Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

@Canadian Saint

Thanks for that input. I wouldn't hate Reichel at all, I'd just be disappointed because of how I feel about Perreault. Alas, hockey scouting in a nutshell. 

Can Reichel play RW? I'm not keen on off hand wingers but, if he has the ability to play both sides equally as effective, then his appeal jumps for me.

Edited by beekay414

14 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

@Canadian Saint

Thanks for that input. I wouldn't hate Reichel at all, I'd just be disappointed because of how I feel about Perreault. Alas, hockey scouting in a nutshell. 

Can Reichel play RW? I'm not keen on off hand wingers but, if he has the ability to play both sides equally as effective, then his appeal jumps for me.

No he's purely a LW from I've seen.

Sell me on Perrault? He reminds me so much of Alex Galchenyuk it sort of frightens me. I liked him earlier, but after seeing more of him, he dropped a fair bit for me.

1 minute ago, Canadian Saint said:

No he's purely a LW from I've seen.

Sell me on Perrault? He reminds me so much of Alex Galchenyuk it sort of frightens me. I liked him earlier, but after seeing more of him, he dropped a fair bit for me.

Just the mix of skating, vision and natural goal scoring ability is what gets me with him. I see an easy 40 goal scorer with 50 goal potential. For me, he's this year's Kaliyev and I don't think anyone is letting Kaliyev fall as far as he did if they got the chance to redraft. I'll probably be wrong but whatever. I'm good with about a million things that could happen with this draft so take that for what it's worth.

12 hours ago, Forge said:

Nothing to support it, but I just have this feeling that the three most likely selections for us at 7 are Sanderson, holtz and Drysdale. If I had to put money on it, I think I'd be betting on those three

Holtz is the guy I least want tbh. I don't know why. I'd just feel underwhelmed with him as the pick. Well, Perfetti is the guy I least want due to fit but I at least like his upside. Holtz just seems....meh.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Holtz is the guy I least want tbh. I don't know why. I'd just feel underwhelmed with him as the pick. Well, Perfetti is the guy I least want due to fit but I at least like his upside. Holtz just seems....meh.

Poor man's Laine imo. Totally agreed. One of the best shots in the class. Above average skating. Aaaaand average everywhere else.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Poor man's Laine imo. Totally agreed. One of the best shots in the class. Above average skating. Aaaaand average everywhere else.

I'm really hoping he goes 5 or 6. I'd honestly rather trade back for Quinn if that's the type of player we're targeting. 

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

He makes a ton of sense, I think. Not sure I love it, but you can't doubt the production. His performance in his d year in the SHL is one of the greatest in their history believe it or not. He's up there in some rare air. He's got a wicked shot which makes him a great triggerman for Jack, obviously, and he's got good size, which could be important to Jack as well. He's lazy with his shot though, and that bothers me. You can get away with that crap in the swedish junior league, just firing from the wall or blue line or whatever, that stuff won't fly in the NHL. He's an okay skater...wish he had more explosion into transition like Jack willl have, but that's a minor quibble. 

43 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm really hoping he goes 5 or 6. I'd honestly rather trade back for Quinn if that's the type of player we're targeting. 

If anyone takes him, I think it'll be Anaheim. They could use someone for Zegras. That being said, I like Holtz by quite a bit more than I do Quinn, I'll admit. Quinn still leaves me a little cold even though I have him ranked up higher in my rankings.  I still wonder if he's just a somewhat talented garbageman goal scorer at the next level, I dunno. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

He makes a ton of sense, I think. Not sure I love it, but you can't doubt the production. His performance in his d-1 year in the SHL is one of the greatest in their history believe it or not. He's up there in some rare air. He's got a wicked shot which makes him a great triggerman for Jack, obviously, and he's got good size, which could be important to Jack as well. He's lazy with his shot though, and that bothers me. You can get away with that crap in the swedish junior league, just firing from the wall or blue line or whatever, that stuff won't fly in the NHL. He's an okay skater...wish he had more explosion into transition like Jack willl have, but that's a minor quibble. 

I'm mean, we'll be fine gaining a potential 40 goal scorer that's an excellent fit with our franchise player, no question. I'm just underwhelmed by him overall compared to the rest of the top 8/9. 

Being completely honest with you, my wagon is hitched to Jake Sanderson. Just the idea of finally landing our #1 LHD prospect makes me giddy. Of course, I don't expect him to be around at 7 but that's another story.

LIS before, this draft could go a million different ways and turn out great for us. I'm just ready for the speculation to be over with.

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

If anyone takes him, I think it'll be Anaheim. They could use someone for Zegras. That being said, I like Holtz by quite a bit more than I do Quinn, I'll admit. Quinn still leaves me a little cold even though I have him ranked up higher. I still wonder if he's just a somewhat talented garbageman goal scorer at the next level, I dunno. 

I think Ottawa would be a situation where he goes too. Ideally, Perfetti goes #4 and the Swedes go 5 and 6 leaving us our pick of Drysdale, Sanderson or Rossi.

If that happened, I would most definitely try to trade back with Minnesota at #9 and let them take Rossi and we'd be able to take whichever of the defensemen get passed Buffalo.

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I'm mean, we'll be fine gaining a potential 40 goal scorer that's an excellent fit with our franchise player, no question. I'm just underwhelmed by him overall compared to the rest of the top 8/9. 

Being completely honest with you, my wagon is hitched to Jake Sanderson. Just the idea of finally landing our #1 LHD prospect makes me giddy. Of course, I don't expect him to be around at 7 but that's another story.

LIS before, this draft could go a million different ways and turn out great for us. I'm just ready for the speculation to be over with.

I'm ok on Sanderson. It's a selection that makes sense. He's not my #7 but I'm not going to complain about taking a guy I view as top 12 at #7. We take Guhle, I'll complain lol. 

That being said, I think Drysdale will be there at 7. Anaheim is the only team I think that takes him, and they could just as easily take holtz. 

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I think Ottawa would be a situation where he goes too. Ideally, Perfetti goes #4 and the Swedes go 5 and 6 leaving us our pick of Drysdale, Sanderson or Rossi.

I keep thinking Raymond for Ottawa. They love swedes, and I think Detroit is going to go Rossi. I just think perfetti is going to fall. I wouldn't be shocked if he's out of the top 10