Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

46 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

That would make sense.

what do you think about this? Seems like a high upside swing and a worthy risk.

He was always on the list as devils target. Reports are that the Blues are doing what they can to keep him there. If he hits the market, we will (rightfully) kick the tires...though Rogalski should have been fired forever ago.

Husso has an insanely limited sample size, so there's a chance that he reverts to sucking. But you can maybe get him for shorter term, which may be appealing. 

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

And to piggy back on your post - 

I would feel comfortable with Husso and Blackwood with Daws as an emergency backup. It seems like it would need another year of extreme bad luck if all three faltered. Do you think Daws slowed down due to usage and a tough 3 game west coast trip?

one guy my untrained eye just did not get. I was very happy we didn’t trade for him at the deadline 

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I would feel comfortable with Husso and Blackwood with Daws as an emergency backup. It seems like it would need another year of extreme bad luck if all three faltered. Do you think Daws slowed down due to usage and a tough 3 game west coast trip?

Hard to say. Fatigue probably had a big say in it though. He hadn't really played a lot in 2 years. But goalies are also hard to gauge. Most are just scrap heap guys. 

3 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

one guy my untrained eye just did not get. I was very happy we didn’t trade for him at the deadline 

This likely means he will stick around with the Canucks, but don't be surprised if he still gets moved. One thing that undoubtedly worried teams was that he had a qualifying offer of 7.5M before FA. This can actually make him more tempting to trade for now. 

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

Hard to say. Fatigue probably had a big say in it though. He hadn't really played a lot in 2 years. But goalies are also hard to gauge. Most are just scrap heap guys. 

This likely means he will stick around with the Canucks, but don't be surprised if he still gets moved. One thing that undoubtedly worried teams was that he had a qualifying offer of 7.5M before FA. This can actually make him more tempting to trade for now. 

Out of the goalies @beekay414 mentioned a page back , who do you think we’d have the most interest in and has a descent chance to be moved ?

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Out of the goalies @beekay414 mentioned a page back , who do you think we’d have the most interest in and has a descent chance to be moved ?

I think we most likely end up with Husso or Campbell. If I had to pick a third place, I'd pick Lehner if that bridge with Vegas is still burnt (I'm not sure if it is or not) 

4 hours ago, Forge said:

I really feel like the Russians are going to plummet down the boards

If that happens, I'm fine using 37 on Miroshnichenko or Yurov. I'd rather gamble on high end talent that has no business being on the board than pass on them for a lesser talent. They're Russian so you have their rights forever.

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

If that happens, I'm fine using 37 on Miroshnichenko or Yurov. I'd rather gamble on high end talent that has no business being on the board than pass on them for a lesser talent. They're Russian so you have their rights forever.

Miro obviously has other issues, but I'm assuming that he may be one of the few where this doesn't impact him. I'm pretty sure that he's actually in Canada or the US now because he's supposedly going to attend the draft.