Around the NFL

Forge

It's not about liking Armstead more. We have a surplus of players at that position and the quicker we move Armstead, the quicker Thomas realizes his potential. Armstead isn't a bad player at all, just not good enough to hold Thomas back. 

This trade really does make a lot of sense for both teams.

45 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's not about liking Armstead more. We have a surplus of players at that position and the quicker we move Armstead, the quicker Thomas realizes his potential. Armstead isn't a bad player at all, just not good enough to hold Thomas back. 

This trade really does make a lot of sense for both teams.

I'm a fan of it.

Id rather try to trade armstead in the offseason for a young WR with upside. He was a high first round pick, no reason to dump him for a guy who isnt even under contract for next season. Id rather just sign butler as a FA. Do you really think losing a bunch of games with us will improve our chances of resigning him? 

7 minutes ago, N4L said:

Id rather try to trade armstead in the offseason for a young WR with upside. He was a high first round pick, no reason to dump him for a guy who isnt even under contract for next season. Id rather just sign butler as a FA. Do you really think losing a bunch of games with us will improve our chances of resigning him? 

No, that doesn't give you a better chance of signing him, but you do have the built in advantage of being able to negotiate a new deal prior to free agency beginning (after the regular season is over), so you get a jump start on it and would hopefully be able to get him an extension before the market opens. That's what the Browns did with Collins last year. 

As for the compensation...I want a known quantity, which is why I like the Butler deal (obviously the extension is a major hurdle there). Receiver with upside is a little too ambiguous for me. Treadwell has upside, but I'm not giving up Armstead for him. I don't mind going after a receiver though. Trading him for any position where the player is an improvement over what we have now works for me. I wonder if there's anyone similar to the Brandin Cooks situation earlier this year that could make that work. He had upside, and was a known quantity. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

No, that doesn't give you a better chance of signing him, but you do have the built in advantage of being able to negotiate a new deal prior to free agency beginning (after the regular season is over), so you get a jump start on it and would hopefully be able to get him an extension before the market opens. That's what the Browns did with Collins last year. 

As for the compensation...I want a known quantity, which is why I like the Butler deal (obviously the extension is a major hurdle there). Receiver with upside is a little too ambiguous for me. Treadwell has upside, but I'm not giving up Armstead for him. I don't mind going after a receiver though. Trading him for any position where the player is an improvement over what we have now works for me. I wonder if there's anyone similar to the Brandin Cooks situation earlier this year that could make that work. He had upside, and was a known quantity. 

Jarvis Landry is in the last year of his deal and doesn't look as if he's going to get a deal done. Maybe Pryor but that's stretching it a little considering he isn't quite producing as many thought he would with Cousins as his QB.

I feel like I say it every week, but Deshaun Watson is a gamer. He's had a tough go for the majority of the game but just makes plays when the team needs it. Impressive how he avoided sacks the last two plays and then threw a nice ball to Fuller for the deep TD.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I feel like I say it every week, but Deshaun Watson is a gamer. He's had a tough go for the majority of the game but just makes plays when the team needs it. Impressive how he avoided sacks the last two plays and then threw a nice ball to Fuller for the deep TD.

Wish he handled the pocket better. Obviously, he can move around, but I don't think that he's great in the pocket yet. I think if you shut down his first read, he gets frazzled. So those are the two things that I want him to clean up (otherwise, he honestly becomes Kaep, which isn't the worst thing ever, but not what you're hoping for either). But everything else has either met, or exceeded my expectations. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Chiefs offense>>>>>>

Best team in the league right now...BY FAR.

I am really hoping that they aren't undone by injuries. They always go into the post season just so banged up. They are already heading that way this year. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hill is ridiculous. Seriously, this team is so damn good in all three areas. It's going to take a great performance to beat these guys in the playoffs. 

That offensive line could really do them in. They are starting Cam Erving and Jordan Devey. That really can't end well. 

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hill is ridiculous. Seriously, this team is so damn good in all three areas. It's going to take a great performance to beat these guys in the playoffs. 

Hill, hunt, Smith, kelce - those guys are all playing incredible. Lots of guys playing great on that team. 

That was the last impressive 5 touchdown performance I have ever seen by a quarterback lol

But he's still learning and growing. We will see what happens. Lots to like there, and some stuff that worries me still. 

6 minutes ago, Knowledge said:

Anyone regret passing on Deshaun Watson yet? 

Not bad for a rook 

After that game? No, not in the least. Thought he was impressive for most of the Pats game though. Still too early to tell on him. 

May be regretting on passing on guys like Lattimore, White, and some others right now, though.

Archived