Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

What are you gonna do? When you're starting from scratch, that'll happen.

How many teams in any sport can you think of that ever in that bad of shape? I suppose my giants were close after the WS run ended. All the contributors were old, farm system had been plundered. But it's so rare to be that barren at both levels

1 minute ago, Forge said:

How many teams in any sport can you think of that ever in that bad of shape? I suppose my giants were close after the WS run ended. All the contributors were old, farm system had been plundered. But it's so rare to be that barren at both levels

That's why people are so impatient. It's incredibly rare. We were ****ed, flat out, so it was always going to be a decade or longer. 

That's why people are so impatient. It's incredibly rare. We were ****ed, flat out, so it was always going to be a decade or longer. 

I do get confused by the need to try and make us a Stanley cup contender this year on hf lol people are so about selling out long term building for short term gain

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I do get confused by the need to try and make us a Stanley cup contender this year on hf lol people are so about selling out long term building for short term gain

Well, it doesn't help that the guys that own us, also owned "The Process" Sixers so I could see them getting in the way and forcing our hands, much like they did after they let Hinkie go in Philly. Not the wisest move but I wouldn't be shocked if they do force Fitzgerald to be active.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Well, it doesn't help that the guys that own us, also owned "The Process" Sixers so I could see them getting in the way and forcing our hands, much like they did after they let Hinkie go in Philly. Not the wisest move but I wouldn't be shocked if they do force Fitzgerald to be active.

I feel like it's a concern that we don't know wtf ownership wants to do

• Like 1

It absolutely is. I hope they just meddle with the Sixers and leave us the hell alone.

They don't need to be concerned with us. Nobody cares about hockey. They can just leave us alone in our little bubble lol. Basketball is more popular and requires more attention lol

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Wouldn't that mean we'd pick 18 and 19, not 20? Calgary had 79 points in 70 games compared to Vancouver's 78 in 69. 

70/79 = .886, 69/78 = .8846

There was a question about that on HF where someone said that the Vancouver pick was slated at 19 as well. I'm not sure, I haven't actually looked in it

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

There was a question about that on HF where someone said that the Vancouver pick was slated at 19 as well. I'm not sure, I haven't actually looked in it

EDIT - NVM I was wrong. How was Vancouver the 7 seed then? Is the NHL bad at math?

Edited by beekay414

16 hours ago, Forge said:

Misyul extended his deal in the khl for another year. He's now under contract there through 22-23, so we won't see him until 23-24 at earliest. Kind of frustrating. I worry about the development over there

I'm not overly worried about it. He's not buried on their DC or anything, so he'll get continuous burn.