Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

So whomever we pick at #7 likely becomes our #2 no matter what. 18 & 20 I'm not sure on. They likely don't fall into the top 5 for me, but it could depends on who falls there. If one of them is Jarvis, for example, he probably would slide into my top 5. 

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

So whomever we pick at #7 likely becomes our #2 no matter what. 18 & 20 I'm not sure on. They likely don't fall into the top 5 for me, but it could depends on who falls there. If one of them is Jarvis, for example, he probably would slide into my top 5. 

I definitely would have 18 and 20 fall in our top 10. Especially yours HAHA. You bump Clarke and Bastian easily. I like Clarke but he's still not in my top 10 yet I don't think. Bastian definitely isn't. He's more of a "let's see what we got" with him than a viable ranked spec. He's in that Merkley tier for me. I think Merkley will be better but that's beside the point.

EDIT - Saw you said top 5 lol. But yeah, you get the point. All three 1st will fall into our top 10 and likely our top 5 IMO.

Edited by beekay414

Just real quick, my top 10, including picks, would probably be...

Ty Smith
#7 (unless it's Lucas Raymond, then he jumps Smith for me...Drysdale/Sanderson would basically be a 1b to Smith's 1a)
Nolan Foote
#18 & 20 (if they follow my lead lol)
Kevin Bahl
Jesper Boqvist
Daniil Misyul
Reilly Walsh
Janne Kuokkanen

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I definitely would have 18 and 20 fall in our top 10. Especially yours HAHA. You bump Clarke and Bastian easily. I like Clarke but he's still not in my top 10 yet I don't think. Bastian definitely isn't. He's more of a "let's see what we got" with him than a viable ranked spec. He's in that Merkley tier for me. I think Merkley will be better but that's beside the point.

EDIT - Saw you said top 5 lol. But yeah, you get the point. All three 1st will fall into our top 10 and likely our top 5 IMO.

Yes, I agree that all three would fall into the top 10. Bastian was added just because this was a big year for him. Really nice improvement, but he kind of is what he is.  I do think that he could be an NHL player though, and if he can be a PP1 net presence (which is something we dont' have as is...because it sure as hell isn't Nico no matter how much we want to keep trying that), I think he could have an okay role. I've never been a huge Walsh fan, so I'd likely bump him before I bumped Clarke. Clarke is one of the few in the system that I view as having top 6 potential. He could be a 25 goal scoring RW for sure and the potential aspect is probably more important than the floor aspect for me, tbh. 

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Those picks are going to be massive for our prospect depth, that's all I know. I'll probably drop a top 25 after the draft happens but I'd expect a lot of 2020 draft bias due to how I feel about it lol.

I think that's pretty common for a lot of people though. Whenever guys like Pronman and Wheeler and whomever else do their top prospect lists with regards to the NHL as a whole, it seems to be top heavy for the most recent draft classes. 

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yes, I agree that all three would fall into the top 10. Bastian was added just because this was a big year for him. Really nice improvement, but he kind of is what he is.  I do think that he could be an NHL player though, and if he can be a PP1 net presence (which is something we dont' have as is...because it sure as hell isn't Nico no matter how much we want to keep trying that), I think he could have an okay role. I've never been a huge Walsh fan, so I'd likely bump him before I bumped Clarke. Clarke is one of the few in the system that I view as having top 6 potential. He could be a 25 goal scoring RW for sure and the potential aspect is probably more important than the floor aspect for me, tbh. 

I personally love Clarke but, as with Thompson, I need to see more before I can bump Walsh in their favor.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

I personally love Clarke but, as with Thompson, I need to see more before I can bump Walsh in their favor.

I get that. The fact that Walsh kind of didn't progress and grab hold of the opportunities when Fox left kind of really bugs me to tell you the truth. He was the favorite to slide into that role and he just flat out got beat by an undrafted freshman (side note, we should look into Ryan Siedem....Harvard's been developing some very solid defenders for a few years now) 

58 minutes ago, Forge said:

I get that. The fact that Walsh kind of didn't progress and grab hold of the opportunities when Fox left kind of really bugs me to tell you the truth. He was the favorite to slide into that role and he just flat out got beat by an undrafted freshman (side note, we should look into Ryan Siedem....Harvard's been developing some very solid defenders for a few years now) 

Yeah, I'm not all that big on Walsh myself. I like him enough to keep him where he is for now, until guys behind him outplay him, but he was disappointing last year, no question. Still, maybe he just got stagnant at Harvard and needs to get into NHL camp? Wouldn't be the first time someone got stale somewhere.

Just now, beekay414 said:

I might be getting a Devils logo tattoo tomorrow. Talk me out of it @Forge.

Wrong person, buddy. I'm a tattoo guy and all of mine are from video games, so my judgement on getting tattoos and what kind to get are suspect lol

Just now, Forge said:

Wrong person, buddy. I'm a tattoo guy and all of mine are from video games, so my judgement on getting tattoos and what kind to get are suspect lol

lol jesus. I have one tattoo right now and it's in honor of my dad. He had a tattoo that he designed back in 1996 that said "Kobs" which is his nickname from the military. I got the same tattoo, in the same spot, but got to put my touches on it and it looks crisp as hell. I've wanted a 2nd tattoo for a while now but didn't know what to get. It's kinda crazy being from Milwaukee but I truly feel like I spend more time on the Devils than any team I'm a fan of so, by default, they are my 1st love. I also want to get a Devils tattoo so when people on HF question my fanhood, I can be like "dude, I have the Devils tattooed on my ******* body. How dare you!" LOL

• Like 1