MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

25 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

And those splits were the right calls every time. I've watched damn near all of Jorge's fights going back to Strikeforce. Dude can't even take losses well. He bitched about every split. 

I dunno. I don't see what everyone else sees with this dude. 

He beat Iaquinta IMO. His major problem is coasting in the final round and had or so. Gets off to good starts. Has some of the best boxing in MMA. 

Someone who fits your description of "corny" and overrated would be someone like Nate Diaz. Masvidal backed his talk up.

1 minute ago, RaiderX said:

He beat Iaquinta IMO. His major problem is coasting in the final round and had or so. Gets off to good starts. Has some of the best boxing in MMA. 

Someone who fits your description of "corny" and overrated would be someone like Nate Diaz. Masvidal backed his talk up.

He basically is Nate Diaz. I mean, Diaz backed his talk up too. Doesn't make him any less corny/not really that good.

LIS, dude is 6-4 at WW. That isn't a "fight for a title" resume regardless of how his last two fights went. Feed him to Woodley and watch Woodley expose him mercilessly.

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Of course you do. Jorge is the worst. Dude has 13 losses for a reason but thinks he's king **** cuz he's street.

Usman is going to ride him like the jackass he is tbh

ben comes off as a try-hard w/ his personality to me. it's not even that he's not genuine, he's just annoying. i appreciate what he brings to the promotion, i'm not even trying to hate on him. i prefer him in the mix, he definitely makes things exciting in the lead up. but it's just like dork **** most of the time. i like him in the promotion to root against him. masvidal has become one of the best characters in mma imo. naturally entertaining guy. wildcard 

i mean wonderboy definitely beat him (out karate-d him), but like the 4 (?) split decision losses before that were just him not going for it. he's definitely turned a huge corner in his fight mentality in the past like 3 years. i used to hate watching him, now he's pretty consistently fun to watch. 

and yeah usman is probably gonna lay all over him and get the nice 45-50. 

i'm shocked at how good usman has become. watching him on ultimate fighter like 4 years ago i would've never guessed he'd be a champ. still crazy to me. 

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

You call him corny when he's just being himself.

he's naturally corny then. even just yesterday at the weigh-ins saying "you mad?" over and over again to jorge. like that **** was annoying back when it was a "trendy" thing for teenagers to say. it's just like his demeanor i think. his interview w/ ariel the day before being like "you love me though ariel, i'm your favorite mma personality" it just never comes off i think how he intends it to. or just comes off like "yikes" to me at least. and i might be completely misquoting him tbh. and i do believe he's being himself and not necessarily "trying" but it just comes off like that for sure imo

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Feed him to Woodley and watch Woodley expose him mercilessly.

i don't think you'd get many arguments that fighters like woodley and kamaru would be able to pick up easy W's over him. at least not from me. maaaaaybe gets a W over Woodley depending on how Woodley feels about fighting that day 

kamaru would unfortunately wreck him probably. and probably everyone else. hope we get kamaru v. khabib at 170 at some point in the next ~2 years.

3 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

So who's next for Jon?

I wanna say Jan, tbh. He probably would have had this shot if he beat Santos. The other option is throwing Rakic/Reyes/Walker in there, which I'd rather not see just yet

I know Dana said he's not gonna do it, but got damn i want a santos-jones rematch once santos gets his knee right. in the meantime, DC is the only interesting fight imo. It's getting to the point with Jones where I wouldn't even be shocked if he lost anymore. His mystique is kinda dissipating w/ his performances as of late 

5 hours ago, RaiderX said:

Only fight left. Both cleared out their divisions.

Juliana Pena fresh off pregnancy? high chance she quickly gets starched on the feet, but that's the fight i'd be most excited about. besides Valentina or Cyborg rematches. 

Anyone else think Bones is struggling a bit to adjust to fighting without steroids? His last two fights he's been tentative, and hasn't really done a whole lot. And it coincides with him being (presumably) off the juice.

All I'm saying is look into it

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Anyone else think Bones is struggling a bit to adjust to fighting without steroids? His last two fights he's been tentative, and hasn't really done a whole lot. And it coincides with him being (presumably) off the juice.

All I'm saying is look into it

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but the first fight back from a suspension not looking your best is normal. He didn't look his best after he came back from injury either. I know he was still allowed to train obviously but there is no substitute for actual competition. In this fight I never saw anyone go after Jones with the intent that Santos did, so it's hard to judge if the tentativeness was in response to that (which would be reasonable) or being off the juice (also reasonable). I just don't see these two fights as enough to form that belief. Question it? sure. Believe it? Not yet.

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

And the man is on twitter 3 hours later...

I really don't get why people dislike this dude. You call him corny when he's just being himself. Corny is the **** that Masvidal says. Stuff like "I'm going to end his bloodline" or the hilariously bad stuff he said tonight. 

Y'all are so misguided.

cause we like seeing you get riled up