Around the NFL

Forge

20 hours ago, Forge said:

Given them just an average quarterback and I think that they are largely competitive (that's why I mentioned Kaep). But Savage is just awful. I don't think should even be a back up.  I mean, he can't move the ball on Indy...that's a problem. It's not like the offensive line has been atrocious today - the right side is certainly a bit on the weaker side, and hasn't been great, but they haven't been bad enough where it has been full fledged detrimental. I don't know if they make the playoffs with Kaep (Jacksonville's schedule is relatively easy, and even with Bortles as being a significant weak link, I don't see them losing a bunch of game down the stretch), and the offense wouldn't have to change a whole ton from Watson to Kaep. 

I don't think Kaep is even average. He's an athlete who wants to be a QB (just like Tebow, IMO). To be a good QB, there is a cerebral requirement...Kaep doesn't have it at all.

12 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I don't think Kaep is even average. He's an athlete who wants to be a QB (just like Tebow, IMO). To be a good QB, there is a cerebral requirement...Kaep doesn't have it at all.

You're not watching how bad some of the starting quarterbacks are in the NFL....

Competent was probably a better word than average. He's not an average starter, but he is a competent one for the most part

22 hours ago, Forge said:

You're not watching how bad some of the starting quarterbacks are in the NFL....

Competent was probably a better word than average. He's not an average starter, but he is a competent one for the most part

And if he kept playing, I am certain he would continue his downward trend...which means he would likely become the incompetent I think he already is. 

20 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

And if he kept playing, I am certain he would continue his downward trend...which means he would likely become the incompetent I think he already is. 

But you have nothing to back that up, and the last we saw him, he was much better than the likes of Tom Savage, Brett Hundley, and numerous other players. And he didn't continue downward last year. He played much better last year than he did the year before....

It kind of sucks, but it's looking like that Saints pick is going to be a bad second rounder. That trade will have kind of backfired on us. Basically we will have waited a year to move up about 9 spots at this rate lol. 

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

It kind of sucks, but it's looking like that Saints pick is going to be a bad second rounder. That trade will have kind of backfired on us. Basically we will have waited a year to move up about 9 spots at this rate lol. 

Funny I was thinking the same thing on Sunday.  Oh well, maybe we'll make better use of that pick this year.  We certainly know more about what we need now.

Just now, big9erfan said:

Funny I was thinking the same thing on Sunday.  Oh well, maybe we'll make better use of that pick this year.  We certainly know more about what we need now.

Yeah, I mean, I'll make that trade 10 times out of 10, and it's still a better pick. I think it stings a little just because of the Saints taking Kamara and seeing what a stud he was. If they had taken a guy that couldn't get on the field, I don't think that there'd be that kind of sting. 

It's funny because when the Saints started out 0-2, it looked like it was going to be a high 2nd rounder. But those guys are real. Very good defense and very good offense. Deadly combo, and the team I'm leaning towards picking to represent the NFC.

47 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

This Andrew Luck thing is insane in the membrane...

This thought is starting to get a lot of traction. I heard Steve Young say that he didn't think Luck would play again, and so did D'Qwell Jackson. 

The craziest thing to me is that I still have no idea what's actually wrong with his shoulder. I mean, I know that he took the hit, shoulder was in massive pain, and then he had the surgery (exactly for what, I'm unsure of). But I have no idea what's still going on with that shoulder at the current point in time. Is it just pain? Is something torn or separated? I have no idea. Shoulder injuries are always a bit worrisome on quarterbacks, but in this day and age, I have no idea what a career ender is. Even Chad Pennington, who's career was eventually derailed by the shoulder issues kept coming back from them and that was 10-12 years ago. Now all this time and advancements later, we have a young guy who may not even be able to get back on the field to attempt a comeback? Like what in the world is going on with that injury? 

I have no idea how relevant this is but I remember Alex sat out most of one season and then was expected to come back the next year.  Something went wrong and he sat out an entire second season. But then came back as good as ever, well actually a lot better. Some doctor out there must know if this is a career ending injury or not.

6 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

I have no idea how relevant this is but I remember Alex sat out most of one season and then was expected to come back the next year.  Something went wrong and he sat out an entire second season. But then came back as good as ever, well actually a lot better. Some doctor out there must know if this is a career ending injury or not.

Yeah, they botched Alex's surgery if I remember right, though I can't remember what exactly it was. If that's what happened with Luck, they are keeping that amazingly well under wraps. 

It wasn't that they botched his surgery, it was that the team doctors did a terrible job evaluating the severity of his 'shoulder sprain'. Then Mike Nolan called him a 'wussy' in front of the team and Alex rushed himself back. I remember he came back after 3-4 weeks of being out in a home game. It was third down and 8-9, he scrambled left along the sideline and then took a huge hit out of bounds on his injured throwing shoulder. You could tell he wasnt right by the way the ball left his hands. 

He then went and got a second opinion from an outside doctor who told him he had the highest grade of separated shoulder you could have and to have surgery immediately. Then he missed the entire next season and his deep ball has never been the same. Remember that throw he made on TNF against the seahawks in the pouring rain to Arnaz Battle? No way he could make that throw now. Its incredible how he is playing at the level he has been, if he would have gone to a more stable franchise then he could have had a much better career. 

Archived