MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Mendes couldn't really keep Conor down (with damage I mean) despite landing some explosive GnP. Mendes is also a much more explosive wrestler so that negates Conor's movement more than Khabib's style does. Khabib HAS to get inside to get a TD. He can't just explode with a single leg like Mendes can. That's a difference that Conor most definitely can exploit. Khabib also keeps his head on a line with terrible defensive boxing. He's gonna get clipped. He's gonna drop. He's going to get pounded out. 

Khabib is a relentless fighter but let's not act like he's a great athlete. He's a grinder and grinders with ****ty boxing get knocked out against elite athletes that are also elite strikers. Conor is going to flatten him and it's going to be a whole lot easier than people expect.

Like Kevin Lee points out (as does Eddie Bravo), Tony Ferguson is a far more dangerous matchup for Conor. Incredible jaw, really good athlete, crazy style and relentless as hell. 

I know you love Pettis and I want to see him fight on the card, but I kind of hope Khabib pulls out just so Tony gets to fight Conor although idk if they would do that or not. THAT's the fight I want to see. 

Anyone remember someone that just fell off the map as hard as Renan Barao did? I mean 4 years ago, he was 27 and an absolute KILLER in the BW division. He's a heavy favorite vs Dillashaw and got stomped for 3+ rounds(now we see just how good TJ really is), beats Gagnon(whatever), then crushed by TJ again. Sometimes fighter just have your number? and then it seems like everyone has stolen his number, his house, car and girl as he lost to Stephen, Sterling, Kelleher and Ewell. Like WTH happened to this guy? He's just 31 years old and cant even beat guys that are no names

25 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Anyone remember someone that just fell off the map as hard as Renan Barao did? I mean 4 years ago, he was 27 and an absolute KILLER in the BW division. He's a heavy favorite vs Dillashaw and got stomped for 3+ rounds(now we see just how good TJ really is), beats Gagnon(whatever), then crushed by TJ again. Sometimes fighter just have your number? and then it seems like everyone has stolen his number, his house, car and girl as he lost to Stephen, Sterling, Kelleher and Ewell. Like WTH happened to this guy? He's just 31 years old and cant even beat guys that are no names

USADA

Pigg Rigg

14 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Less than 2 weeks until the king returns. What are the odds the fight actually happens? Whether it be Khabib pulls out or Conor throws a Mini Cooper at a bus full on nuns?

It'll happen.

Khabib gets the TKO victory in the 3rd round.

McGregor retires for a while then does Floyd II for a cash grab. 

Khabib is -155, McGregor +125

Edited by cddolphin

Quick question... why do people say all the time that Khabib hasn't fought anyone, but never say the same for Tony?

Khabib's beaten Rda, Edson, Al

Tony's beaten Rda, Edson, Kevin Lee

Is Kevin Lee that much better than Al, that it makes Tony's record great and Khabib's record poor?

Not to mention, Khabib blanked Edson and Al (and Johnson, who Tony lost to fwiw). Tony had moments against Edson, Lee and Vanatta where he was taking a lot of damage. Imagine what they would say if it was Khabib in that situation.

Just wondering if one of the "Khabib has only fought cans" crowd can respond with why Tony is different.

Edited by Buckrock101

14 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Quick question... why do people say all the time that Khabib hasn't fought anyone, but never say the same for Tony?

Khabib's beaten Rda, Edson, Al

Tony's beaten Rda, Edson, Kevin Lee

Is Kevin Lee that much better than Al, that it makes Tony's record great and Khabib's record poor?

Not to mention, Khabib blanked Edson and Al (and Johnson, who Tony lost to fwiw). Tony had moments against Edson, Lee and Vanatta where he was taking a lot of damage. Imagine what they would say if it was Khabib in that situation.

Just wondering if one of the "Khabib has only fought cans" crowd can respond with why Tony is different.

I do think Lee is much better than Al and also RDA at the time was a much tougher fight than when he fought Khabib but yea Ferguson’s a much more exciting fighter and therefore a bigger draw for casuals 

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I do think Lee is much better than Al and also RDA at the time was a much tougher fight than when he fought Khabib but yea Ferguson’s a much more exciting fighter and therefore a bigger draw for casuals 

Im gonna disagree with RDA was an easier fight for khabib. He lost to Khabib and then went on to win  4 straight and the 155 strap in 11 months following his loss. 3 of those wins were KO of benson henderson, working over Nate, and just running over pettis for the belt. That year was about as prime as RDA has had.

6 hours ago, Big Snack said:

Im gonna disagree with RDA was an easier fight for khabib. He lost to Khabib and then went on to win  4 straight and the 155 strap in 11 months following his loss. 3 of those wins were KO of benson henderson, working over Nate, and just running over pettis for the belt. That year was about as prime as RDA has had.

I know RDA went on his run after that fight but before then he wasn't much really. And Tony fought him right after he lost the belt when he was considered a much better fighter. That's how I looked at it. To the point said ,though, neither guy has an impressive resume. He was supposed to fight Khabib 3 times, but Khabib pulled out twice to Ferg's 1

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Lee was 21 when he fought Al and it was his first UFC fight. He's a much different, better fighter than he was then.

Absolutely 100%. Lee used to be just a wrestler, now he is finishing guys and putting them in tough spots with his wrestling. He even had Tony on the ropes too on the ground