Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Apparently we were in on Kapanen. Looks like we were amenable to trading a first, but backed out when the price increased to a prospect to go along with it. 

Yeah, no thanks on that. I wouldn't have even dealt a 1 for KK. I would've gone the same route as we did gaining Palmieri and MarJo. Isles 2021 2nd and Carolina's 2020 3rd is where I would've put a stop on that. KK is not the type you trade a 1 for in our position.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, no thanks on that. I wouldn't have even dealt a 1 for KK. I would've gone the same route as we did gaining Palmieri and MarJo. Isles 2021 2nd and Carolina's 2020 3rd is where I would've put a stop on that. KK is not the type you trade a 1 for in our position.

Same. Or I would have moved Zacha for him. Would have been fine with that. Would have given Toronto a little more grit, about 1m cheaper. Would have given us more skill. 

That being said, I'm like 80% sure we only end up making 2 of these first round picks. 

Just now, Forge said:

That being said, I'm like 80% sure we only end up making 2 of these first round picks. 

Whichever pick we trade, we better be getting something legit in return. I don't like the idea that we floated one for KK as it is. Feels like ownership might be pushing Fitzy into making "competitive" moves. We didn't come this far, take this type of patient route, only to have it killed by ownership that knows nothing about hockey and only sees in dollar signs. The situation in Philadelphia causes some concern for me tbh. Just gotta hope that Fitzy isn't to Shero what Colangelo was to Hinkie.

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Whichever pick we trade, we better be getting something legit in return. I don't like the idea that we floated one for KK as it is. Feels like ownership might be pushing Fitzy into making "competitive" moves. We didn't come this far, take this type of patient route, only to have it killed by ownership that knows nothing about hockey and only sees in dollar signs. The situation in Philadelphia causes some concern for me tbh. Just gotta hope that Fitzy isn't to Shero what Colangelo was to Hinkie.

I'm not a fan of our ownership. I feel like they are meddlers. Apparently Toronto really is looking to wheel and deal. I think they want to keep the big 4 together for one more run 

4 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

This dude is going top 10 if his skating looks better visually. European prospects are going to get such a boost with the extra games before the draft.

Yeah, I locked him into my top 10 a while ago. I don't have him in my top 10 personally, but I understand his selection there for sure. 

I feel like he's the type of player teams just love. Minnesota or Winnipeg will take him

47 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I locked him into my top 10 a while ago. I don't have him in my top 10 personally, but I understand his selection there for sure. 

I feel like he's the type of player teams just love. Minnesota or Winnipeg will take him

My dark horse is Detroit at 4. I know it seems outlandish but if he's fixed his skating, their is a significant ceiling and a very good floor.

Let it fall

Lafreniere
Byfield
Stutzle/Raymond
Raymond/Stutzle
Lundell/Holtz
Holtz/Lundell

Please. That's all I'm asking. I want our choice of dman. Hell, even if Lundell OR Holtz shoot up to the top 6, it pushes one of them down to us regardless.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Let it fall

Lafreniere
Byfield
Stutzle/Raymond
Raymond/Stutzle
Lundell/Holtz
Holtz/Lundell

Please. That's all I'm asking. I want our choice of dman. Hell, even if Lundell OR Holtz shoot up to the top 6, it pushes one of them down to us regardless.

Raymond or Drysdale for me. I'm back in on Raymond. My #4 pretty solidly in this draft. He's still bottom six in Sweden, which sucks, but always knew you'd have to be patient with him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Raymond or Drysdale for me. I'm back in on Raymond. My #4 pretty solidly in this draft. He's still bottom six in Sweden, which sucks, but always knew you'd have to be patient with him

Feel ya. I'm fairly certain Raymond goes top 6 now, pushing down someone like Sanderson. I'm in on both defensemen, regardless of which it is. Both seem to be game changers for us so let's get it.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Also, we're at least top 20 in Pronmon's organization rankings. He released #21 (Anaheim) today. I'd presume we'll be top 15 at least.

He takes into account youngsters in the NHL, so I'd be willing to bet we are top 8 or so. I think Nico is still eligible for that list. We will be lower on Wheeler's because I think he does strictly prospects

• Like 1