Around the NFL

Forge

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Should be better for my fantasy team by going to a team that will actually get the red zone and has a solid OL. 

Crazy deadline that isn't over yet. Schefty expects Vontae Davis to be moved or garner a lot of attention. Landry is on the trade block, I'm guessing the Giants won't have a problem moving DRC, Hilton's name has been mentioned and then obviously you have guys like Staley.

As TO said, getcha popcorn ready!!!

If Miami or Indy want our other 2nd for Landry/Hilton, I'd be game. Let's just start our offseason now.

37 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'll pass on Landry. HELL yes on Hilton though. 

It's kind of odd how everyone seems slightly down on Landry. Particularly the dolphins. I get while I we wouldn't want to spend that on him; he sort of works the same area that are current guys already does. But it doesn't make sense to me that the Dolphins will throw money at Stills and re-sign pretty much everyone else under the sun, but for some reason draw the line at Landry lol

I'm not down on Landry, just don't think he will do all that much for this team. We need a legitimate deep threat in Shanny's system and someone a lot more consistent than the guys we have. Cough cough Goodwin. Hilton would be a great addition, just not sure why the Colts even put him on the block. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm not down on Landry, just don't think he will do all that much for this team. We need a legitimate deep threat in Shanny's system and someone a lot more consistent than the guys we have. Cough cough Goodwin. Hilton would be a great addition, just not sure why the Colts even put him on the block. 

Grigson still secretly running them? 

We should be all over TY Hilton. If he's really available, they need to make that happen. Garcon / Hilton / Jimmy G / Hyde + Breida + Williams could be a very promising unit next year (assuming we bring back Hyde)

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

Grigson still secretly running them? 

We should be all over TY Hilton. If he's really available, they need to make that happen. Garcon / Hilton / Jimmy G / Hyde + Breida + Williams could be a very promising unit next year (assuming we bring back Hyde)

Even without Hyde, we could pick up a rookie that can work a toss play and run a committee backfield. Doesn't fix the o-line issues of this particular play we love, but still. Losing Hyde is probably the least of my offseason concerns.

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Kelvin Benjamin to Buffalo. Still waiting on more details.

Was just about to post this. Wow. That's a move I wouldn't have minded being on. I'll bet the cost wasn't a ton. I don't love Benjamin, but his help in the red zone alone could have been beneficial. 

2 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Funchess is better than Benjamin, smart move by the Panthers. McCaffrey might end up a full time receiver now. 

I think Funchess is pretty terrible. Just a bad football player to me. 

14 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Haha, the Browns tried to trade for AJ McCarron. They were too busy celebrating the trade that they forgot to notify the league office. They missed the trade deadline. Only in Cleveland. 

Probably a blessing in disguise for them, as they were going to trade a 2nd and a 3rd for him. 

Would have loved it to happen just because it would have really put the Jimmy trade into prospective. Garoppolo >>>>>>>>>>>>>> AJ McCarron

15 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Haha, the Browns tried to trade for AJ McCarron. They were too busy celebrating the trade that they forgot to notify the league office. They missed the trade deadline. Only in Cleveland. 

Feels nice to know that we aren't the laughing stock of the league...right? =P

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Feels nice to know that we aren't the laughing stock of the league...right? =P

With our 2-22 record in the last two seasons and the way we have gone through coaches since Harbaugh, we are still a laughing stock. Probably below the Browns, but a laughing stock nonetheless. 

Archived