MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

4 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

I don't agree with that decision. I think Yoel won 3 rounds.

I think Robert won 1, 2, and 4 but if that last round wasn't a 10-8 for Romero I don't know what is... if you give the final round 10-8 for Romero it is a draw. This fight was a draw IMO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

I don't agree with that decision. I think Yoel won 3 rounds.

I gave Whittaker 1,2 and 4 - but I think 5 was a 10-8 round for Romero. 

Regardless, that's a fight - what a show by both fighters. Fight of the year contender for sure. 

Rounds 1 was a little slow but after that this was definitely a fight of the year contender. Whittaker's skillset is one of the best. So well versed and just a non stop offense. That jab is deadly. Romero has improved his cardio leaps over the past couple years and fighting with a shut eye was beyond impressive. Props to both men. I was on the edge of my seat the entire fight.

1 hour ago, Buckrock101 said:

Maaaaan, thats a surprise. Covington's pressure was really good, RDA never had any answer.

Hard to see how he matches up with Woodley though. Elite wrestler with one punch power. Think Colby gets slept

This is my supreme hope.  T is going to be motivated as all hell too considering he feels like this fight should have been a title eliminator and not a title fight to begin with.  I just hope (compared to other fighters there's no real reason to expect Woodley to be any more than average-prone, but the way things have gone lately...) he doesn't get injured in the interim since he was saying he'd be ready to return next month and now he's looking at a September (?) fight at the soonest.

that main event was crazy. fight of the year for sure, and it'll be tough to top that. Round three one of the all time great rounds in MMA.

Rob was lucky to win it, thought it was at the very least 47-47. He was hanging by a thread in the fifth, that's a clear 10-8.

in the end though it's kinda fair, since Yoel missed weight. would have sucked to see him come out against a guy who isn't playing by the rules and got knocked out.

1 hour ago, jfinley88 said:

yoel again if i was picking

weidman v. gastelum 2 in the meantime

i think they give it to weidman tho

kinda wouldn't surprise me if they did Yoel again. though that's a huge risk with him missing twice in a row. UFC will probably push him hard to go to 205, where he'll probably get an immediate shot or interim title fight.

if Rob's hand is really busted up, might give them time for Weidman-Gastelum again. though that'll put it at about 3 years until Weidman is ready for another fight.

better off they book Whittaker-Weidman, then when Weidman pulls out they can put in Gastelum.

Per usual, watching the card next day:

Oli wins pretty easily as i expected. Shocked to see he was barely a favorite. I had some money to win on that fight

Pettis/Benavidez....I didnt realize Slim Shady could make Flyweight. Thought Shady was done early on after getting caught. Glad to see Pettis win. After seeing Cejudo get the next shot, I'd hate to see JB get a 3rd instead of Pettis's 1st. With that said, Pettis didnt earn a 30-27

That knee by Smith...WOW. I kept waiting for it in the position as I'm sure everyone was and just 1 and it was done!

Claudia/Esparaza was more fun than i expected. Claudia is just fun to look at lol

OMG Reem/Blaydes THROW A PUNCH ITS BEEN 2 MINUTES AND NOTHING HAS HAPPENED