MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Do you think the Al/Cowboy will have any real implications? Does the winner get a #1 contender spot? They definitely don’t get a title shot 

I think after Cowboy wins, he's gotta fight Conor. Only fight that makes sense. Then the winner faces the new Champ.

That makes sense. Due to Tony's inactivity I think fighting him before a title is a bit of a stretch.

Edited by BullsandBroncos

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I think after Cowboy wins, he's gotta fight Conor. Only fight that makes sense. Then the winner faces the new Champ.

That makes sense. Due to Tony's inactivity I think fighting him before a title is a bit of a stretch.

Tony has fought more recently than Covington and yet everyone expects CC to get the next WW shot. Also Tony hasn't fought in 6-7 months, that isn't exactly a major layoff. If he announced a fight in the next month or 2 it wouldn't be a big deal.

Would Conor take a non-title fight? Would the UFC even book a non-title Conor fight?

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Tony has fought more recently than Covington and yet everyone expects CC to get the next WW shot. Also Tony hasn't fought in 6-7 months, that isn't exactly a major layoff. If he announced a fight in the next month or 2 it wouldn't be a big deal.

Would Conor take a non-title fight? Would the UFC even book a non-title Conor fight?

I mean unless he fights Max for the FW belt, they don't have a fight for him until December at best in terms of title fights.

Edited by BullsandBroncos

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I mean unless he fights Max for the FW belt, they don't have a fight for him until December at best in terms of title fights.

I agree, its just you’re using logic and when it comes to the UFC and Conor, there isnt always a logical decision being made

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I agree, its just you’re using logic and when it comes to the UFC and Conor, there isnt always a logical decision being made

I think at this point, he cares more about the right dollar amount and being a main event. If the dollar amount was right, maybe he would take a co main, but idk. Definitely can't see him fighting on fight night any time soon.

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

daniels has the best highlights in combat sports

First MMA fight since 2008. Hard to believe a 39 year old moves that friggin' well. Might still have a future in MMA despite the age.

Screw it...I wanna see Daniels vs MVP.

Edited by beekay414