MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

Just now, NYRaider said:

I know that he didn't want the UFC smoke. I know that you're a stan because he's from Wisconsin but he's just not UFC level. He flops around like a fish out of water and looks to just hold guys down until they're tired, that doesn't work at the highest level. Jorge Masvidal, a journeyman level fighter, embarrassed this man and probably ended his career within 5 seconds because he's so predictable and one dimensional. 

Yep, you have no clue lol. Like @JonStark said, you might wanna do some research before you make yourself look like a total idiot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yep, you have no clue lol. Like @JonStark said, you might wanna do some research before you make yourself look like a total idiot.

If Askren was deadset on fighting in the UFC, they could've made it happen earlier, or did you miss when they made it happen just recently? He wanted to fight scrubs in One FC so he could talk crap behind Twitter knowing that he'd never have to fight the best guys in the world. Askren's semi-funny but he got exposed big time by Jorge. That was probably a career ender if his camp is smart. 

ETA: Askren signed a 6 fight over 2 year deal in 2014. So he could've came to the UFC in 2016 but chose to re-up with One FC. 

Edited by NYRaider

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If Askren was deadset on fighting in the UFC, they could've made it happen earlier, or did you miss when they made it happen just recently? He wanted to fight scrubs in One FC so he could talk crap behind Twitter knowing that he'd never have to fight the best guys in the world. Askren's semi-funny but he got exposed big time by Jorge. That was probably a career ender if his camp is smart. 

ETA: Askren signed a 6 fight over 2 year deal in 2014. So he could've came to the UFC in 2016 but chose to re-up with One FC. 

Same with fedor. Bums hiding behind other organizations. Ufc or nothing brah

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You continue to prove you have no clue.

Askren literally flew to Vegas to meet with White, after asking Bjorn Rebney for his release, Dana offered him a contract, Askren secured his release, and as soon as Askren secured his release, Dana withdrew the offer. He literally had no choice but to go to ONE. But, as I stated before, you're clueless af on the subject.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

You continue to prove you have no clue.

Askren literally flew to Vegas to meet with White, after asking Bjorn Rebney for his release, Dana offered him a contract, Askren secured his release, and as soon as Askren secured his release, Dana withdrew the offer. He literally had no choice but to go to ONE. But, as I stated before, you're clueless af on the subject.

If that's the case then Dana probably realized he shouldn't sign Askren. We know why now. It's a legitimate liability to commission fights where Askren is fighting top mixed martial artists, he honestly could get seriously hurt or worse. 

Edited by NYRaider

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

If that's the case then Dana probably realized he shouldn't sign Askren. We know why now. It's a legitimate liability to commission fights where Askren is fighting top mixed martial artists, he honestly could get seriously hurt or worse. 

Yeah, sure. Whatever you say. 

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, sure. Whatever you say. 

I just hope he doesn’t fight again. I’m worried about him getting hurt bad. Dude was KO’d cold for like 10 minutes. Even Usman said he was really worried about Ben’s health. 

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I just hope he doesn’t fight again. I’m worried about him getting hurt bad. Dude was KO’d cold for like 10 minutes. Even Usman said he was really worried about Ben’s health. 

And he's fine. The dude got flash KO'd no different than a million other fighters. You should focus your "worry" on fighters like BJ Penn and Diego Sanchez.

Ideally, what happens at 170...

Colby beats Lawler and we finally get Usman-Covington for the strap.
Edwards beats RDA and we get the "3 piece and a soda" matchup with Edwards-Masvidal in a defacto #1 contender spot.
UFC books Darren Till vs Ben Askren
Then the winner of Pettis vs Diaz enters the fray as a top contender as well.

Can't forget about Santiago Ponzinibbio, Tyron Woodley or Wonderboy either.

Good lord, I love welterweight right now.