MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

Just now, eagles101 said:

Wasnt surprised at all. I felt it was pretty clear lhabib dodnt take any of connors stuff as “just for show” hes just was very composed and i fully believed khabib wasnt going to play nice after the fight. It escalated but i put that 100% on connor and his team.

I expected him to get in Conor's face afterwards and talk trash but never go after someone in the stands. He keeps talking about his religion and stuff and thats all fine but that wasn't the kind of restraint he made it seem like we should expect from him

45 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I expected him to get in Conor's face afterwards and talk trash but never go after someone in the stands. He keeps talking about his religion and stuff and thats all fine but that wasn't the kind of restraint he made it seem like we should expect from him

I believe he also excepts more from himself. But its not surprising to me that he was done taken crap from a garabge person and his garbage team. I dont find him being above going to confront someone who cant shut his mouth. He has had massive amount of class and respect for how awful of a person connor is. For all the crap and how connor pulled out all the stops to get in khabibs head its amazing he was as composed as he has been. Even what he didnt wasnt over the top imo. Its outside his character but everyone has a breaking point and im not surprised he broke at that point.

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'm sure Khabib will get punished, but he'll have every right to be angry about that punishment after Conor got off with a slap on the wrist following a much more significant incident.

Depends on who punishes him. If the UFC suspends him themselves then yes, he has a leg to stand on. If he's solely punished by the NSAD then what Conor did, in NY, won't come into play. 

5 minutes ago, I <3 Faulk said:

Depends on who punishes him. If the UFC suspends him themselves then yes, he has a leg to stand on. If he's solely punished by the NSAD then what Conor did, in NY, won't come into play. 

Theres the problem. He will get destroyed by the comish im sure since they are off the rails stupid. Connor was way worse (and honestly him throwing the monsters was worse) but he is under the comish now and thats bad for anyone who farts in the wrong direction.

What the hell does Dana think is gonna happen when you recruit a bunch of former child soldiers from one of the most war torn regions in the world, surround them with literal criminals and mafia, enable this kind of behavior for the entirety of the sport, then put those mentally unhinged people to fight a walking talking carny show?

This is what you get when you enable this kind of thing, Dana is 100% culpable, Khabib is a Dagestani thug who wasn't playing about wanting to destroy and humiliate Conor, and this whole incident has set the sport back years and is another example as to why Dana White should have stepped away years ago because at this point he is an active detriment to the sport.

"Mean words about family and religion" 

McGregor was igniting ethnic divides in ways that would put Khabib's family in danger. Accusing him of associating with the people that were responsible for ethnic violence in Dagestan. For them, this is not about a fight, it is about growing up as the militiary wing of the Caucasus where these "mean words" can and often do get people killed or beaten half to death.

Conor's carny show got a pass with Floyd (the monkey comments) because that was a show, Conor's show got a pass with Aldo and all the smack he was talking about Brazilians because that was a show. They shouldn't get a pass, because people shouldn't talk like that because it's repugnant, but they do.

Khabib and his corner hang around literal war criminals and mafiosi, these aren't mean words, this is serious stuff that threatens their families, their homes, their credibility and their respect on the streets. Throwing out racial and ethnically charged comments because "hurr durr me be villain and sell PPV" isn't fine when the other party is even in on it but it sure as hell definitely isn't fine when the other party isn't in on it and those comments and slurs could get people hurt.

Nobody in this entire incident comes out as anything other than an unhinged psychopath.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Oh god no are you nuts, people would die.

Hey Conor supposedly proposed it... Dana revealed it in an interview and then gushed over it. Make it happen.

"You know what Conor told me? He said, ‘I want Khabib in Russia'. Isn’t he ****** awesome?

"He’s like, ‘I want Khabib, in Russia’. He’s awesome. Conor McGregor is a ****** unicorn. There’s nothing like him. He’s working on boxing Floyd Mayweather and then he’s talking about fighting Khabib in Russia right after."

12 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

What the hell does Dana think is gonna happen when you recruit a bunch of former child soldiers from one of the most war torn regions in the world, surround them with literal criminals and mafia, enable this kind of behavior for the entirety of the sport, then put those mentally unhinged people to fight a walking talking carny show?

This is what you get when you enable this kind of thing, Dana is 100% culpable, Khabib is a Dagestani thug who wasn't playing about wanting to destroy and humiliate Conor, and this whole incident has set the sport back years and is another example as to why Dana White should have stepped away years ago because at this point he is an active detriment to the sport.

Exactly. This is the fork in the road between respected mma practitioners and back alley brawls. He actively encourages this behavior. He favors fighters who act this way. He needs to be fired. He still doesnt understand that if he had suspended connor and forced him to fight his way back to the top that the tension would have cooled. But instead they actively and heavily promoted connor attacking the bus. And you know if there is a rematch he will actively use his footage for hype. 

3 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

Exactly. This is the fork in the road between respected mma practitioners and back alley brawls. He actively encourages this behavior. He favors fighters who act this way. He needs to be fired. He still doesnt understand that if he had suspended connor and forced him to fight his way back to the top that the tension would have cooled. But instead they actively and heavily promoted connor attacking the bus. And you know if there is a rematch he will actively use his footage for hype. 

Or tell Conor and his camp "You keep the pre-fight professional or you are off the card". Instead the entire thing screams "This is an awful idea and someone is going to get seriously hurt", I mean brawls broke out at every single stage of the pre-fight process, I wasn't shocked when Khabib jumped the cage, that's how he was brought up and what Conor's camp and UFC had been daring him to do the last month. They've marketed this thing as and gotten Khabib's camp thinking it's a damn bar fight, I was waiting for the knives to come out.

This whole thing is one long string of "Well yeah, no **** what did you idiots think would happen" and if people had any balls Dana White would be getting dragged by every MMA beat writer in the country right now.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

Nah man he said Khabib wanted to fight Conor right away. So if he made Conor work his way up and Khabib fight other opponents surely the tension would have gotten even more tense! /s

Also this has happened half a dozen times. Its not shocking that two sides fight after a fight. We have seen brawls like this before. The only difference is the horrendous security. Khabib was held back by one 900 year old dude. Nobody was controlling connors corner. Then connor starts a brawl in the cage and no one is there to stop it.

1 minute ago, eagles101 said:

Also this has happened half a dozen times. Its not shocking that two sides fight after a fight. We have seen brawls like this before. The only difference is the horrendous security. Khabib was held back by one 900 year old dude. Nobody was controlling connors corner. Then connor starts a brawl in the cage and no one is there to stop it.

This isn't even the first time this has happened in a Conor McGregor fight FFS lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Or tell Conor and his camp "You keep the pre-fight professional or you are off the card". Instead the entire thing screams "This is an awful idea and someone is going to get seriously hurt", I mean brawls broke out at every single stage of the pre-fight process, I wasn't shocked when Khabib jumped the cage, that's how he was brought up and what Conor's camp and UFC had been daring him to do the last month. They've marketed this thing as and gotten Khabib's camp thinking it's a damn bar fight, I was waiting for the knives to come out.

This whole thing is one long string of "Well yeah, no **** what did you idiots think would happen" and if people had any balls Dana White would be getting dragged by every MMA beat writer in the country right now.

Exactly. Dana loves his fighters to be unprofessional. He has a grin ear to ear when the fighters are at each others throat .