MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

Next fight night is in 2 weeks and honestly it doesnt look like a great one outside of the ME but they cant all be awesome. Jake Matthews is a younger fighter on it, Rose-Clark and Eye should be a good fight too

I see Brad Tavares broke his foot so he is out of the Adesanya fight. Hope they find a solid replacement. If Uriah Hall wasn't fighting the next day I'd love to see him have a go at the last style bender. Neither seem to like defending the take down and throw some crazy stuff. 

6 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

yep. fought at about 260lbs. although he looked a little soft, there's definitely room for improvement on his physique

Yea he was a little doughy perhaps but he won't make LHW or anything. I'm curious if he can stop a shot. Most of the top HWs seem to be able to get guys down

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea he was a little doughy perhaps but he won't make LHW or anything. I'm curious if he can stop a shot. Most of the top HWs seem to be able to get guys down

Definitely a question now, but with his athletic pedigree I'd find it hard to believe he won't have great takedown defense with a little more training. Particularly coming from playing defensive line at a high level, which relies a lot on leverage, just like wrestling.

3 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Definitely a question now, but with his athletic pedigree I'd find it hard to believe he won't have great takedown defense with a little more training. Particularly coming from playing defensive line at a high level, which relies a lot on leverage, just like wrestling.

Never thought about it like that. Wild he got a UFC contract. Who do you want to see him fight next? I mean obviously he will be fighting cans at first

23 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Never thought about it like that. Wild he got a UFC contract. Who do you want to see him fight next? I mean obviously he will be fighting cans at first

Sounds like he may have some more fights in LFA first. they indicated there might be some kind of development thing going on for him. think he's under contract from the UFC, but they'll let him fight lesser competition first to get some experience.

would be tough to see him fight anyone UFC level right now, we can't forget that was his first pro fight.

45 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Sounds like he may have some more fights in LFA first. they indicated there might be some kind of development thing going on for him. think he's under contract from the UFC, but they'll let him fight lesser competition first to get some experience.

would be tough to see him fight anyone UFC level right now, we can't forget that was his first pro fight.

True, i just assumed since he got a contract he’d be fighting

I know it was his first but he’s already had more success than PPV fighter CM Punk