MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I should've gone to this Phoenix card. Never been to a UFC card. Is it a good time?

I generally think going to live sporting events kinda sucks. Only really fun one is a close bball game. Football and baseball games suck live.

I've been to two MMA events and both times were crazy fun. Went to Hendo vs Feijao and UFC 164. Blast. 

Edited by beekay414

16 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Was anyone else on here aware of Cowboy Announcing that he and Conor will fight for interim 155 Title?

The Disrespect of Poirier and Fergy lmao

I love Cerrone and that fight would be alot of fun but Ferguson has earned that shot over Cowboy. Hell, you could make a case that Dustin has earned it more too because Conor has been so inactive and then suspended

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Wait...so Rory's competing in the Welterweight Grand Prix and can lose his Welterweight title DURING the tournament? Did Mauro say that right? Said the title was up for grabs DURING the tournament.

Isn't that the point of the Grand Prix though? That the winner gets the belt? I think he has to lose it if he loses but the thing is that he shouldn't be in the tourney. He should be fighting the winner of it imo. Wouldn't make sense to call it what it is and if he loses, he doesnt lose the belt. 

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Two heavyweight fights go to a decision. Rare. lol

What do you expect from Roy Nelson at this point? We all love Big Country because he was a KO artist and his chin is legendary. He is 3-8 his last 11 fights and only 1 of those wins was by finish. Even Kongo is a point fighter now at this point in his career. Still cant believe he won. He will probably get crushed by Bader but Ryan has a paper mâché chin so who knows

5 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

I agree, sports are always worse live. Exccccept MMA. It's sensational. Have gone to every card in Florida since that Werdum v. Browne card back in 2014. Won't ever skip one. 

I'm still kicking myself for not going to UFC Norfolk. Not many cards come all that close to VA but damn this one being 90 minutes away with:

Poirier v Pettis

M. Brown v Diego

Those 2 alone would have been worth seeing live

Also, what does a ticket usually cost anyways for a non-PPV event?

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

How did Kongo get the W in that fight?

Also, Roy how are you so surprised you lost?

didn't think the Kongo decision was that bad. Minakov put up more volume, but overall I think Kongo did the most damage when he turned it on. bizarre fight though, seems like Kongo only has enough in the tank for about 2 and a half minutes of action over the whole fight.

and Roy Nelson has completely changed in the last few years, it's sad to see. He used to have a reputation as a KO artist, but now he's turned into Jared Rosholt. pure wrestler, boring as sh. I think Nelson must have absorbed Rosholt's soul back when he beat him.

48 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I love Cerrone and that fight would be alot of fun but Ferguson has earned that shot over Cowboy. Hell, you could make a case that Dustin has earned it more too because Conor has been so inactive and then suspended

I'd argue Conor vs Ferguson just because they're #1 and #2. It would be a fun fight though with Cerrone. I'd give Conor an early KO/TKO for that though. Conor is the worst guy to face for someone who's a slow starter. 

I know the Conor vs Dustin fight was a while ago and a rematch would be nice to watch but Conor massacred him. 

I say Conor vs Ferguson is the most fair. I'd be ok with Ferguson vs Poirier too I guess. All in for Poirier on that one.

40 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm still kicking myself for not going to UFC Norfolk. Not many cards come all that close to VA but damn this one being 90 minutes away with:

Poirier v Pettis

M. Brown v Diego

Those 2 alone would have been worth seeing live

Also, what does a ticket usually cost anyways for a non-PPV event?

Tickets @ The ESPN + premier were about $200 a piece for average seats not in the nosebleeds where you could still see decently.