Day 1 NFL Draft Discussion - NO SPOILERS

zelbell

3 minutes ago, zelbell said:

Any posts tagging Webby will be deleted. Consider this an official warning for today. He’s much too busy running the site so I doesn’t crash during the draft to deal with our nonsense.

Tag you're it @Webby

*Insert Shenanigans GIF from Super Troopers*

I've been back and forth on most of these guys for months (Not Allen). I like each of them. While I believe Darnold is the safer pick based off of personality, Baker was my first love. I'm not a fan for the cocky arrogant attitude, but I realize a lot of damn good QB's have that in them. As a passer, there is no one better. I'm not overly concerned with his height, if you can play, you can play. Not like he was playing with dwarfs at Oklahoma. He's got the arm, accuracy, mobility, passion. Most of all, based on reports, his football IQ is easily the best. That plus his accuracy are the two biggest positives to me.

It's 100% possible that his personality could make him a problem in the NFL, but I love the pick if this is what truly happens. I'm still skeptical considering at one point or another, the "Experts" have pegged every single player to us at 1. Dorsey is a puppet master.

1 minute ago, nugpimpen said:

I've been back and forth on most of these guys for months (Not Allen). I like each of them. While I believe Darnold is the safer pick based off of personality, Baker was my first love. I'm not a fan for the cocky arrogant attitude, but I realize a lot of damn good QB's have that in them. As a passer, there is no one better. I'm not overly concerned with his height, if you can play, you can play. Not like he was playing with dwarfs at Oklahoma. He's got the arm, accuracy, mobility, passion. Most of all, based on reports, his football IQ is easily the best. That plus his accuracy are the two biggest positives to me.

It's 100% possible that his personality could make him a problem in the NFL, but I love the pick if this is what truly happens. I'm still skeptical considering at one point or another, the "Experts" have pegged every single player to us at 1. Dorsey is a puppet master.

I worry about his off-field stuff not the on-field. It’s the type of personality you hate when he’s not on your team but embrace when he’s your guy. 

5 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I worry about his off-field stuff not the on-field. It’s the type of personality you hate when he’s not on your team but embrace when he’s your guy. 

Agreed. I'm not worried about excessive partying or half assed effort like Johnny. Baker is clearly passionate about the game and becoming the best.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Really?!?!

Over Tyrod?

I think it's a possibility.  If he's really that good at the mental stuff, he could start sooner rather than later.

But there's plenty of time to talk about that sht after the draft.  For now, let's stick to drama, smokescreens, finger pointing, and breaking news lol.

Archived