MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He hid in Asia his entire career as well and is strictly a grappler. He was fighting guys that had zero chance to beat him. Dude has 3 KO's in 53 fights in lower level organizations. 

Fighting in Asia doesn't mean you're hiding. And being a grappler doesn't mean you're a bad fighter. It's Mixed Martial Arts. You're not defined by how many fights you win by KO. Paul Daley has a higher % of KO wins than GSP, does that mean he's better?

7 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Fighting in Asia doesn't mean you're hiding. And being a grappler doesn't mean you're a bad fighter. It's Mixed Martial Arts. You're not defined by how many fights you win by KO. Paul Daley has a higher % of KO wins than GSP, does that mean he's better?

Askren didn't want any smoke in the UFC for years, which is why he stayed in Asia. In both of his first two UFC fights he has taken an extremely high amount of damage against two older journeymen fighters, so it makes sense. Askren's a good wrestler but he's not UFC level. We've seen that in his last two fights. 

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Askren didn't want any smoke in the UFC for years, which is why he stayed in Asia. In both of his first two UFC fights he has taken an extremely high amount of damage against two older journeymen fighters, so it makes sense. Askren's a good wrestler but he's not UFC level. We've seen that in his last two fights. 

We haven't seen anything definitive. Using less than 5 minutes of fight time to judge a fighter would be like using 1 game to judge a basketball player. Give me a god damn break. Your ignorance is beyond ridiculous at this point. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Who the hell throws this much shade at Robbie Lawler?

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

We haven't seen anything definitive. Using less than 5 minutes of fight time to judge a fighter would be like using 1 game to judge a basketball player. Give me a god damn break. Your ignorance is beyond ridiculous at this point. 

We saw him get bullied by Lawler before he caught a lucky choke and an early stoppage. And then we saw him get kneed into another dimension and baptized by street Jesus. The man is a bum. 

31 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We saw him get bullied by Lawler before he caught a lucky choke and an early stoppage. And then we saw him get kneed into another dimension and baptized by street Jesus. The man is a bum. 

Ignorance is bliss. You're continuing to prove, much like in the basketball forum, that you know nothing. Have a nice weekend, Bo. 

19 hours ago, NYRaider said:

What was wrong about it? Ben is cringe as hell and sounds like an absolute nerd. Why didn't he come to the UFC sooner? He ducked elite competition for years fighting against scrubs in One Championship. His last fight over there was against this guy:

400px-Shinya_Aoki_at_Evolve_MMA_in_Singa

And he came out of retirement to fight in the UFC because it was a cash grab. He pulled in $500k in his last two fights and I'm sure he believed he could leg hump his way to the belt in the UFC as well. Fighting Robbie Lawler isn't that impressive in 2019, he fought a 37-year-old that has won 1 fight in the last 3 years. Lawler slammed him on his head and was pounding him out before Askren caught that lucky choke. And as we saw in his last fight he's just not championship level in the UFC. Dude is a bum by UFC standards.  

You can't be serious. I'd do a little research if I were you before you say anything else on why Ben wasn't in the UFC sooner. 

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

You can't be serious. I'd do a little research if I were you before you say anything else on why Ben wasn't in the UFC sooner. 

I understand that he had some beef with Dana White but he could've fought in the US if he really wanted too.

15 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Do you know anything about the contract situation when he left Bellator for ONE? Honest question.

I know that he didn't want the UFC smoke. I know that you're a stan because he's from Wisconsin but he's just not UFC level. He flops around like a fish out of water and looks to just hold guys down until they're tired, that doesn't work at the highest level. Jorge Masvidal, a journeyman level fighter, embarrassed this man and probably ended his career within 5 seconds because he's so predictable and one dimensional.