MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

7 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I don't really care about power. Has Valentina ever KO'd anybody with her hands? Its about connecting at the right spot. 

Valentina reads everyone because they have basic footwork. Rose is really the only chick with high level footwork. I think it would be a problem we haven't seen her solve. Like Rose did against JJ. Tho they train together so maybe she has an answer. 

Please describe in depth everyones "simple" footwork. Kinda seems like youre talking out youre you know what.

25 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Please describe in depth everyones "simple" footwork. Kinda seems like youre talking out youre you know what.

https://youtu.be/7HY5Ek86mo4?t=255

https://youtu.be/Vt-hkXUHGEk?t=70

here's rose's footwork. Rose is way more exaggerated in her bouncing and faints and changing angles then basically every girl in the UFC. There is a reason she has only lost against people who out grapple her.

Edited by 11sanchez11

12 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

https://youtu.be/7HY5Ek86mo4?t=255

https://youtu.be/Vt-hkXUHGEk?t=70

here's rose's footwork. Rose is way more exaggerated in her bouncing and faints and changing angles then basically every girl in the UFC. There is a reason she has only lost against people who out grapple her.

so you explained exactly zero amounts of everyones simple footwork. thanks for that.  striking footwoork almost by definition is "simple", Stay balance and have quick feet, its really hard to do but easy to say. Rose does better with her movement but other fighters use that same movement heavy style and that puzzles been solved plenty. Stay balance and have quick feet, its really hard to do but easy to say. joanna had 290 (supposedly) significant strikes landed against rose the 2nd time, she carries no where near the power valentina does. I dont even know why this is being argued, even ignoring that valentina is a world class kickboxer/muy thai girl and better technically than rose, we just saw what happens when two excellent strikers fight but one is smaller and doesmt have the power to do enough damage, do I need to remind you what that fight was?

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

so you explained exactly zero amounts of everyones simple footwork.

you want a breakdown of every single female's footwork from me?

my point was it is different, not that everyone else sucks. I didn't say simple=bad. Valentina is flatfooted most of the time and she is incredible. i said it would be a different problem. Valentina doesn't have great power in her hands. She has literally never won a fight because she was more a powerful puncher than her opponent. She has way better timing and weapon choice than her opponents and makes quicker reads, etc.

Being a more powerful puncher isn't that important in MMA. JJ has fought Andrade, Valentina, and Rose. Only one KO'd her and it wasn't because she got hit with a powerful punch. Nate was gonna put Conor out if he didn't choose to be submitted instead. Floyd TKO'd Conor. TJ KO'd Cody 2x. etc. etc. You don't have to be a powerful puncher to TKO/KO someone in MMA. People's problem vs. Valentina has been being able to touch her, having the power to affect her is secondary if you can't connect clean. 

9 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Rose does better with her movement but other fighters use that same movement heavy style and that puzzles been solved plenty.

and a guy like lomanchanko has never been solved. also people with Valentina's style of footwork have been solved, not sure what the point is.

14 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

what happens when two excellent strikers fight but one is smaller and doesmt have the power to do enough damage, do I need to remind you what that fight was?

valentina vs. Nunes?

12 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

I dont even know why this is being argued

I don't know what you think I'm arguing tbh

9 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

striking footwoork almost by definition is "simple", Stay balance and have quick feet, its really hard to do but easy to say.

yeah, I'm sure if you told a fighter I know footwork and you told him you gotta be balanced and have quick feet he would say thank you why don't you coach me.

29 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

so you explained exactly zero amounts of everyones simple footwork. thanks for that. 

also if I say she does more of 'x' I think that would imply that everyone else does less of 'x'

I don't think that was too hard to figure out 

7 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

you want a breakdown of every single female's footwork from me?

my point was it is different, not that everyone else sucks. I didn't say simple=bad. Valentina is flatfooted most of the time and she is incredible. i said it would be a different problem. Valentina doesn't have great power in her hands. She has literally never won a fight because she was more a powerful puncher than her opponent. She has way better timing and weapon choice than her opponents and makes quicker reads, etc.

