Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

I just feel like Boqvist, Kuokannen and Zacha are guys we're going to look to move this offseason. Especially if we land Wright/Slafkovsky at #2 on Thursday. I think Slaf will come over right away but I may be in the minority there.

Bratt-Hischier-Holtz
Sharangovich-Hughes-Slafkovsky/Mercer
Tatar-Wright/Mercer-Johnsson
Wood-McLeod-Bastian

Is kinda of what I'd expect if we don't land Gaudreau. Could also see us dumping one of Tatar or Johnsson for a 3rd pairing dman and playing Zetterlund on the 3rd line.

Edited by beekay414

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol we really do need to consolidate our forward depth.

A lot of these guys are basically the same. Johnsson to Arizona for future considerations should be a no brainer. 

I expect Zacha gone, but tatar to stay. Kuokkanen to stay. I think slaf plays elsewhere next year, and holtz starts in the ahl

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

A lot of these guys are basically the same. Johnsson to Arizona for future considerations should be a no brainer. 

I expect Zacha gone, but tatar to stay. Kuokkanen to stay. I think slaf plays elsewhere next year, and holtz starts in the ahl

So what's our top 6 and 3C look like? We bring Boqvist back and give him 3C? Mercer and who in the top 6?

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

So what's our top 6 and 3C look like? We bring Boqvist back and give him 3C? Mercer and who in the top 6?

I think it depends on who is brought in. If we don't get a top 6 wing, I could see Mercer popped up to a top 6 wing spot and boqvist 3c. If we bring in a top 6 wing, I could see Mercer playing a 3c, maybe popping boqvist to his wing it trading him

I think it depends on who is brought in. If we don't get a top 6 wing, I could see Mercer popped up to a top 6 wing spot and boqvist 3c. If we bring in a top 6 wing, I could see Mercer playing a 3c, maybe popping boqvist to his wing it trading him

I'm pretty much over Boqvist on the wing. He doesn't have the game for it.

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm pretty much over Boqvist on the wing. He doesn't have the game for it.

He's not much of a center either lol

But he can score at a third line rate either way. I honestly don't think his position matters. He's the same dude and you're just relying on him to score

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's not much of a center either lol

But he can score at a third line rate either way. I honestly don't think his position matters. He's the same dude and you're just relying on him to score

He's much more better fit for C than wing. He sees the ice better up the middle than on the boundaries.

Man, I have no idea why we wouldn't go after Ethan Bear. He'd be so ideal next to Okhotyuk/Bahl. Hell, call me crazy but I'd consider the racist too. He'd give us insurance for Severson at least and can play up the blue line.

Damn man, I just don't know what we're going to do. We have so many roster variables that it's hard to predict anything other than that we're going to go get a goalie.

27 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Man, I have no idea why we wouldn't go after Ethan Bear. He'd be so ideal next to Okhotyuk/Bahl. Hell, call me crazy but I'd consider the racist too. He'd give us insurance for Severson at least and can play up the blue line.

Damn man, I just don't know what we're going to do. We have so many roster variables that it's hard to predict anything other than that we're going to go get a goalie.

I'm guessing that they just feel like it's not worth giving up the sm assets and they will just nab a cheap 3rd RD as a ufa. 

Given that I think the cost for bear would be negligible, I'd disagree with that take

I'm guessing that they just feel like it's not worth giving up the sm assets and they will just nab a cheap 3rd RD as a ufa. 

Given that I think the cost for bear would be negligible, I'd disagree with that take

I guess it just depends on who they think is going to win the 3rd pair LHD spot. Because most of the RHD that are on the market that'll be cheap are not offensive guys. Lot of people are pegging Okhotyuk for that spot over Smith and Bahl. If that's the case, are we just going to punt offense on that unit? That's why I'd want to get my hands on Bear. He fits the timeline.