Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think we most likely end up with Husso or Campbell. If I had to pick a third place, I'd pick Lehner if that bridge with Vegas is still burnt (I'm not sure if it is or not) 

I don't think we'd be in on Lehner. We've been burned the last two seasons by older goalies and, with Lehner's health issues, I don't see it. Too much risk.

I'd only do it if we dealt them Blackwood and we also signed another goalie.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Miro obviously has other issues, but I'm assuming that he may be one of the few where this doesn't impact him. I'm pretty sure that he's actually in Canada or the US now because he's supposedly going to attend the draft. 

Well then that goes for Yurov. Perevalov may be on the board at 37 anyways. TBH, outside of Yurov, there isn't a sure fire 1st round Russian that would be a threat to fall since Mintyukov plays in Canada and Miro is already in the states/Canada.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I don't think we'd be in on Lehner. We've been burned the last two seasons by older goalies and, with Lehner's health issues, I don't see it. Too much risk.

I'd only do it if we dealt them Blackwood and we also signed another goalie.

We've been in on him previously according to reports and he's only a few months older than Campbell who also missed time last year with injuries. Will very much come down to what Campbell's cost is...if he's getting 6 per year as reported, I Don't think we are going all in on that. I don't know how it jumped from 3M to 6M, or who can pay him that beside us, but that is the talk. But it will also depend on what the Lehner situation is. I'm not sure if it was the organization or the coach. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

We've been in on him previously according to reports and he's only a few months older than Campbell who also missed time last year with injuries. Will very much come down to what Campbell's cost is...if he's getting 6 per year as reported, I Don't think we are going all in on that. I don't know how it jumped from 3M to 6M, or who can pay him that beside us, but that is the talk. But it will also depend on what the Lehner situation is. I'm not sure if it was the organization or the coach. 

I mean, Campbell can look for $6m all he wants but he's not getting it.

42 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Well then that goes for Yurov. Perevalov may be on the board at 37 anyways. TBH, outside of Yurov, there isn't a sure fire 1st round Russian that would be a threat to fall since Mintyukov plays in Canada and Miro is already in the states/Canada.

Oh, I'm talking Russians up and down the board, not just the first round guys. This Fedotov thing happening so close to the draft is going to scare some teams. There were already rumors that they were going to fall (the Russians) and i know that there were rumors that some teams (such as Montreal) had removed them from the board all together.

Wouldn't be surprised if you get decent drops most if not all russians who aren't in the CHL across the board.  Second round guys become 4th round guys, etc. 

Fascinated by how that plays out next week. 

Just now, Forge said:

Oh, I'm talking Russians up and down the board, not just the first round guys. This Fedotov thing happening so close to the draft is going to scare some teams. There were already rumors that they were going to fall (the Russians) and i know that there were rumors that some teams (such as Montreal) had removed them from the board all together.

Wouldn't be surprised if you get decent drops most if not all russians who aren't in the CHL across the board.  

They'll get scooped mid-rounds and pay off huge down the line. Would definitely play into the hands of teams that have a ton of picks.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

They'll get scooped mid-rounds and pay off huge down the line. Would definitely play into the hands of teams that have a ton of picks.

That's what I'm thinking as well. We have shown we are not afraid to draft out of there and we have what, three 4th round picks is it? Swing for the fences if they really do drop. 

Besides, not like our rights expire. 

• Like 1

• Trade Blackwood and one of our 4ths to Vegas for Robin Lehner (saves them money)
  • LTIR Bernier, basically clearing his contract off the books for 2022-23
  • Trade for James Reimer or sign Casey DeSmith

Go from no NHL caliber goalies to 2 overnight.

• Like 1

Although Milstein would not confirm this, I’ve been told Mikheyev wants at least a five-year term on his next contract and a salary in the range of $4 million to $5 million, depending on the market and the team.

Not sure how I'd feel about adding him for that kind of price. He's a good depth piece but I don't know if he's worth that (let's be real here, it's 5x5 for us lol) since his career numbers are inflated by last year on a loaded offensive team. The two years prior, he had 40 points in 93 career games. Now, was that a result of being behind Hyman and he's really the 0.6 PPG player he was last year? That's for the team signing him to figure out ha.

Edited by beekay414

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Not sure how I'd feel about adding him for that kind of price. He's a good depth piece but I know if he's worth that (let's be real here, it's 5x5 for us lol) since his career numbers are inflated by last year on a loaded offensive team. The two years prior, he had 40 points in 93 career games. Now, was that a result of being behind Hyman and he's really the 0.6 PPG player he was last year? That's for the team signing him to figure out ha.

Those are the guys I really want to avoid. That sounds like a contract that's going to go bad for us

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Those are the guys I really want to avoid. That sounds like a contract that's going to go bad for us

I mean, he definitely does make us harder to play against but is he really a top 6 guy for us or is he another Andreas Johnsson? I don't think I want to find out. If we miss out on the viable top 6ers like Gaudreau and Forsberg, sit back and just let the kids develop rather than forcing something and paying someone like Mikheyev.

STI has some pretty bad takes on NHL talent (like calling Necas a top 6 forward but saying Garland is a middle sixer) but I do like his idea of a Smith for Turcotte swap. We have a hole at 3C and Turcotte's game lines up extremely well there. 

Well, this obviously would have to happen after the top two picks are made considering we may not have a hole at 3C much longer...

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, he definitely does make us harder to play against but is he really a top 6 guy for us or is he another Andreas Johnsson? I don't think I want to find out. If we miss out on the viable top 6ers like Gaudreau and Forsberg, sit back and just let the kids develop rather than forcing something and paying someone like Mikheyev.

I'd rather sign him than marchment, so there's that.