Being a more powerful puncher isn't that important in MMA. JJ has fought Andrade, Valentina, and Rose. Only one KO'd her and it wasn't because she got hit with a powerful punch. Nate was gonna put Conor out if he didn't choose to be submitted instead. Floyd TKO'd Conor. TJ KO'd Cody 2x. etc. etc. You don't have to be a powerful puncher to TKO/KO someone in MMA. People's problem vs. Valentina has been being able to touch her, having the power to affect her is secondary if you can't connect clean. 

and a guy like lomanchanko has never been solved. also people with Valentina's style of footwork have been solved, not sure what the point is.

valentina vs. Nunes?

I don't know what you think I'm arguing tbh

yeah, I'm sure if you told a fighter I know footwork and you told him you gotta be balanced and have quick feet he would say thank you why don't you coach me.

Yes, you asserted how rose was different but have provided very little to back it up. Just like asserting Valentina has never won because she had more power in her hands than the opponent, I’d argue that’s the exact reason why she beat jj. You keep asserting things with almost nothing to back it up and then when you get questioned it’s essentially been “oh yeah, well you haven’t proven otherwise”.

no, that wasn’t the fight either... I mean it’s only been like a month since Holloway v poirer... how’d you forget that already? And you’re right, not even sure what you’re arguing anymore. At one point you mentioned rose koing J.J. like that means she could hang with Valentina, then there was power. Doesn’t matter that much, then it was oh it’s the movement ( I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt here and say this is the word you were looking for instead of footwork), then just ignore that J.J. connected on 200+ significant strikes with that movement that was so tricky. So what is it next\exactly?

and it’s a good thing I’m not looking to give advice to fighters? What was the point of that besides saltiness over being called out about the word vomit going on?

13 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Yes, you asserted how rose was different but have provided very little to back it up.

yes, I should say rose would murk valentina as my argument (but the opposite) as you have instead of saying she is more exaggerated in her bouncing back and forth, she feints way more and more pronounced, and she changes angles more often. And then giving you two videos that helps explain it. I should just define footwork as simple and pretend I have said something like you did. 

23 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

no, that wasn’t the fight either... I mean it’s only been like a month since Holloway v poirer

yes, and no person have ever won a fight before where their opponent punched harder than them.

And you’re right, not even sure what you’re arguing anymore.

I could tell 

At one point you mentioned rose koing J.J. like that means she could hang with Valentina

your point is that VS would beat Rose because she is more powerful. I gave you a relevant example why it doesn't matter that much if she is. Rose has enough 'power' to do something that Valentina couldn't against a common opponent. 

30 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Doesn’t matter that much, then it was oh it’s the movement ( I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt here and say this is the word you were looking for instead of footwork)

no, I was looking for footwork. you do move with your feet. 

31 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

then just ignore that J.J. connected on 200+ significant strikes with that movement that was so tricky

a lot of that was leg kicks. also the point of this was that rose might be able to get to VS unlike any other female fighter, not that she would never get hit.

35 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

What was the point of that besides saltiness over being called out about the word vomit going on?

the point of it was to point out that you called me out for not explaining her footwork (even tho I briefly did and provided you more info if you wanted a better explanation) but then proceed to define footwork as being balanced and having quick feet lol like that is saying anything.

can we agree that rose has different footwork than basically every other female fighter?
can we agree that I never said Rose would beat Valentina?
can we agree that we should stop this back and forth for the sake of others who are reading this thread?

9 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Honestly I could see them running this back now, since we have to wait for Khabib vs Dustin anyway. Don't think anyone will argue with Tony vs Cowboy again, hopefully as a main event.

Do they ever run these back though? There are bigger controversies that never get ran back

8 hours ago, JonStark said:

Such an unfortunate end, but I got a little more respect for Tony with that interview. Hopefully he actually got some help and it helped him, because he seemed a lot more in control tonight. I actually believe he’d be fine running it back. 

Regardless, diamonds are forever at 155. 

Yea he definitely looked remorseful and I know its easy to say that when you are trying to save face but Tony used to have this IDGAF attitude so i was surprised he didn’t here

• Like 1