My shot at a mock draft

ziggy19

Other yrs we had a mock draft contest, won a few yrs in a row, but lately? Have been terrible at predicting what we do. Think Dallas has been better at being less obvious with less input fr Jerrah.

Rd 1   Calvin Ridley                    WR    Alabama
Rd 2 Nathan Shepherd    DT    Fort Hayes State
Rd 3  Darius Leonard                      LB    South Carolina State
Rd 4  Nyheim Hines                      RB    NC State
Rd 4 Breeland Speaks    DE    Mississippi
Rd 5 Cole Madison                    OG    Washington State
Rd 6 Tracy Walker                    S    La.-Lafayette
Rd 6  Matt Pryor                   OT    TCU
Rd 6 David Wells                    TE    San Diego State
Rd 7 Justin Lawler                    DE    SMU

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Ridley at 19 is NOT a bad value. People say he is not a star talent type of receiver but we are picking at 19 not 9. I also don't see that much of a difference between him and former WR from Alabama A Cooper.

I never even heard of rd 2, but what do I know.

He is star potential to me. Not the 1600 receiving yards megatron star. But the consistently open, do it all for you, chain moving, big play when you need one, separation earning, high volume threat kind of star like Larry Fitzgerald.

On 4/19/2018 at 8:04 PM, ziggy19 said:

Other yrs we had a mock draft contest, won a few yrs in a row, but lately? Have been terrible at predicting what we do. Think Dallas has been better at being less obvious with less input fr Jerrah.

Rd 1   Calvin Ridley                    WR    Alabama
Rd 2 Nathan Shepherd    DT    Fort Hayes State
Rd 3  Darius Leonard                      LB    South Carolina State
Rd 4  Nyheim Hines                      RB    NC State
Rd 4 Breeland Speaks    DE    Mississippi
Rd 5 Cole Madison                    OG    Washington State
Rd 6 Tracy Walker                    S    La.-Lafayette
Rd 6  Matt Pryor                   OT    TCU
Rd 6 David Wells                    TE    San Diego State
Rd 7 Justin Lawler                    DE    SMU

good chance Dallas takes Leighton Vander Esch Boise State LB in rd 1, then I think WR Korey Robertson Southern Mississippi  might be the rd 3 pick. Also not hard to see the Cowboys getting  QB MATT LINEHAN Idaho  late or as a udfa

39 minutes ago, ziggy19 said:

good chance Dallas takes Leighton Vander Esch Boise State LB in rd 1, then I think WR Korey Robertson Southern Mississippi  might be the rd 3 pick. Also not hard to see the Cowboys getting  QB MATT LINEHAN Idaho  late or as a udfa

What makes you think Robertson? He is a rough fit for the scheme and they havent shown any real interest I believe?

19 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

What makes you think Robertson? He is a rough fit for the scheme and they havent shown any real interest I believe?

thought I had read that they showed interest but now can't find it, so think I goofed.

19 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

thought I had read that they showed interest but now can't find it, so think I goofed.

Mike Miracles and 3 others Retweeted

Hearing teams interested in Southern Miss WR Korey Robertson. View him as a late Round 2 or Round 3 pick. Dallas, Arizona, New England, Oakland, Tennessee, Seattle and Philadelphia showing the most interest.

1 reply20 retweets39 likes

Retweet

Direct message

With the release of Dez Bryant , not resigning Brice Butler, James Hanna retiring does anyone know what scheme the Cowboy's are going with ? I can probably guess that the direction their going in , is receiver by committee and run the ball with Zeke, run the ball with Zeke, run the ball with Zeke. Watching the NFL network the analyst stated that it's going to be a heavy dishes to Zeke  and passing by committee with no #1 receiver spreading the ball around more.

@canadaluvsdallas

The scheme isnt changing.

Hurns will slide into Dez's role (probably was the plan from the start) and Swaim will take Hannah's spot. Swaim did fine in 2016 in Hannahs role and has only improved as a blocker and route runner both, as we saw last year in a limited role with Hannah back. Butler was such a small part of the offense that it doesnt matter. And Leonte Thompson is jjst as fast and athletic but is a more reliable route runner. He can fill those shoes and then some without even a blink.

Nothing is going to change overall. Just some new faces. Maybe they will run more horizontal stuff and allow Dak more freedom in decisions (run-pass options, read options and the like). But the coaches, playbook, and overall direction are not going anywhere. And it really should not. Not over one player - well maybe a QB - but certainly not over a receiver and your blocking TE. 

On 4/19/2018 at 11:07 PM, Dallas94Ware said:

He is star potential to me. Not the 1600 receiving yards megatron star. But the consistently open, do it all for you, chain moving, big play when you need one, separation earning, high volume threat kind of star like Larry Fitzgerald.

Antonio Brown Chad Johnson Calvin Ridley
Height 5'10" 6'1" 6'1"
Weight 186 192 189
40 Yard  4.56 4.58 4.43
3 Cone 6.98 7.51 6.88
Vert 33.5" 33" 31"
Broad 8'9" 9' 9'2"
Bench 13 reps N/A 15

The dude can run routes and create separation. He has the skills to overcome his physical shortcomings. I don't like the Fitzgerald comparison, but Ridley can definitely catch a lot of balls for someone.

Archived