MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Ben Askren is hilarious but I really love Lawler too. This fight has me conflicted. Haven't felt this way since Cerrone and Lawler fought

I feel the exact same way. Think I'm going for Askren because I'd love to see him get the title, but wouldn't be too upset either way. 

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What title though? Bc he wont fight TWood and it doesn’t sound like 165 has any traction yet

There's a chance TWood loses to Usman on the same card, so Askren would probably get the next shot.

If TWood wins, Askren will just publicly troll the UFC into making 165 a thing lol

• Like 1

Just now, JonStark said:

There's a chance TWood loses to Usman on the same card, so Askren would probably get the next shot.

If TWood wins, Askren will just publicly troll the UFC into making 165 a thing lol

I haven’t even entertained the thought that Usman wins lol

You're right he could win but if TWood loses the belt i just dont see how vs Usman or Colby

Id love to see Askren v Marty though 

could we have a card that basically has two HW title fights on it? DC vs. Lesnar for the belt. And then Stipe vs. Cain (for example) for the belt when DC retires, which is gonna be right after his fight. You could promote it that way if DC lets them.

edit: only problem is that you would be admitting in the promotion that Lesnar has no shot lol

Edited by 11sanchez11

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I just have an awful feeling that Lawler is going to floor Askren quickly. 

Either way, I STILL want to see Askren vs Maia. That would've been a more fun fight for me as Askren's debut.

that wouldnt have been a bad 1st fight and I love them giving him Lawler out the gate, but honestly there is a trio of fighters i want  to see play out and thats Askren, GSP, and Khabib.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

could we have a card that basically has two HW title fights on it? DC vs. Lesnar for the belt. And then Stipe vs. Cain (for example) for the belt when DC retires, which is gonna be right after his fight. You could promote it that way if DC lets them.

edit: only problem is that you would be admitting in the promotion that Lesnar has no shot lol

Exactly. If Brock wins he has no belt