***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Infinity Wars

Deadpulse

2 minutes ago, Gmen4ev said:

I mean. Thanos could have still gotten the time stone eventually. Would have taken him longer than if strange handed it to him. But after getting it time would be a non variable for him.

But he would have never got the mind stone. Or at least known what happened to it.

30 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

I thought Tony was going to die, Strange bring him back with the time stone and relinquish the stone to Thanos. Why couldn’t he just do to Thanos what he did to Dormannu?

Because the time stone showed him only 1 path to victory.   Which required he surrender the timestone.  And half of the universe to die..for now.   

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

They did a great job with Thanos and making you not necessarily sympathize (well, at least not completely) but understand his intentions and why he did what he did. He wasn't your typical "bad" guy. He was a nicely layered character and Brolin did a great job playing him. 

Won't lie though - looking forward to watching him get his rear handed to him in Avengers 4.

Dark Knight's Joker, Loki, Killmonger, and now Thanos.  All layered, nuanced and understandable.   Gotta say that Thanos is the one where you actually feel the anguish he carries - that's powerful stuff.   He's not the all-time greatest (Ledger's Joker FTW still), but he's right up there.  Powerhouse performance by Brolin.

I agree that it will be nice to see his *ss handed to him in A4 - but we'll still likely feel some of his anguish there, too.  I certainly felt it when he said "everything" to child Gamora, or when he said goodbye to Gamora before that throw.

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Words do this no justice. This movie EXCEEDED the hype. 

Frankly, it sets a new bar.   We are not worthy.

If the Academy wasn't so pigheaded about typecasting SF movies...this would be the runaway Oscar winner at least for screen adaptation, and at least 2+ nominations for supporting actors  (Brolin, Cumberbatch, and I'd add....shockingly...Hemsworth) and supporting actress (Saldana & Olsen..yes, I said Olsen).   Doesn't have to win, but should see nominations, and if you're nominating 8+ pictures, easy call for Best Picture IMO.

Edited by Broncofan

Words do this no justice. This movie EXCEEDED the hype. 

I was legitimately impressed. Went in expecting 9/10. It was without a doubt 10/10. I legitimately enjoyed everything about this movie, its absurd how much I enjoyed it.

Rarely if ever is there a movie that I want to see the day after I just saw it. This was one of those movies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gmen4ev said:

I was legitimately impressed. Went in expecting 9/10. It was without a doubt 10/10. I legitimately enjoyed everything about this movie, its absurd how much I enjoyed it.

Rarely if ever is there a movie that I want to see the day after I just saw it. This was one of those movies.

I'm totally going to watch it later this week again. 

This movie will break records, I'm sure. The next one - after the table has been set - will set a bar that won't be touched for a long time.

4 minutes ago, Gmen4ev said:

This movie will break records, I'm sure. The next one - after the table has been set - will set a bar that won't be touched for a long time.

Saw it on Opening night (Thu 630 PM ET), and going on Sunday with preteen/teen girls...again.    

New bar, for sure. 

• Like 1

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

I'm only 23 so I legitimately could not know. But I have to assume this is the level of greatness that the Empire Strikes Back held? If so I can understand now why people are so infatuated with that movie even though its not my cup of tea.

And if part two supposedly is better than this last one?? I could not think of a greater accomplishment in cinema history.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gmen4ev said:

I'm only 23 so I legitimately could not know. But I have to assume this is the level of greatness that the Empire Strikes Back held? If so I can understand now why people are so infatuated with that movie even though its not my cup of tea.

And if part two supposedly is better than this last one?? I could not think of a greater accomplishment in cinema history.

I'm late 40's, so I was only a preteen for Star Wars, but ESB hit like a ton of bricks in my teen years.   

Honestly, Dark Knight & LOTR: Two Towers were close, but never matched ESB.   

But this one blew them away in how wrecked I was after seeing it.  I could barely sleep for hours after seeing the movie, and Day 1 were complete Thursday night.   Like back to my university days.

Edited by Broncofan