College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

3 minutes ago, Webmaster said:

Everyone needs to stop talking about other members and talk football.   

Yes sir! 

Question - How above the rest of the pack is Barkley compared to the other RBs? Likewise how above the pack is the best QB in the draft? 

My guess is Barkley is far greater than the other RBs and Darnold/Rosen are not much better than the next guy. 

If that is the case then I am really opening up to drafting Barkley at #1 and taking a guy like Allen at 5 through 9 with Texan's #1. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

On 11/6/2017 at 8:02 PM, roger murdock said:

Does anyone else feel this is an extremely weak draft. We are talking Barkley #1 overall. Hes not worth it, but I struggle to find anyone who's more worth it. Just feels super meh overall.

Don’t do it.

The problem is that college football as a whole doesn’t have a bunch of dominant teams.

I don't think it is a weak draft like '13, but it's not an amazing draft class like last year. That was the deepest draft I've seen + elite talents. QBs to come out remain to be seen but this class looks very strong. RBs are solid and boosted by Barkley. WR's are deep and I think one of them will end up being a stud. OL has a couple really good ones. Te in Hurst. Some good pass rushers, a couple like Chubb/Ferrell all around. Even a couple interior rushers like Payne, Wilkins, Dremont Jones, Ken Norton I liked awhile back haven't watched him this year though. Great safety class. CBs got plenty of talent. An lb or two.

9 hours ago, Dogbite said:

I am going to say not a chance that ever happens. I'm not scout and I've only watched highlights but Hurst looks far more athletic and fluid than Howard or Njoku ever did. He'll never get out of the Top 32 picks. I don't even know where they will pick yet but Pittsburgh would be his absolute floor.

I wouldn't expect a Canadian to know too much about football. I mean every team breaks the huddle with 12 players and the officiating is even worse because they never call it. They can't even figure out the proper dimensions of a football field up there let alone where a player should be drafted ;)

Well, Dogbite, I have been a NFL draftnik for 65 years and am quite versed in picking out prospects. I didn't just say he would be a 3rd rounder, but as it stands now, he is getting little love on NFL.com or the GBN and his fate will be decided at the combine. There we will find out just how athletic he really is. Putting him into round 3 means he has real talent, just not quite as good as you seem to think.:ph34r:

8 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Yes sir! 

Question - How above the rest of the pack is Barkley compared to the other RBs? Likewise how above the pack is the best QB in the draft? 

My guess is Barkley is far greater than the other RBs and Darnold/Rosen are not much better than the next guy. 

If that is the case then I am really opening up to drafting Barkley at #1 and taking a guy like Allen at 5 through 9 with Texan's #1. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Sorry, but we have been drafting leftover QB's in 3 drafts, Weedon, Manziel and now Kizer. I want the #1 guy where I know for certain that my odds for success is almost 4 times higher than taking leftovers.

A great RB like Peterson does not equate to a serious contender for the SB. Solid RB's can be had in rounds 2 and 3, so why in the world would you take one with the first overall pick. A RB has not gone top 5 for many, many years, because of their short careers, the fact that running the ball only accounts for 33% of most team's offense and the fact that many star RB's can be found in later rounds.

Besides, I can guarantee you 100% that Haslam will insist on taking a QB with the #1 overall pick, no matter what the FO wants, so it is a done deal already, end of story!!!

8 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Well, Dogbite, I have been a NFL draftnik for 65 years and am quite versed in picking out prospects. I didn't just say he would be a 3rd rounder, but as it stands now, he is getting little love on NFL.com or the GBN and his fate will be decided at the combine. There we will find out just how athletic he really is. Putting him into round 3 means he has real talent, just not quite as good as you seem to think.:ph34r:

Tell us about how you evaluated prospects for the 1954 draft.

I believe the success of this draft hinges on Darnold declaring. Really see it as a point of convergence for the Browns.

I noticed some of the media and talk shows have picked up on the Peyton Manning exec thing and the Darnold staying in school or not story.

If it takes Peyton Manning being brought in to convince Darnold that playing for Cleveland isn't a career killer, then I'm all for it and would drop every single member of this incompetent staff in a heartbeat.

I would trust that combination as a foundation for the future over what we currently have, easily.

Archived