round this year. If you have multiple picks in the top 60 (as the Devils do), even with the dodgy situation regarding junior league next year,  you make every pick. Especially if it's in the first round.

I'm really hoping Vatenen hits the games played mark so we get Carolina's 3rd due to that fact. You're talking someone potentially like Tristen Robins, Tyler Kleven, Brock Faber or Jack Finley with that pick. 

7 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

100%

I'm just thinking that there are going to be some quality players available for one or two of those picks. That's why I'm curious. I mean, if Carolina is willing to part with Jake Bean for the lowest of the three, for example, I think that's hard to pass up. If you can get a top 6 or top 4 defender from a super cap strapped team, I think you have to do it (provided they have term).