Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, Canadian Saint said:

Holland basically ruled out trading our 1st unless we get a 1st back.

Also Neal is shot. Complete liability at 5v5 minus a handful of minutes on the 4th line.

Oh, no doubt he's toast.b you basically play him on the PP and then never again at any other time lol

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Told ya @Forge, Vancouver was never going to be a problem for Vegas. Just stay out of the penalty box and you'll roll through them. The 5 on 5 game has been pure dominance from Vegas.

Vancouver needs to figure out their cap. I love that core but if they have to start unloading Boeser and the like, it can go away quick

Just now, Forge said:

Vancouver needs to figure out their cap. I love that core but if they have to start unloading Boeser and the like, it can go away quick

Paying those crappy role players before they were ready to compete was flat out stupid. Lot of bad contracts on that club.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Paying those crappy role players before they were ready to compete was flat out stupid. Lot of bad contracts on that club.

For sure. The Ericksson deal is just so bad. The structure makes it even worse because they can't even buy him out. 

Sutter, Baertschi... So many guys to unload. I'm not even sure how beagle has two more years left. They have interesting prospects, and the contracts besides Loui aren't awful term at least. 

I'd definitely give them a call

1 minute ago, Forge said:

For sure. The Ericksson deal is just so bad. The structure makes it even worse because they can't even buy him out. 

Sutter, Baertschi... So many guys to unload. I'm not even sure how beagle has two more years left. They have interesting prospects, and the contracts besides Loui aren't awful term at least. 

I'd definitely give them a call

Yep. Beagle's contract is the worst lol. It's almost as bad as Sissons in Nashville.

I'd try them out but I don't know what we'd take back? Olli for McLeod?

Edited by beekay414

Yep. Beagle's contract is the worst lol. It's almost as bad as Sissons in Nashville.

I'd try them out but I don't know what we'd take back? Olli for McLeod?

I'm actually kind of interested in Olli. Kole Lind is a big rw who had a nice year in the ahl. Jett Woo I'd have interest in. Virtanen if cheap

Just now, Forge said:

I'm actually kind of interested in Olli. Kole Lind is a big rw who had a nice year in the ahl. Jett Woo I'd have interest in. Virtanen if cheap

Yeah, true. The Kaspanen trade may have ****ed us on the Virtanen thing. It's crazy how much the Vancouver fans on HF expect for him lol.

We have multiple avenues to take. I'm just ready for it all to get here so we know where Fitzy is gonna go.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, true. The Kaspanen trade may have ****ed us on the Virtanen thing. It's crazy how much the Vancouver fans on HF expect for him lol.

We have multiple avenues to take. I'm just ready for it all to get here so we know where Fitzy is gonna go.

Dude I don't even know what to think about that Kap trade. That was dumb. So asinine to give that much up. I get the first from Pitts perspective; they are just all in on the Crosby/ Malkin era, but damn what a bad value

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Dude I don't even know what to think about that Kap trade. That was dumb. So asinine to give that much up. I get the first from Pitts perspective; they are just all in on the Crosby/ Malkin era, but damn what a bad value

I laughed when I saw it. LIS before, I wouldn't even have entertained a 1st for Kap.

• Like 1

I laughed when I saw it. LIS before, I wouldn't even have entertained a 1st for Kap.

I'm still trying to figure out where we get more size and oomph up front. We need some guys that can win just battles, but have to be skilled and fast enough to okay with Nico and Jack

Just now, Forge said:

I'm still trying to figure out where we get more size and oomph up front. We need some guys that can win just battles, but have to be skilled and fast enough to okay with Nico and Jack

My guess? Patience. Draft em. I don't know what else we can do. We can try to trade for them and sign them but I'm not overpaying.